Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 1-7-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Hi,

I love this game :)

But change is always good, so If you could, I would make these additions:

- While wizards belong to schools, why should enemies be? Can you create some enemies that can cast spells from any school, even if they resist to one school? They are too predictable right now.
- Can you add a waiting board like PvP matches for some difficult towers? For example, people can sign up for battles against Malistaire or Briskbreeze, and be automatically ported when the team forms. Waiting in front of these towers for players to show up is not much fun.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
The one thing I would love to see is to have your mount lie behind you waiting for you to finish your battle instead of just disappearing into a void somewhere.

This is a really great game that my entire family enjoys. Thanks bunches Kingsisle! It's great to be able to play this game with my kiddos and to not have them fighting with each other (except in the arena, lol)

Rachel Frost bringer-Ice
Jenna Soulcather- Life

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I'd like to expand on the teleporters so that, for example, instead of just being able to teleport to 3 different areas within Iron Works in Marleybone, I could teleport to Iron Works, Scotland Yard, and all the different areas within Marleybone. I'd like these teleporters in all the worlds - Wizard City teleporters would be in the commons and take you to Firecat Alley, Colussus Blvd, Triton Avenue... Those who still want to explore would still have the option to walk.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hello Professor Falmea and thank you to all the staff at Ravenwood for taking time to listen to your students.

I have a couple of ideas for new projects, quests and fun. Also, my daughter has great ideas for housing and mounts. I'll put her ideas first.

She thinks that having school-themed mounts might be cool. Myth could ride an Orthurus, Fire could ride a Helephant, Life could ride a Centaur (if he would be willing).

Her second idea was for seasonal options in housing. It would be fun to select winter, spring, summer or fall for outdoor areas and have the trees and landscape change accordingly.

As for my suggestions, I think it would be great if pets could gain experience in new ways (that don't involve tedious mini-games).

For one thing, why not have pets gain experience (slowly) simply by being equipped? For every ten levels a wizard gains while the same pet is equipped, the pet advances a stage. So if a wizard equips his pet as a baby when the wizard is level 7, and keeps his pet all the while until the wizard reaches level 17, the pet goes automatically from baby to teen when the wizard reaches level 17. This happens regardless of any minigames that have been played. I think this would make sense, since wizards gain experience through questing. Why shouldn't pets?

Second, I would love to see some separate pet quests that help pets gain experience and learn talents. Have a pet search for the wizard's lost wand, for example. (This is my daughter's idea, also). Or have the pet rescue the wizard, or another pet. The questing would be just like regular quests, but the experience accrues to the pet instead of the wizard. Perhaps finishing enough pet quests can unlock an additional pet talent.

And finally, I love decorating houses ... but I'm tired of the same few and very limited selections in furniture. I love that we can change the color of our clothing (for a fee, of course). It would be great if we could also change the color of furniture, rugs and even wallpaper. I love the Futon bed, for example, but as much as I love green, it would be great to be able to make the Futon cover red, blue, orange or even purple!

Going along with my daughter's idea for seasonal changes outside, why not offer holiday-themed housing items as well? Along with clothes and wands, how about a Halloween or autumn scarecrow, a Christmas tree, or a Cupid fountain being available for limited times during those holiday seasons?

Thank you again,

Sierra StormCaller
Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
I would love Queen Calypso's ship as a house :) I simply love that area! and more new furniture would be great. Keep up the great work! My grandson loves watching me play

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hi, this is my first time posting a feedback friday thingy.

I think we should have a Shield. It could even boost Critical Block
*Just for looks or can have stats(Depends on you guys :))
*Can be dyed different colors
*Great for parties
*Epic for battles

Thanks for reading,

John RavenBlossom
Legendary Diviner

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm sorry, I thought of one more thing.

I know people have complained about random friends porting into battle and into homes. The only option availble for now seems to be either allow all porting or refuse all porting. This is a problem for those of us who work with special "best" friends. We don't want every vague acquaintence porting, but would love a visit from special friends.

Since you already give us the option of marking a friend as a "best friend," and you also give us the option of making people we know in real life "true friends," why not use that to give us the option of limiting porting and home visits to just these specially selected friends? That makes much more sense that having it be all or nothing.

