Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 1-7-11

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Taktuk wrote:
If I could change one thing? The corporate philosophy would be changed to one more along the lines of encouraging repeat customers and improving player experiences.

There are a few things I would put in for both paying and free players, such as the ability to purchase worlds as a whole without having to reach each area separately, and a basic bestiary of sorts, that would list monsters encountered, School, location, and hit points. This would encourage greater exploration and discussion.

Items that restored partial Energy would be rather nice, even if they were boss drops or something, but ideally they would be paid for with in-game gold.

Consumables similar to the elixirs that are currently extant would be rather useful.

Money is needed to develop new areas, pay staff, and cover the cost of the game. I am not saying the game would be entirely free, but as I said before, money grabs of the petty and constant sort that are done currently need to stop. It would be far kinder to sell account-specific add-ons for Crowns that would reduce frustration.

With this end in mind, I would propose the following add-ons:

- The ability to see the traits a Pet will have once it is hatched, rather than as it levels, allowing for less frustrating Pet cross-breeding.

- More detail to the suggested in-game bestiary, listing drops received on a per-character basis. For additional crowns, the ability to "compare notes" with a selected Friend a few times a day.

- Permanent energy boosts on a per-account basis.

- Additional character slots for trying different combinations of primary and secondary schools.

- Character points allowing for a permanent, if modest stat increase, allowing less skilled wizards to be useful in combat, and have more fun without stressing more goal-oriented players.

- A greater variety of cosmetic enhancements for homes and gardens.

On a smaller scale, I was hoping there could be more premium items for the new world. and reflecting the higher energy requirements of Gardening. Also, the Beastmaster set needs an Athame and a Ring.

Ok, some of these Ideas are really good! Not sure if KI could incorperate them, but I hope they give some of them a try.

Allowing a person to see the pets talents, for a price, before you train, is an excellent idea. Or allow, for a price the ability to change/trade one of a pets talents that the player does not like. Pay a price, and randomly get a different talent that the pet may have gotten. Since there are 10 slots!

This would be very hard for KI, but I do agree, I think a difficulty level should be allowed. I am a Great Player and not much challenges me, I would love to have a setting for More Difficult! And for those that are new or not very good, a setting of beginner or basic that allows the user a very easy time. Yes, I understand that is what different worlds are for, as you progress, the game is supposed to be more challenging. However, as with Celestia, I loved when it was first released, but a lot of complaining and a lot of things have changed to make it Easier!

Cosmetic Enhancements is another great idea, for pets, wands, gear, and homes. Allow us to Stitch anything and change anything to the colors we want!

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
I don't know if these are possible but a couple of things I'd love to see are:

1. The ability to have a bulletin board or some kind of menu chat box that you can post a message to that all of your friends would see when you are logged in.
Say you need help with a dungeon or to beat a particular boss then you could post that from a menu chat type interface and everyone would see it and possibly want to help.
Maybe there could be stations near the entrance to each world, sort of like an atm looking machine that you can check by pressing X to see who is asking for help on your friend list. Or it could be a separate menu chat box that you can scroll through your friends bulletins with.

There have been times when I really needed help but I hate to be a pest and bother all of my friends like I'm begging! This system would make it possible for your friends to decide if they would like to help or not!

2. A Salon would be great! I would love to be able to change my wizard's hairstyle once in awhile. Even being able to get it dyed would be great! Also, I think it would be fun if there were some girly hair accessories created that girl wizards could wear in their hair instead of hats, they would still be like a hat with stats and everything... just prettier :)

To kind of go along with this I would love to be able to actually wear (and see) the rings, anthames, and amulets that my wizard has equipped!

That's all for now!

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
There are many things that i would like to change to make Wizard 101 better. If i can only pick one i would pick:
More clothing customization, such as more color combos, designs etc.

If possible id like to see:
New world, Level cap and Spells
New plants
Needing to craft only 1 item to craft but having 3 quests per quest giver

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I have only thought of a few things that could be added to this game, it is already the best game I can think of but, I would love to: #1 stitch wands, #2 be able to change hair and/or names, #3 have house gaurdians that players have to fight before they can get to your house(the higher level of the player, the harder the boss.) Thank You for this wonderful game and for your time.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
One new thing that I would add to Wizard101 this year? New quests in Grizzleheim for high level wizards (maybe level 50 or 60 or something in between). Those two unused gates in Nidavellir could be involved. Also there are lots of unused characters in GH like Grumlik, Kojan Greyhammer or Drogan Clayfingers - let them give quests for legendary wizards.

