Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

some peoples kids

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
KI,

Please PLEASE make it against the rules for making a cheating boss cheat on purpose. Last night a group of us were in a battle and this guy Reed Storm came in and made the cheating boss heal fully every chance he got. I finally stop casting any spells until he ran out of cards. Now I can see if you dont know how the boss cheats and accicently cast something wrong... but this guy was laughing and saying he had all night.... Bad form on him. Please KI make it so we can report that type of thing.

ellie

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Cheryl09 wrote:
KI,

Please PLEASE make it against the rules for making a cheating boss cheat on purpose. Last night a group of us were in a battle and this guy Reed Storm came in and made the cheating boss heal fully every chance he got. I finally stop casting any spells until he ran out of cards. Now I can see if you dont know how the boss cheats and accicently cast something wrong... but this guy was laughing and saying he had all night.... Bad form on him. Please KI make it so we can report that type of thing.

ellie

Gotta say that kid is messed up in alot of ways. but i recall something in KI Terms and Conditions that say if someones actions prevents enjoyment of the site it is breaking their rules. so I would think you could report him for it.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You can't report people people for that type of harrasment, the best option I see is for everyone to keep using pacify.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I agree, when i was fighting Thunderfin, some guy came in and kept on using Sandstorm to make Thunderfin use Fire Nova. He was laughing and said he was bored so he wanted to get us killed. He was crazy, just crazy. Something needs to be done about it.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Cheryl09 wrote:
KI,

ellie

man that kid has to be the most immature person ever. either way i dont think KI can do anything about people like him but if they can they should.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
littlemole8 wrote:
I agree, when i was fighting Thunderfin, some guy came in and kept on using Sandstorm to make Thunderfin use Fire Nova. He was laughing and said he was bored so he wanted to get us killed. He was crazy, just crazy. Something needs to be done about it.

I actually do this sometimes...... usaully to teach why low levels shouldnt come to celestia. To show that they should wait so they can hve fun.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Am I the only one who feels PERMANENTLY banning Reed Storm's physical computer from ALL Wizard101 activities is the only disciplinary action acceptable here?

Every PC has unique hardware and software signatures required by the manufacturers of the components installed. It is beyond my understanding why these signatures are not used to police malcontents by isolating and identifying the hardware being used for internet vandalism.

Come on, KI. Lead the industry.

Ban the hardware from which the offending behavior originates and do not allow it back on the site until a responsible adult, with a responsible charge card, has taken responsibility for the hardware in question and is prepared to pay the fines needed to discourage future incidents.

"If you build it, they will come."

Other internet sites would LOVE to use YOUR solution, and PAY for the privledge.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Angelocean wrote:
You can't report people people for that type of harrasment, the best option I see is for everyone to keep using pacify.

Let me be more precise now that i have found the information that i was refering to.

(13) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by the Company, may harm the Company or users of the Site or expose them to liability.

I think that litte action falls under this don't you? The "offender" ruined the parties enjoyment of the wizard101 game part of the site belonging to KI therefore he is breaking the Terms of use. Am I a little more focused in my statement?

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
littlemole8 wrote:

I actually do this sometimes...... usaully to teach why low levels shouldnt come to celestia. To show that they should wait so they can hve fun.
you are mean... i wish i could post in all caps, because that's what you deserve. lower levels just started the game after you, you bully!!! either that or they dont have as much free time. i suggest you be nicer. as for the problem, people like you shouldn't do it. it just makes the game boring, which is saying something! i agree with the first person who started this whole subject on the forum. KI should ban people doing this, by supervising the game. that's what i think.

Sophia Lifecaster, level 13, Theurgist

"Inspirational comment here"

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
robinshine wrote:
littlemole8 wrote:

you are mean... i wish i could post in all caps, because that's what you deserve. lower levels just started the game after you, you bully!!! either that or they dont have as much free time. i suggest you be nicer. as for the problem, people like you shouldn't do it. it just makes the game boring, which is saying something! i agree with the first person who started this whole subject on the forum. KI should ban people doing this, by supervising the game. that's what i think.

hehehe i cant help but laugh. you dont understand. you mess up our battles, constanlty beg us and overall its unfair. we worked hard to get here and you just port. this is why we must get rid of them.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Cheryl09 wrote:
KI,

ellie
I had a problem like this with an adult! I was also fighting the boss and I healed him with a satyr cause he was dead. He gets mad for some reason and uses a big spell after I do more healing to make the boss kill me and my friend.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
The question is, what course of action is available to you when someone joins your duel and deliberately do things that make you lose the duel?