Sierra StormCaller
Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
:D The on new thing i want to add is candy themed world, like in the game Candy Land.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, let me start by saying that the things I most look forward to right now;

1.Celestia Crown Gear! Should be incredible!

2.Celestia Housing! Please make a house with the view in chancel of the roaming planets!

3.This should be #1, because I truly think this needs to be added! Stitch (Fuse)Wands! I want to have my wand look the way I like, but have the most powerful stats it can!

4.Okay, my final thing I want to see added, is the ability to change the color of any and all pets! That, or as in stitching clothing or wands, Stitch the cards and talents of one pet and have it look like another pet!

Yes, all this is for crowns and I am completely fine with that! I want my character to be unique and look the way I want, pet, wand, and all!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I would invent a way to give my friends things that they need or would like to have. In some instances, I have duplicates and they need them. They might need diamonds and I have finished with what I needed. They might need a robe and I have more than I need. You encourage us to help others. That would be a big help to others.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Well, as far as adding something goes:

From the very beginning our wizards have hats on. I know we can stitch gear from places all over the spiral from Zekes trusty partner. So why not allow us to stitch gear with a no hat option?
We get all these hairstyles but they do not show because we always have hats on.

how about we get to stitch stats to a head with a no hat option?
What good is hair if it isn't shown? :p

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I would like to see the wizard have the agility to sit on furniture, the ground, or wherever...even lie down on the grass or furniture much like the characters in Perfect World.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
I would absolutley love more mutation treasure cards, mostly for higher level spell

I also would like to see a fire bettle pet :D

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
A card where you can refill your life or mana! In a fight, you can cast on yourself or a friend and it will either refill mana or life halfway.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I would make it so i could put treasure cards in my shared bank for my other wizards, not the ones i make but the ones i buy or get as drops.

Kayla Starforge

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
If I had a magic wand...I'd add a Balance Prism. It would convert Balance magic into Life, Myth, or Death magic. I'd be perfectly alright with the spell needing a quest; I just think it's not fair to add a Balance dispell, but no Prism. If I couldn't do that, I'd add a new world. It would be a futuristic metropolis called Digitalia (I'm still working on the name) inhabited by robots that forced the humans who inhabited the world to go into hiding. There would be skyscraper dungeons, wargrounds in the sewers, and the equipment would be regular clothes.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I would love to see where we can move our houses amongst our characters. especially the ones we bought with crowns. if we can move pets and clothing why not houses?

and I dont like the plants, mine died due to my work schedules.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
If I could change one thing? The corporate philosophy would be changed to one more along the lines of encouraging repeat customers and improving player experiences.

There are a few things I would put in for both paying and free players, such as the ability to purchase worlds as a whole without having to reach each area separately, and a basic bestiary of sorts, that would list monsters encountered, School, location, and hit points. This would encourage greater exploration and discussion.

Items that restored partial Energy would be rather nice, even if they were boss drops or something, but ideally they would be paid for with in-game gold.

Consumables similar to the elixirs that are currently extant would be rather useful.

Money is needed to develop new areas, pay staff, and cover the cost of the game. I am not saying the game would be entirely free, but as I said before, money grabs of the petty and constant sort that are done currently need to stop. It would be far kinder to sell account-specific add-ons for Crowns that would reduce frustration.

With this end in mind, I would propose the following add-ons:

- The ability to see the traits a Pet will have once it is hatched, rather than as it levels, allowing for less frustrating Pet cross-breeding.

- More detail to the suggested in-game bestiary, listing drops received on a per-character basis. For additional crowns, the ability to "compare notes" with a selected Friend a few times a day.

- Permanent energy boosts on a per-account basis.

- Additional character slots for trying different combinations of primary and secondary schools.

- Character points allowing for a permanent, if modest stat increase, allowing less skilled wizards to be useful in combat, and have more fun without stressing more goal-oriented players.

- A greater variety of cosmetic enhancements for homes and gardens.

