Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
First off, I'm going to complain just a little bit. Sorry, but its gonna happen.
I LOVE Balance, who doesn't? Well except for the sore losers in PVP. But, I have a Balance wizard. And, if I may say so myself, he's pretty good :). But, the thing is that Balance is the only school without a shield. Most people result into going to "Tower Shield." Why, can't we have a Balance shield. We just got "Unbalance." I think we should get a Balance Shield.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
First off, I'm going to complain just a little bit. Sorry, but its gonna happen.
I LOVE Balance, who doesn't? Well except for the sore losers in PVP. But, I have a Balance wizard. And, if I may say so myself, he's pretty good :). But, the thing is that Balance is the only school without a shield. Most people result into going to "Tower Shield." Why, can't we have a Balance shield. We just got "Unbalance." I think we should get a Balance Shield.

That would mean everyone else would have access to a Balance shield...and our attacks would get muted. One of the awesome things about Balance is that there are no balance shields (fall down on your knees thankful).

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
That is the point. it makes it unbalanced during pvp since there is no balance shield. I would love to have a blance shield!

Also Balance has a healing spell :) You just need to find the trainer. Hint, they're found in wizard city inside a house and not near Ravenwood.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Balance already is bad enough. Low beginner attacks, and low boosts. A Balance shield would make the huge imbalance. Sure, Balance in PvP is awesome, but if there was a Balance shield, wouldn't Balance be the weakest? No school is the strongest or weakest.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
As I have a balance wizard, even I believe we should have a shield. I also wish we had a prism. One that converts to the spirit side. not elemental. Balance is hard to fight against. Yes it is great to be a balance wizard fighting anyone else except for another balance enemy. We could use both the shield and the prism.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Not only will other people have access to the Balance shield, but so will the monsters. It's hard enough fighting Balance monsters without a Balance shield or a Balance Prism, especially when you're starting out, but if Balance monsters could protect themselves with Balance shields, it would be that much worse.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I keep wondering about the shield for balance, but have decided it isn't a good idea.

There may not be a shield for balance, but there also aren't +35% blades and +25% traps for balance. Sure you can cast balance blade +25% or hex +30% but those also force the caster to stop doing damage until the right spell is ready, unlike other schools which have a choice to use other wands or spells while getting the spells all set. That cumulative damage is decent.

Also, balance can not be super boosted by the elemental and spirit trap spells or the elemental and spirit blade spells. Any other caster who has those up can overload just about any shield a wizard has up. Balance wizards can't do that.

I hear that people want a shield for balance, but the way spells are at the moment, I think it would really strip the damage capabilities of balance, making the balance caster only good for buffing other wizards...and while that is fun, who wants to be locked into that role?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Sure, lets have a balance shield, and lets weaken Judge, its already one of the lowest attacks per pip, but lets lower it more, and lets take away the shields that they have against other schools. Lets alienate 1/7 of the subscribers of Wizard 101, by destroying what little balance wizards get. Balance has just a few attacks and some of the weakest ones, weakest shields, weakest blade, etc.

Each school has advantages and disadvantages. Balance does not have any unfair advantage. And here is a thought for all the whiners out there...if you are saying balance is so much better...than make a balance wizard and play that...nobody is stopping you from playing any school you want.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have a Balance wizard that is at level 52. Granted, some of the spells are weaker, but Balance is fairly well balanced as it is. You have to remember as some of the others have posted, that for every change for the wizard, the same change is going to be made for the enemy. And we do now have the Unbalance so we don't need to start changing or adding something that could do more harm to us.

And yes, I know how hard it is to fight against your own school, and I believe that is why KI gave us the option for a secondary school for our wizards.

As for healing, Balance gets the same healing spell that all wizards get as new wizards. And we also get "Helping Hands" which can be used on yourself or a team mate. If you are wanting more heals, then take Life school as your secondary. That is what I did with my balance wizard so that if needed, my wizard can heal another. (which I enjoy) I don't want my team mates to die in battle and especially if they are fighting to help my wizard. We are a TEAM and we work together to accomplish the goal.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Grand Master Pyromancer (almost Legendary)
Grand Master Balance (level 52)