Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Party Search Function

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
For me I enjoy to play with others in wizard101 however it's hard to find people on the same quest unless they are your friends.

I would love to see a function added that allows people to "advertise" the quest they are working on and allow people to join in the team. Other games do this quite well and it is quite effective.

The other side of this option would be a function that allows members to see all the "party searches," how many members are in the party and what level/school the members are with an option to join. If the member would join the team, the leader of the party could either approve or deny the request for the person to join.

The team would follow each other and would be pulled into the same battle but would be limited to 4 members.

Just a thought.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I would agree the ability to search out others with similar needs in quest or whatnot goals would be great... however, sense the game does not seem to support Team effort or sharing of xp... i doubt its a direction they plan to take.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
you can advertise locally in the area of the quests using your emotes , anyone on the same quest would logically be in the same area

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I totally understand what you are asking. Emotes aren't good enough because most of the time people simply ignore them.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Slontoppy wrote:
you can advertise locally in the area of the quests using your emotes , anyone on the same quest would logically be in the same area

The problem is that most of the people who might be interested in grouping with you won't be on the same realm. A party search function that applies across realms can fix this.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
I realize that , and I know it is not the most effective , but it is what we currently have , you can change realms in game as fast as zoneing
and unless your inside an instanced dungeon you stay in the same place on the world map

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This is exactly what I had mentioned a long time back.

Pre-set emotes that are able to be sent to people only on the "Help" list (read my reply to "This is so frustrating!!!" in the Holston's Laboratory forum) would notify them where you are at and what you need help with. It could also notify that you are willing to help them.

The thing about shared XP points and groups... there is no need to change anything. Simply being in a group does not mean you need to get any more or less XP than any group would receive now. Then again, in this game, the point is the quest completion, not the XP.

If seekers/helpers grouped, and were only 3 people, they could leave that spot open for anyone that joins. Also, something I mentioned a while earlier, there can be an option where people can block all incoming teleports by people on their friend list. That way certain quests and fights and such could be kept private, if people so wished.