Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheating bosses and their rules

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
EDIT: sorry guys, I missed the clue part where the boss gives a hint in his opening statement There arent really that many cheating bosses anyway, and i was just being lazy cya in the spiral!

Hello, I just wanted to give my opinion on some of the cheating bosses.

I think that you should know the rules you have to follow in order to beat the cheating bosses BEFORE you face them. Because i have been left in the dark once or twice about their rules, and i got clobbered. :-( They should change that.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I know one it is in the grotto I think. I will add you if you go to cl base camp and tell me witch realm so I can help you. I beaten cl :D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
When someone cheats you're not technically supposed to know they're cheating. But if you forget if a boss cheats or not just ask other people fighting.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Nicitas wrote:

I think that you should know the rules you have to follow in order to beat the cheating bosses BEFORE you face them. Because i have been left in the dark once or twice about their rules, and i got clobbered. :-( They should change that.

Actually they do tell you how they are gonna cheat. All bosses as you meet them in Celestia will give an opening statement. It's almost always a riddle though so you need to know how to interpret it. You need to read what the boss says and they will tell you, dont just go and skip it.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
Ya it gets really anoyying when bosses cheat like in briskbreeze tower.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Heres an example of that cheating riddle thing arlong was talking about. The second boss in trial of the spheres cheats by putting up sheilds and taking them down when someone puts up a Charm (a blade, or anything like guiding light), and then replaces them if a charm is spent. Before you fight him he sais "has anyone told you that you are not as charming as you think?" that sort of thing happens with most of the cheating bosses.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Nicitas wrote:

I didn't know there were rules what are they?

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
Arlong wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

Actually they do tell you how they are gonna cheat. All bosses as you meet them in Celestia will give an opening statement. It's almost always a riddle though so you need to know how to interpret it. You need to read what the boss says and they will tell you, dont just go and skip it.

Thunderfin in StormRiven says "Big spells... Boring!"
Hinting you shouldn't use big spells, like over three pip ones

Then Cuthalla says "Try to chip away at my life. You will accomplish nothing!"
Hinting you shouldn't boost or use spells that would only chip him.

Noah Thundercloud

Level 54 pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Nicitas wrote:

I think that you should know the rules you have to follow in order to beat the cheating bosses BEFORE you face them. Because i have been left in the dark once or twice about their rules, and i got clobbered. :( They should change that.

Part of the fun of playing these games are figuring out how to beat different bosses, so if they told you how to defeat them then there would be no challenge to the game, which is why most of os play the game in the first place.

SO there is two choices you have

1. get over it and figure out how to defeat the bosses

2. stop whinning and stop playing this game and go to one of the other MMO's that hand everything to you.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
boominn wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

I think that you should know the rules you have to follow in order to beat the cheating bosses BEFORE you face them. Because i have been left in the dark once or twice about their rules, and i got clobbered. :( They should change that.

Part of the fun of playing these games are figuring out how to beat different bosses, so if they told you how to defeat them then there would be no challenge to the game, which is why most of os play the game in the first place.

SO there is two choices you have

1. get over it and figure out how to defeat the bosses

2. stop whinning and stop playing this game and go to one of the other MMO's that hand everything to you.

First of all, i'm not whining. I hate whiners. I was giving an opinion, i was not demanding anything it was just a suggestion. And 2, This is the only MMO game i have ever succeded at. Any other MMO i played, I git defeated in about 5 min.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Well sounds like MMO games is NOT what you should be playing then. If I was you I would be trying to play a different type of game, maybe one that tells you how to defeat all the monsters you battle instead of one that you have to figure out how to.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
boominn wrote:
Well sounds like MMO games is NOT what you should be playing then. If I was you I would be trying to play a different type of game, maybe one that tells you how to defeat all the monsters you battle instead of one that you have to figure out how to.
Ty for the advice, but i like trying to figure out stuff... :D

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
boominn wrote:

You just missed the point of my last post. If you DONT want to figure things out then you shouldnt be playing MMO's because that if part of the fun of playing them, that is why I suggested that you play another type of game.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Nicitas wrote:

Hi! Okay. There are many ways to do so. One: look up on youtube. 2: Always bring friends with you so you dont die. 3: They might be cheating to you but they are acutally making you stronger.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
boominn wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
boominn wrote:

You just missed the point of my last post. If you DONT want to figure things out then you shouldnt be playing MMO's because that if part of the fun of playing them, that is why I suggested that you play another type of game.
oh now i see what you are trying to say! Ty very much for your advice, and enjoy wizard 101!

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer