Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair, quest for fire school from level 18

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
This is a MAJOR problem. I discovered that while doing the Stone Cold quest for Falmea for a spell, after i did the rubbings i couldnt get to the krokosphinx. I think its because i havent done a certain quest yet, but still that is not fair. You should make it such as Grizzleheim, you visit once but cant return until you do so and so. for now i will try to find out which quest i have to do but just in case this happens to anyone else just giving heads up :D .

Ryan Dragonsword, Journeyman Pyromancer, Level 18

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
We all get teacher spell quests in areas we have not opened yet. I have started four wizards and it happened to them all. You have two choices, wait until you open the area or get a friend who has opened the are to let you port into them.

It is not an issue of fairness. Sometimes we just have to wait to get things.

Megan

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
As Fire Fan noted, this happens to everyone (death's level 28 spell requires them to get to Chelsea long before they are there). If you don't have any friends on line, it often works to just stand near the area you need to access and ask folks for help. Since this happens to everyone, most folks are willing to friend you for a quick port. Good luck!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Dont worry it always happens. For example for my lvl 38 spell I had to go to Shirataki Temple but I couldnt go in. My advice is to Ask a friend who has acsses to that location for help! Hope this helps you.

- Cori DuskBlosson Lvl 48 Diviner

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
deathlilly333 wrote:
Dont worry it always happens. For example for my lvl 38 spell I had to go to Shirataki Temple but I couldnt go in. My advice is to Ask a friend who has acsses to that location for help! Hope this helps you.

lol life students get dryad at that level and have too go too that place you mean a life wizard not a diviner XD

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
May 27, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
deathlilly333 wrote:

lol life students get dryad at that level and have too go too that place you mean a life wizard not a diviner XD
Actually the life quest for Dryad takes them to Sunken City for a wooden chest located near grubb meanwhile for storm i can vouch that they have to go to the Temple and defeat plague oni i think not completely sure as i will not be making a storm since we can only have 6 characters

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
My Balance wizard had the same thing happen to him. At lvl28, I recieved my quest for Judgment, and part of it required going to Chelsea Court. I was in Krokopatra's Dungeon at that time. The wait kills, but the reward is worth it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
As you progress through various wizards, you come to realize that the level 18, 28 and 38 spells need you to advance to a certain place...usually you can reach there by setting aside some side quests (which you can later go back and do).

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
deathlilly333 wrote:

WRONG, dude you get triton at level 38 and ya gotta go to the shirataki temple, i fire though XD my friend had to, and he summoned storm lord and it was soooooo cool,.... WAIT i am getting off topic XD

RyanDragonsword, Level 30 Magus Pyromancer.
Currently working on Mooshu.

Hero
May 02, 2009
It's normal. I had the same problem when I was that level, and again at lv. 48, as I was only in the pyramid of the sun at the time, and I think mooshu for the latter (the latter requires you to go to fight a certain boss in the plaza of conquests, ds). What I did was I finished up the areas I needed to, and once I got to the place I needed to access for my school quest, I did it, then turned it in to falmea (for the latter I got to complete 2 quests at once).

So yeah, it is kinda annoying, but if you wait and take each area one step at a time, then you'll find that the reward was worth it in the end.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Wow, this havent happened to me yet. In the Judgement quest, i needed to go somewhere i had access to long ago. I cant remember completely, but the Judgement quest came when i leveled in the The Ironworks in Marleybone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
There is really nothing unfair about it. All of my wizards have had to deal with the same thing for their spells and so have the wizards of other players. It just makes you more determined to get to the area you need to be in to get it. I for one have never had a friend help me get to a place for a spell quest. It just tells me that I may need to level up a little more before I get there. That spell quest is a challenge and is supposed to be. If you are not ready for the battle to come, then get stronger before you go.

In some cases that spell quest is a SOLO, so don't get discouraged. Just work for it and you will win.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Level 58 Grand Master Pyromancer. ( getting ready for Level 58 spell quest)
Level 52 Grand Master Balance

Survivor
May 02, 2009
The same thing happened to me.I did the same quest and it did not allow me to go to the other island and i went to wizard city and back then it let me.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
its fair, you should be in the krokosphinx by now

it is still fair, but most fire wizards that this applies to will take time in pyramid of sun due to the constant resists