Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the Legend Gear on the Auction block??

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 02, 2010
Seems even after all the complaints the legend gear(a.k.a level 58 gear)
is back on the Auction block. I fully agree with removing the no trade, but the no Auction clause needs to remain at least until the next world comes out.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I somewhat disagree, because I think that there are better sets of gear than the "Trial of Spheres" Legend Gear. I am Legendary, and (1) I feel that it would be cheap to buy these items rather than earn them, and (2) I haven't bought them also, because I don't see what is so spectacular about them. If they boosted YOUR school's Crit chance, rather than ALL schools (why?) I may be persuaded. But for now, I am sticking with my Power Pips, Balance defense (those Judges can get nasty!) and massive Health boosts. Call me crazy, but my Legendary still uses his Malistaire robe, and has not switched robes since he earned it. I think Malistaire's robe is the best for any wizard, Grandmaster or Legendary.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I disagree.

Many people have limited time to play. The difficulty level in Celestia means many people need to quest in groups adding extra angst to getting the gear. I hope KI continues this in the future. Why should having good gear depend on luck or having hours upon hours to farm? My friends and I fought for hours over many nights to get one piece of our grand gear. At that time we all had the time to do it, now we don't. The way it is now, people who want to farm can. People who don't can buy it.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Megan

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps they plan on releasing lvl 60 gear that wont be? Either way, I don't mind.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
There is crafting gear and i think that the crafting gear is much better than the stuff you buy. Though i bought the sun circle and other things for storm.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I somewhat disagree, because I think that there are better sets of gear than the "Trial of Spheres" Legend Gear. I am Legendary, and (1) I feel that it would be cheap to buy these items rather than earn them, and (2) I haven't bought them also, because I don't see what is so spectacular about them. If they boosted YOUR school's Crit chance, rather than ALL schools (why?) I may be persuaded. But for now, I am sticking with my Power Pips, Balance defense (those Judges can get nasty!) and massive Health boosts. Call me crazy, but my Legendary still uses his Malistaire robe, and has not switched robes since he earned it. I think Malistaire's robe is the best for any wizard, Grandmaster or Legendary.

So I'm not the only Legendary who wears Malistaire's robes! I agree with your assessment that the higher level robes don't give any better stats than the grandmaster robes. I don't plan to exchange my balance grandmaster robe anytime soon, either.

I do like the stats in the level 58 hat, boots, rings, etc. The Rod of Rapture is awesome! But the robes have been a disappointment.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist
Rowan Earthsong, Sorceress

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
All 58 gear is now in the bazaar, not just Myth.