On a smaller scale, I was hoping there could be more premium items for the new world. and reflecting the higher energy requirements of Gardening. Also, the Beastmaster set needs an Athame and a Ring.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I would like to see different ways to individualize our wizards. An introduction perhaps of a new line of clothing would be very welcome, especially for the girls ( we love your dress Professor Falmea ) We are proud of our schools so possibly more school designs. Maybe a unique robe could be awarded to those who have worked hard to become Legendary and have completed Celestia. Keep up the good work KI and I look forward to the surprises you have in store for us in 2011.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Just one thing...so many things to mention :-)

Okay, for my one wish this year, I would like to levels in Pet Training. Say at level 4 you could determine the potentials of each pet before you buy, at level 6 you can see ahead of time the traits that will show up, at level 8 actually choose the traits trained, while a GM pet trainer could change one trait that comes with the pet and train it to do another of the same 'dot' level.

Other things I thought of:
1) Grandmaster plants
2) Special GM Crafting quests to learn to craft the cards from a second school.
3) Characters summoned from other worlds. Say, instead of a human character, we could play one of the MS, Krok, or MB races.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
I think that it would be cool for you to be able to sort of feed your pets at your own castle instead of ALWAYS having to feed them after a minigame. I think that the pet hatching was a great addition to Wizard101 in 2010. Also, when Celestia first came out, did you think that it was impossible for any more chaos to occur when most of the wizards have already defeated Malistaire? Just a friendly question out of curiosity

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010

I would change/add (mostsly add) more mini quests kinda like the Selena Gomez quest. Those were sooooo much fun!!!!

A local fire student,
Natalie Goldenflame

Professor Falmea wrote:
Folks,

First of all, thank you thank you thank you for such a <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28600.ftl#154925">positive and productive thread</a> here. It's always a little challenging and scary when you tread into the waters of asking for negative feedback, but this was great.

Second, I wish I could discuss in more detail, but let me just say this. At least a handful of those items are either firmly on our 2011 plan or even already in progress. Which ones? You'll just have to stick around to find out...

An additional note: while I'm not all over the forums posting, I'm constantly pulling information about what's being said - I could make a full time job of it, but then a lot would go undone here in the office! Weekly, I compile what you might call the "zeitgeist" of the forums and discuss it with the team. While things can take time to filter from idea state to in game, and sometimes great ideas may just be rendered technically impossible or impractical, we always value what you guys and gals are saying and thinking.

Just have to put this here for posterity...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Now that we've discussed 2010 thoroughly, let's look forward. If you were given the magic wand, what ONE NEW THING would you add to Wizard101 this year? Let's stray from discussing changes to existing things (I think we've discussed that in detail on the last thread) to completely new and cool ideas. For example, try to stay away from "Professor Falmea should have blue hair" (never!!!) to "I think it would be cool if Professor Falmea could help me in battle if I was having trouble".

Looking forward to reading through these responses! ::grin::

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I would change/add more mini quests kind of like the Selena Gomez quests. Those were so much fun! I love exploring cool new places in Wizard101!

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I think school mounts would be wonderful! A new world would be too much to ask, well because we just got Celestia. Maybe out of battle spells? I don't know if that other would be possible. One last thing. Maybe our mounts could interact in our houses?

Well before I get too out of hand,

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Hello there, Professor Falmea! It's so nice to see something like this, I have way too many new ideas for the game- but I suppose I'll share only one... Wait, depending on how small it is I'll share two :P :D

A really small one is this- An Ice Wyvern Pet! I have seen people with Ice Colossus Pets, Snow Serpent Pets, and all kinds of Pets from my favorite Wizard101 attacks. Yet, in all my journeyings through the Spiral, I haven't seen an Ice Wyvern Pet just yet. If there is already one (that is probably VERY rare since nobody I've seen has it), then you may ignore this suggestion. :)

Well... now that I think about it, I considered posting two small ones, but now I can only think of one! Isn't it odd, whenever I'm not posting on the forums, I can think of at least six things I'd like to be added to this game. Yet, when I get on to post them, I forget... Perhaps, I should write them down? ;)

Anyway- Thank you again for all your hard work to make this game so family friendly, fun, and just overall GREAT! Keep up the wondrous work!

Kestrel MoonShard
Level 45 Thaumaturge