Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WatchTower Hall

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
About a minute ago i bought the Watchtower Hall recipe from Grizzleheim. The only problem that i will have is not getting the regeants to craft but having to wait for the slots to cool down. If you ask me having to wait for slots to cooldown is a waste of time when you are crafting.

If you have know of any ways to craft this house faster, i would like to hear from you. I will post my progress in a few days.

Thanks

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Use Multiple Wizards.

That house was not meant to be crafted overnight. It took me a little over a week using 4 wizards. Fortunately, one was a Life wizard and was able to craft the Nature's Wrath cards. I used her to Craft the grassy mounds. My lower level artisan I used to craft the wooden planks and stepping stones. The other two were also Master Artisans so helped out in the making of the other ingredients.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
I know it is something that is not meant to be crafted overnight and i like the idea of using more than one wizard to craft. The problem for me is that the only wizards i have are a rank 8 ice and a rank 50 fire and i dont think a rank 8 can help me.

So far since i started yesterday, i have only finished the stack of wood planks. Now i am working on the carved stone tower and now a problem is having money to buy reagents.

Have anymore ideas?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Well, my suggestions might seem pretty obvious but here goes:

Don't buy any reagents that you can harvest in the Spiral. This is just a waste of gold you'll need for recipes. Find good routes by searching the Crafting Forums for tips.

Battle as you are traveling to harvest, you'll get drops of stuff to sell -- more gold and possibly reagents.

Enlist friends who craft to assist with needed treasure cards, like the Blizzards and Nature's Wrath. Trading is much cheaper (!) than buying them.

Work on multiple ingredients at the same time if you can. Collect reagents where you can pick up three different types in the same run (the Necropolis -- Deep Mushrooms, Nightshade, Stone Blocks, Fossils, Lava Lillies, and Fire Blossoms.

It might take you a while since you really only have the one wizard working on it, but it can be done - Good Luck!

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
I see what you mean Willow Dreamer, but that doesnt work very well when you are crafting higher lvl items like a house.

For this house you need to craft a number of a few different house items to craft it. The Carved Stone Tower, for example, has to have 60 bronze gear to craft 1 and you have to craft 4 of them for the house. It isnt exactly easy to get that much of it without buying it and when you add it up, it isnt cheap.

There are a lot of reagents that are very hard to find and are cheap. Yet some are easy to find and expensive because you will have to get a large amount.

My progress update: Finished Wood Planks and starting Carved Stone Tower.

I am still open for suggestions. - Thanks

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Level Multiple wizards to 40. save all reagents. This will get you most of the supplies and you would have done more with your time.

Hero
May 27, 2009
legoboy3 wrote:
I see what you mean Willow Dreamer, but that doesnt work very well when you are crafting higher lvl items like a house.

For this house you need to craft a number of a few different house items to craft it. The Carved Stone Tower, for example, has to have 60 bronze gear to craft 1 and you have to craft 4 of them for the house. It isnt exactly easy to get that much of it without buying it and when you add it up, it isnt cheap.

There are a lot of reagents that are very hard to find and are cheap. Yet some are easy to find and expensive because you will have to get a large amount.

My progress update: Finished Wood Planks and starting Carved Stone Tower.

I am still open for suggestions. - Thanks

Well, since I did in fact craft this house exactly the way I suggested, I don't see what your problem with my advice is. The Bronze Gears are often in the Bazaar in good numbers (especially weekends when the place is very busy) Buy them in bunches of 10 or so, when you have the gold, to build up your stockpile. This is why you need to battle enemies as well as collect reagents. NO harvestable reagents are that hard to find (even Red Mandrake is now rewarded by a fairly easy to grow garden plant) if you use instance levels/dungeons -- Counterweights for Scrap Iron, Tree of Life for Black Lotus, etc. While you are running the dungeon, stop and battle a couple mobs or a boss.

No, this house is not cheap, nor does it only require easy to find items as its ingredients. You are NOT going to get it done in a day. When you are finally done with it, you will feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
I could be done making the house by the time i get 3 or 4 wizards to lvl 40. Besides who has the time anyway?

Better suggestions?

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
ok, again, i know it is not meant to be crafted in a day and i like a lot of suggestions that i have seen. I just made this topic to try to get suggestions from people that work with what i have, 1 wizard. THe siggestion to use more than one wizard doesnt work for me.

Any suggestions i can try with only one wizard?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I am using only one wizard to craft this house, too.

All you can do to make it go faster is maximize your time by crafting some things while gathering ingredients for others.

My suggestion: Wood Planks have the easiest/least expensive recipe. Craft these while you gather Ore, Nightshade, and Ectoplasm for the Ornamental Stone Steps.

Then start gathering the Deep Mushrooms, Water Lilies, and Parchment for the Grassy Mounds. Hopefully by this time you should have your Wood Planks all crafted.

So while you finish gathering stuff for Grassy Mounds, you can start crafting the Ornamental Stone Steps. As soon as you have everything you need for the Grassy Mounds, start gathering the Diamonds, Bronze Gears, Stone Blocks, and Scrap Iron for the Carved Stone Towers.