I had a similiar experience in the floating land. I was fighting sea spirits and this girl joined, waited until aonther sea spirit entered the duel then fled. i got defeated. I went back and started another duel and guess who was waiting for me? The same girl! I engaged the sea spirits and she joined again then fled. I was defeated again.

Back to the floating lands and lo and behold the same girl waiting! LMHO ok I was mad at the time but i can't help laughing now. Seriously, what is wrong with people these days?

if you are bored log off and go do something instead of making other people miserable along with you.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
@Nico: When this happens, I switch into another realm (server). Press Esc to change realms. It's like the same game world, except you're now in a different world than the harasser.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
I know right I never have these problems on streets but I do in pvp. Me and my buddy playing and guess what I get a legend fighting with this ranked down lvl 30 ice. Well the legend wasnt that good cause judge followed by my friends weaven killed. Then there ice starts cussing at us round the filter me I do the most allowed and annoying thing I could do. I sang. Sang in caps. Well my friend was yelling at him In return I was the one being yelled at well we win he leaves I turn to my buddy he says " man some of of the immature kids out there. I feel bad for there parents". Well I had to Agree and I didnt report cause he will false report back like 100000 other people.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Hey there are simple answers to all of those situations. Try removing your self from the situation(flee log out and log back on until your in another realm whichever you want).

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
robinshine wrote:
littlemole8 wrote:

hehehe i cant help but laugh. you dont understand. you mess up our battles, constanlty beg us and overall its unfair. we worked hard to get here and you just port. this is why we must get rid of them.

I can't help but agree with her, I understand that its difficult (if not impossible) to withstand a cheating boss and an annoying PERSON (not kid, a person, you don't know if they were a kid or not(and this comment goes to the people assuming that annoying person was a kid)) who keeps making it cheat, but how do you know she (the person who wrote in green, sry forgot your username)even does it? Do you have some mental telepathy? Didn't think so. Do you know her? Nope, probably not. Did you ask her? Again, probably not. So why does it seem like you assume she does it? And last, why do you say "we must get rid of them"? It sounds like you are the person to treat anyone lower leveled than you like a bug, I'm sure they aren't and I'm sure some have wizards your level. Wonder what you would do if you were in their position, and before you say you wouldn't bother people, I bet you would be just like them, but there isn't a problem with low levels or high levels, its the person. So I'm sure their are highlevels who don't cal low levels "noob" or insult them on forums. I think W101 should just put in moderaters looking over the fights, they don't even have to be visible, just someone from KI sitting at their computer and looking in like someone would watch a security camera. Thank you to all who listened (and didn't attack me) to my post(/rant), I understand that it probably wasn't the happiest post you ever read...

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Honestly, I don't even like the title to this thread. It implies that kids in this game are somehow inconvenient or unseemly. This is the same kind of attitude parents encounter irl, when a child acts out in public. Blame the parents, criticize the child, act holier-than-thou, etc., are the assumptions underlying the title and some of the posts in this discussion.

Well, here's what I think:

Wizard 101 is a family game, primarily for children, but made attractive to adults as well. Since the game is meant for children, adult players should expect many of the wizards they encounter to be children, fraught with all of the charming behaviors children are capable of displaying. Really, adults who don't enjoy the children in-game should consider that they are interlopers in the children's virtual playground. It seems to me that the kids in-game are pretty gracious in their acceptance of adults who travel the Great Spiral. They can't help it if the adults who choose to play on their turf are impatient with their childish behavior.

I guess it comes down to this: Be a good role model in-game, realize you're in a child's world, and don't expect children to act like adults.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist and Wizard Mom

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Lol me and Reed Storm used to pvp. He was always a little crazy! :P

Once he still used Storm Lord even when he had Beguile on him. We told him to pass, but he didnt listen. Sometimes they need to do it to learn, then they get it!