Some other ideas that I've found in this treat and that I really endorse:

1. Level cap raised.

2. Furniture that spawn reagents (I know some plants gives reagents, but I'm not much into gardening - I like to have a freedom of not playing for several days/weeks in a row).

3. School mounts that one receives as high level quest reward. Even better if they were NOT mere copies of spell/pets but something new (Flying Carpet for Balance Wizards for example).

4. Background music in house (I really would like to have Grizzleheim music in my Dragon's Fjord)

Survivor
May 11, 2010
I think it'd be cool if there was a world that was all Myth. As for my brother he thinks there should be a new set of spells in all the schools that you can use Training Points in.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
well what i think would be cool is if when you turn lvl 58 and unlock the legendary spell card you should get the legendary pet of your school... like say if your storm and you unlock the leviathan then you should get the same monster as your new legendary pet... or fire would get efreet as their new pet... and so on and so forth... that would be amazing to have and i have talked to other people on the game about it and they all agree that it would an awsome addition to the game... well thats what i would like to be added this year to the game

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Professor Falmea thank you so much for the opportunities you provide to talk directly to you. It is very nice.

I would love a button to go to the Bazaar. Before we log off my friends and I go to the Bazaar to sell off stuff and get things we need. A button to go directly there would be awesome.

Megan

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
i think there should be games for mounts and stuff make them faster :D

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I think the leveling system needs an overhaul. "Leveling Up" really only means you will get a (possible) training point and more health and mana. I think you should start to incorporate "stats" being able to level up also. Maybe when the next world gets released? As in, after level 60, when you level up you also get like say 2 stat points to spend and you can spend those on either damage, accuracy, resist, critical and so on. I think this adds more depth into character development and also makes you not so much of a clone. It seems everyone at level 60 has the same exact stats, which doesn't add much depth in the characters.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Proffessor Falmea,
Just one thing? Well, the ability to put treasure cards in the shared bank would probably be the one thing I can think of that would be the most helpful, to the most wizards, all at once. :)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Besides the obvious, new worlds, my 11 year old son (Travis) had a great idea. He said that when a wizard is at MAX (like some of us are before we finish a world) we should get the xp in gold. This would be very helpful when we have to purchase reagents, snacks and seeds for crafting, pet leveling and gardening which is a good way to use the time between new worlds so we do not lose interest and go find a new game to play.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I loved reading all of these posts! So many wizards have great ideas. Plant breeding would be neat along with having mounts play in the yard. Having music in the home would be awesome too! One thing I can add to the list is a server or two for non-menu chat people. Thanks KI!!

Ellie

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, what I would like to see added to the game. I love pets! Pets to me, was one of the best additions of last year. The new celestia pets are so awesome, they have no bad talents, however they don't give cards like the rest of the pets.

Anyhow, my idea is this. I think that you should be able to buy more talents with arena tickets. I think they should have an unlock new talent, since each pet only uses 4 talents and there are 10, you can make each ticket cost more until all talents are unlocked. That way, nobody will complain if they get a few of the Passive Talents, because they can still get the Active helping talents!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
well what i would do is fix this small problem me and my friends have been having.Well one time my internet connection went down for about 5 minutes and i got it back but when it went down i was in a dungeon.So when i looged back on and tried to port back to the person who went in with me it said the dungeon was full when there was only 2 people in there :( plz fix this problem

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
another thing i would do is let people with subsriptions save up on crowns.what i mean is et them have an allowance of let's say 100 crowns a day and let them save up for stuff instead of repeatedly buying crowns and it will be another benefit of buying membership

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I LOVE this thread!

This is my nephew's idea, I am not REALLY posting twice ... lol.

He wants a difficulty slider, a way to keep Wizard City and other realms challenging to the more advanced wizards. From a re-playability aspect, I think he has something here. The idea of that Fairy Queen Boss casting a 7 pip spell gives me the shudders ...

