Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I have a few ideas for balance spells, and/or changes to the current balance repertoire of combat spells. My main gripe with balance is that we only see one side of the coin: Elemental. The Spirit side of balance has been locked away, either by accident or by design.

After the quest in Dragonspyre finishes, there should be some way to access the Spirit side of balance. I think there should be a couple of different spells added, and I will detail what I think those should be and why.

Eidolic Blast:
Cost 4 pips.
Chooses one of these three effects at random:
Deal 250 Death damage and restore 125 health
Heal 400 health
Summon a Myth minion with 300 Health and number of available spells.

This spell is similar to the Spectral Blast spell. While it should not be as powerful as Spectral Blast in the damage department, it should showcase at least some of the abilities of each of the spirit-side schools.

Cerberus:
Cost 6 pips.
Deals 160 of Death, Life, and Myth damage.

Just like the Elemental side has the Hydra, the Spirit side should have a similar spell, albeit slightly less powerful.

Prism of the Elements
Cost 2 pips.
Adds three prisms: Fire -> Death, Ice -> Life, Storm -> Myth

This prism, and the next, would be situational at best, but I feel that there should be some type of prism available for balance wizards. Since the other non-Balance schools tend to come in threes, I see no reason not to continue this process.

Prism of the Spirits
Cost 2 pips.
Adds three prisms: Death -> Fire, Life -> Ice, Myth -> Storm

Eidolic Minion
Cost 4 pips.
Summon a minion of Death, Life, or Myth.

This spell would be just like the Spectral Minion spell, but for the Spirit side.

These are just some of the ideas I think could be easily added to the current Balance school spell list. Implementation is already available since the spells are basically copies of already in place spells, except maybe the prisms. I think it would add a little more depth, in addition to a little more balance to the Balance school.

Please share your thoughts, comments, and concerns. Thanks!
Anna SunCatcher, 46 Sorceror

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
greensatori wrote:
I have a few ideas for balance spells, and/or changes to the current balance repertoire of combat spells. My main gripe with balance is that we only see one side of the coin: Elemental. The Spirit side of balance has been locked away, either by accident or by design.

After the quest in Dragonspyre finishes, there should be some way to access the Spirit side of balance. I think there should be a couple of different spells added, and I will detail what I think those should be and why.

Eidolic Blast:
Cost 4 pips.
Chooses one of these three effects at random:
Deal 250 Death damage and restore 125 health
Heal 400 health
Summon a Myth minion with 300 Health and number of available spells.

This spell is similar to the Spectral Blast spell. While it should not be as powerful as Spectral Blast in the damage department, it should showcase at least some of the abilities of each of the spirit-side schools.

Cerberus:
Cost 6 pips.
Deals 160 of Death, Life, and Myth damage.

Just like the Elemental side has the Hydra, the Spirit side should have a similar spell, albeit slightly less powerful.

Prism of the Elements
Cost 2 pips.
Adds three prisms: Fire -> Death, Ice -> Life, Storm -> Myth

This prism, and the next, would be situational at best, but I feel that there should be some type of prism available for balance wizards. Since the other non-Balance schools tend to come in threes, I see no reason not to continue this process.

Prism of the Spirits
Cost 2 pips.
Adds three prisms: Death -> Fire, Life -> Ice, Myth -> Storm

Eidolic Minion
Cost 4 pips.
Summon a minion of Death, Life, or Myth.

This spell would be just like the Spectral Minion spell, but for the Spirit side.

These are just some of the ideas I think could be easily added to the current Balance school spell list. Implementation is already available since the spells are basically copies of already in place spells, except maybe the prisms. I think it would add a little more depth, in addition to a little more balance to the Balance school.

Please share your thoughts, comments, and concerns. Thanks!
Anna SunCatcher, 46 Sorceror
I would like to modify these a bit, first of all life corresponds with fire not ice. When you place the spiritual/elemental blades/traps life and fire are in the same place and death and ice both make you shiver. Plus, life will die if it gets to cold. The bodies of most living things are warm here are my ideas

Spiritual blast:
365 death, 465 life, or 550 myth damage.

Cerberus was good

Spiritual minion: Summon a minion of life death or myth.

Balance would definitely not need a prism since it would now be able to attack with all elements without getting out of class.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Those are some pretty awesome ideas for balance class. I believe everyone has to same problem that we do only see one side of the balance.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I would like to modify these a bit, first of all life corresponds with fire not ice. When you place the spiritual/elemental blades/traps life and fire are in the same place and death and ice both make you shiver. Plus, life will die if it gets to cold. The bodies of most living things are warm here are my ideas

Spiritual blast:
365 death, 465 life, or 550 myth damage.

Cerberus was good

Spiritual minion: Summon a minion of life death or myth.

Balance would definitely not need a prism since it would now be able to attack with all elements without getting out of class.

Thanks for your input. One thing I want to say about the Eidolic Blast concept is that I did not want it to mimic the elemental version Spectral Blast. I feel that since the elemental side is raw damage and the spirit side is less damage and more finesse, that the Eidolic Blast should represent that. By offering a drain, a heal or a smaller minion summon, this is then represented as a bit more of a finesse card with an entirely different set of uses. The Myth minion that would be summoned would be somewhat lower quality, say similar to the first summon a Myth student learns.

The spirit minion spell would mimic the Spectral Minion spell, in that it would summon a school-appropriate minion, just like Spectral Blast does.

Finally, I added the prisms not so much for helping balance, but rather as a support skill for when in groups. We balance wizards already get a large number of support skills, and the ability to further assist our friends would not hurt in the least.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Balance itself is the combination of Fire, Ice and Storm. Spiritual Spells boost against it.

I do not approve of this post because it is going against the origin of Balance and, coming from a fellow sorcerer, makes Balance overpowered.
Molly
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
I got an idea too. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Elemental Judgement:
125 per pip (fire)
115 per pip (ice)
155 per pip (storm)

Spiritual Judgement:
125 per pip (myth)
115 per pip (life)
155 per pip (death)

Spiritual Hydra:
150 life, death, and myth

Spiritual Blast:
425 (myth)
350 (life)
550 (death)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
WaterGirl101 wrote:
Balance itself is the combination of Fire, Ice and Storm. Spiritual Spells boost against it.

I do not approve of this post because it is going against the origin of Balance and, coming from a fellow sorcerer, makes Balance overpowered.
Molly
Grandmaster Sorcerer

You must have either missed the memo or chose not to read your quest text. Balance is not the combination of Fire, Ice, and Storm magics. It is the combination of all magics, and the balance between them. The Kroks, in their not so infinite wisdom, felt that the Elemental side was stronger than the Spirit side. They buried the ideals of the Spirit side in a quest for pure power without the balance that was necessary for the school to be complete. They created the Krokonomicon from the study of the Fang, and at that point they realized that the Spirit side was very powerful, perhaps more powerful than the Elemental side. Because they felt this knowledge would be too powerful, they locked it away not to be seen again until Malistaire Drake finds out about it and decides he can resurrect his dead wife with it.

This is the reason why Balance wizards have only learned about the Elemental side of Balance, and have not learned the rest of the school's magics.

As to the last part about Balance becoming overpowered with the addition of Spirit spells, you are incorrect. Balance is already overpowered with just the Elemental side. I am not even level 50 yet, and I can solo everything I have come across. When I am lucky enough to find a group, people are amazed not just by the sheer amount of damage I can do, but the fact that I can switch from damage to healing to buffing without skipping a beat. And I can do this all with a 10-card deck.