By this point you should be able to start crafting your Grassy Mounds. Meanwhile, finish gathering what you need for the Carved Stone Towers, and start gathering the Mistwood, Scrap Iron, Frost Flowers, and Bronze Gears for the Wooden Water Tower.

By the time your Grassy Mounds are done, you can craft your water towers while you gather the Ore, Water Lilies, Frost Flowers, and Bronze Gears for the two Water Fountains. And by the time the slots are cooled from the water towers, you should be ready to craft your fountains and you're good to go.

I'm taking a much more relaxed approach myself. I'm just taking it one item at a time. I got my Water Fountains finished in two nights. I've spent the past week on my Water Towers and, after a little bit more scrap iron, I'll be done with those. Then I'll probably start on the carved stone towers. I might actually follow my own advice and start on Wood Planks, too. ;)

Be patient and Good Luck!

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Well i dont know why you can use other wizards. If its because you already have them then ok, you can sue the reagents on them? I have never looked to closely at the watchtower hall because i am sick of crafting from getting about 50 golden pearls and 60 black pearls..... Anyway have patience. A good place for black lotus is the floating land. In cl.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
Spiritshadow: I wasn't sure if you were asking why some people aren't using more than one wizard, or why they are using more than one wizard, but I was intrigued either way.

Using multiple wizards to craft this house only makes sense if you already divide your playing time between multiple wizards anyway, and can share the reagents you collect while questing with your other wizards. And, if your other wizards are already able to craft some of the items you need, it gives you extra crafting slots to use.

I'm only using one wizard because I have no others beyond level 8, so rather than pouring my time into other wizards to level them and get their crafting badges, it makes more sense to just focus on using all my playing time on my wizard that is crafting this house. :)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Craft the items with the shortest cool down first.

Use the wizard101central.com site for reagent locations.

You could have used your noob to craft the Wooden Planks, its a Wizard City recipe.

It should not be that difficult for you to get your low level character past the Krokotopia crafting badge using the Shared Bank and a friend, heck, even a stranger. Once to get the quest, the second to hand it in. The reagents can be bought on your main character and put in the shared bank.

The Marleybone crafting badge gets a bit hairier with the Scrap Iron.

I have a Level 8 Myth that has started the Master Artisan quest, using just about the method. I, or rather, we, have two accounts in the family plan. At the moment I'm stuck on Black Lotus, my old favorite place isn't working any more.

But like the others said, Watch Tower Hall was never meant to be easy, this is some serious work, I spent a lot of time gathering reagents. Again, use the central website for hints on where to find reagents.

There has been a change in reagent in pricing too since the time when I made the Watchtower Hall, the price on reagents at the Bazaar really shoots up when the quantities become small.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
Edited reply:

Ok, I had posted that you couldn't buy the wood planks recipe as a first-level crafter, but I was wrong. I was looking under the wrong tab. It's under the decoration tab rather than the outdoor tab. :)

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
I like the idea for gathering reagents for one item while you are crafting another, but i get all the reagents that are cheap and easy to get. Then get the harders ones to find. Not the best way to craft the house, but it is what i am doing.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I crafted all my items to make the house before I even bought the recipe. Collect things on "off" times if you can. I would get online late at night and knew spawn sites for every reagent I needed. Buy transmute recipes for the harder reagents. COOL DOWN time should not really be an issue- You will not have all the items at once to make everything at once anyways- I made all my wood planks FIRST. When I had enough reagents to make one wood plank, I made one- then collected more.. So cool down should be no issue- I didn't have one. I also only used 1 wizard to make my house. No need using more than one? I don't understand that but it could be faster?? It took me 3 weeks total to build this house. I even had to finish up my last 2 crafting quests before I could even get the recipe! Trust me, it might seem like it will never end but give it 3 weeks and you will be surprised. Might take you a lot less time than me even. I'll be happy to help you with locations of spawn sites for reagents if you need them.. Good luck :)

Watchtower Hall crafter

Survivor
May 13, 2010
well , ain't that a fine how doya do? finally got all componets crafted to craft Watchtower Hall , but crafting tables i bought not working . So where to craft it? took a long time , like nearly a year to craft all the stuff for it HELP !

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Well, just do some farming, and usually the Bazaar's got what you need. It doesn't have many crafted furniture items, but plenty of stuff in there is relatively cheap and helpful.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Whisdom wrote:
well , ain't that a fine how doya do? finally got all componets crafted to craft Watchtower Hall , but crafting tables i bought not working . So where to craft it? took a long time , like nearly a year to craft all the stuff for it HELP !

You craft it on the grizzleheim crafting station which is Northguard. Its the big glowing anvil in the room over by Imric Gloomlight.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
legoboy3 wrote:
I know it is something that is not meant to be crafted overnight and i like the idea of using more than one wizard to craft. The problem for me is that the only wizards i have are a rank 8 ice and a rank 50 fire and i dont think a rank 8 can help me.

So far since i started yesterday, i have only finished the stack of wood planks. Now i am working on the carved stone tower and now a problem is having money to buy reagents.

Have anymore ideas?
Well dont buy them you can find them or craft them with regents you have no use for

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Community Leader
5lildogs wrote:
can someone please tell me what level you have to be to buy watchtower hall

Master artisan.