Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is *not* Storm!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I am getting very frustrated, as my Balance spells are fizzling much more than they should. On several different sessions, I calculated my ratio of spells hit to spells fizzled, and I was greatly disappointed and annoyed to see it be nearly 1:1. THis means that for every Balance spell that hit, another Balance spell of mine fizzled. Last time I checked, Balance's accuracy is 85%, NOT 50%. This means that while my Judgements, Ra, and Hydras fizzle as often as they hit, my enemies are hitting me with Krakens, Stormzillas, and Storm Lords with NO fizzles. *Clearly* there is some sort of bug, or foul play. This high fizzle rate for Balance has cost me several victories, and barely won me many narrow victories, all because the enemy NPC's *cannot* play fair. As I write this, I am going on a FOUR FIZZLE streak, using Sandstorm.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I am a storm person and i dont really fizzle as much as you would think. But the thing about storm is yes, they have low accuracy, but since we do, almost all of our clothes have accuracy boosts, so we actually have good accuracy with the right clothes. Balance, on the other hand, has okay accuracy, but falls flat because it has little to none accuracy boosting clothes. Wizard101 usually leans tward not how much accuracy your school gives, but what you have as an accuracy boost.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
Now I am also from the Storm School, but have lately been fizzling alot. I have also had a 100% spell fizzle out on me once or twice, which I thought couldnt happen if I understand this game right.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
conspirator1 wrote:
Now I am also from the Storm School, but have lately been fizzling alot. I have also had a 100% spell fizzle out on me once or twice, which I thought couldnt happen if I understand this game right.

Were you smoked screened or black mantled.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I am getting very frustrated, as my Balance spells are fizzling much more than they should. On several different sessions, I calculated my ratio of spells hit to spells fizzled, and I was greatly disappointed and annoyed to see it be nearly 1:1. THis means that for every Balance spell that hit, another Balance spell of mine fizzled. Last time I checked, Balance's accuracy is 85%, NOT 50%. This means that while my Judgements, Ra, and Hydras fizzle as often as they hit, my enemies are hitting me with Krakens, Stormzillas, and Storm Lords with NO fizzles. *Clearly* there is some sort of bug, or foul play. This high fizzle rate for Balance has cost me several victories, and barely won me many narrow victories, all because the enemy NPC's *cannot* play fair. As I write this, I am going on a FOUR FIZZLE streak, using Sandstorm.

Speaking of that if with the right clothes, I have a 96% chance of hitting it or 24/25 chance of hitting or 1:25 ( 1 fizzle per 25 attacks ) ratio of fizzling. I have no idea what would go on, a glitch, luck, or what but that's what i can give you.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Why don't you simply cast the accuracy spell that is conveniently placed in your Balance spell-book?