I'd pay to see it ;)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
There isnt much that i can complain about... i love this game i've been playing it for a year :-) but i figured more options with the appearance of characters, housing items, and wands. When you start the game you only have a limited option of appearances if you want green eyes for instance you look really angry. So why not allow us to choose the expression and then the eye color? I'm sure its possible for you did something like that for the hair and clothing.

On the housing i'm sure its possible that you could change the furniture colors at a dye shop or something and allow us to sit down on furniture, its pretty awkward to just stand around when you can sit on a chair... You should also make it so that you can interact with the furniture more, such as the fireplaces or piano... just press X and the furniture comes alive! :D (i really don't know how much of this is possible...)

And iv'e seen the matter of wand appearances come up before so i'm just going to mention it again, is it possible for you to be able to let us combine our wands? I want my wand to look more natural because im a life wizard but i cant find one with good stats

Thats all i have to say for now :) But i believe more interactive housing furniture would be amazing! ( I've been pondering that idea for a while :) )
Anyways i hope you consider my ideas! Thanks for taking the time to read all our ideas!

Emily Drake lvl 36 Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I'd like a new way to train my pet(s) - whether a new game or two, or (preferably) a little experience each time I play the other minigames. While I like the occasional fairground game, I dread the pet training games!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Hi Wizard101 Community, i have some ideas i would like to say, first,

1: A new world would be nice, i have seen that in the comments, but i am acctually gonna say what the world is like. It would be the giant world! The streets wold be made of clouds and most the beast would be ice, unlocked at level 50, the storline is the dragons, tritons, and giants are rising from there slumber they start remembering there past and start going back to war so you go to this world then it goes to celestia where the tritons are preparing for the war, then dragonspyre where you fight a mighty dragon and you stop the war.

2: A new school, this school would be light and there would also be dark, dark's starting spell would be panther, light's first would be light beetle, good idea huh?

3:A new storyline would be cool. this one would be about bartlby weakening, new forces see the oppertunity and prepare for an attack so big it would end all of wizard city maybe even the spiral. You go to where they are preparing, all the world's armys have now understood the threat and help you, you travel to this new world an take out the army why bartlby heals.

Matthew Goldthief
Level 42 FIRE school

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I am sorry for posting again, but a few people mentioned the idea of school mounts and I love that idea! I think the mounts should be from school quests, not bought. I also think a new world with new spells would be great. Thank You!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
If I could add one system feature to the game, it would be Enchanting of clothes from drops or crafted gear using Treasure Cards (dropped, crafted, or bought).

If it was a Play Area / Tower, I would say the Briskbreeze Tower's secondary tower in KT, OR Barkingham Palace in MB

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
I read some great wishes. :D

Hmmm, my wishing wand would:

- give me a 7th character
- share gold and treasure cards with my other characters
- spawn reagents faster, crafting lvl 50+ items is very time consuming and costly
- crafted items have better benefits, reflecting the effort that goes into creating them
- pets leveling with the character, and quests to help them level faster
- Mega Snacks cheaper (drop a zero :D)
- better character skills as the character levels (pips and accuracy)
- if coding possible one new world a year (with 7 characters to play with )
- gift certificates having the same bonuses as gift cards or better (you don't have to share your gold )

Wow, the wishing wand is getting a workout.

Wizard 101 is a good product, and I would like to see continue to improve and grow. THANK YOU!!!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
1. a wand we can use for the second hand
2. lvl 60 gear
3. lvl 11 planting (aka:legendary gardener)
4. knowing how to get pixies or how they appear
5. a boss that drops amazingly good gear but its so strong that we can fight with 6 people at the same time
6. ultimate wands (damages 150 +2 power pips critical +50)
7. school pets lvl 58 (rank 8 cards)
8. cl houses
9. battle morgithine
10. style changer
11. critical hit chance improves as lvl
12. critical block chance improves as lvl
13. new world
14. lvl 70 :-)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
I would say in 2011 there should definitely be another new world. I just finished Celestia on my Life and I have to say it was my absolute favorite of all the worlds. It was such a creative idea that fit perfectly with the game. I don't have any more quests to do on that character though so you should definitely add another new world and increase the level cap :)