Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating an enemy npc in a duel and still ending

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
The subject is sort of oddly worded, but I was having trouble thinking of how to describe this. I was in Marleybone fighting two of the rat type npcs. I forget which one specifically. Anyway, I defeated one of them. I still had plenty of health left.

The very next round, the game hesitated for quite a while. I continued fighting the second opponent. It was almost as if the previously defeated npc was still in the game, but he was invisible. I couldn't see any spell effects from that defeated npc.

Next thing I know, I'm back in Regent Square soundly defeated. Never once did my health show zero on my screen. I am guessing this is a bug.

Anyone else have this happen?

Administrator
The 'Dying without Trying' post may be your answer.

If you ran out of cards, you are automatically defeated, regardless of your health status.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The 'Dying without Trying' post may be your answer.

If you ran out of cards, you are automatically defeated, regardless of your health status.

I don't about their issue, but I have been steamed many times when the Battle won't end even when the other side is beaten. In one sorely-remembered moment in Krokotopia, of example, I had beaten a pair of Sentries (those crocodile-guards in Royal Hall), but the battle would not end! After (and I counted them) a full twelve times of being forced to pick Spells and pay Mana, despite me being the only one in the Battle Circle, I got fed up, and hit the Flee button.

This hideous glitch doesn't happen all the time or even in the same place; but when it does, you might as well Flee, since the game - in a seeming desire to outright cheat against you - will never allow the Battle to end until you die, Flee, or otherwise get kicked out of the Battle.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I want swear to it, but I'm about 99.9% sure I did not run out of cards. I have about 40 in my spell book. I was still casting spells when all of a sudden I was booted back to Regent Square in a defeated state.