Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the Balance School in Krokotopia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Story wise it is because the magic is based out of kroktopia not in wizrd city that is balance is as much a school as it is a combination of the 3 elemnental schools

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Me to people say because there is'nt enough room in .Ravenwood they can make room right thats my opinion

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
I see what your saying. but everytime i want to look or get Balance cards it takes me forever! but yea Ravenwood is not sandy like krokatopia but Ravenwood is not like ice alll snowy and icey so why cant i have my own world? see what i mean

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
I think that it's unfair that the Balance School's in Krokotopia. It's unfair to people who don't have enough crowns or can't afford a subscription. I'M SO MAD!! It gives an unfair advantage to other schools because they are all in Ravenwood, a free area (Except for Nightside, but it's free, too.) Wizard101 should fix this. It's so rude to Balance wizards!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sparky133732 wrote:
I think that it's unfair that the Balance School's in Krokotopia. It's unfair to people who don't have enough crowns or can't afford a subscription. I'M SO MAD!! It gives an unfair advantage to other schools because they are all in Ravenwood, a free area (Except for Nightside, but it's free, too.) Wizard101 should fix this. It's so rude to Balance wizards!

Ummm, there is a Balance teacher in Ravenwood that will teach you spells until you can reach the school proper along the main story questline.

Are you saying you are leveling in WC past the point you should be in Krok?

As far as monies, it costs less for enough crowns to reach Krok than it does for me to go out and see a movie (with popcorn and a drink) at my local movie theater. And on top of that, the movie would give me what, say, 2 hours of entertainment, while Krok offers much more than that.

You confuse me greatly with complaining about your personally set priorities.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
That's because that is were the Balance school arigenated(not sure if I spelled this right.) from.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
theres actually a really good reasoning behind the whole balance school on the wizard101central.com website under the title of "understanding balance" by MLHagan. it is a long thread that is always expanding but it explains a LOT about the school of balance and mostly why the school is located in krockotopia. after reading it the whole story made sense to me. so look it up.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
In fact, if you still remember the 'Enrollment' quest in Wizard City, Arthur says that he studied in Krokotopia. This links to the spells!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
sparky133732 wrote:
As you may already know, the Balance School is in Krokotopia. I keep asking myself: why's this? Shouldn't the teacher be in Wizard City? I mean, Arthur teaches you until lv.22, but why in Krokotopia? I can understand Nightside, but KROKOTOPIA? C'mon.

If anybody has a reasonable answer, let me know?

Elijah SwiftBlood, Pyromancer
Maybe it's because the spell Sandstorm is balance and in Krokotopia there are lots of Sandstorms. Who knows I mean who has this in there head