Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kensington Park Hates Theurgists!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I was in Kensington Park with a friend last night. My Legendary Theurgist was unable to progress through the place because ALL of the mobs hit her exclusively in every battle. It was impossible to do anything but shield and heal myself, which is usually not a problem, even with the hardest bosses. However, since the mobs hit over and over and over and NEVER hit anyone but me, I couldn't get off any damage hits. After three battles in which this happened, we gave up.

I've done Kensington Park several times, and have not ever seen such a focus on one player before. What's the deal?

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist
Rowan Earthsong, Grandmaster Sorceress
Scarlet Ravensong, Grandmaster Pyromancre

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Kensington Park is a waste of time.

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice
Lvl 39

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
I have to agree. Kensington Park hates everyone. The creatures have 2,000 health.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Kensington Park is an evil place full of mean people that has like 2,000 health, at least the people there aren't as gross as the gobblers, who kind of eat too much and then has gas after, and aren't as bad as Malistaire who has, i heard, 10,000 health, but i never heard of the creatures there focusing on just your friend, i dont really get it, they usually focus on the first player or the player that the creature came in because, for example, if theres two creatures and one player and another player joins then another creature joins, the creature that just joined would focus on the player that just joined, i never seen all the creatures just focusing on one person, and i know that may have been confusing but thats what i usually see, but kensington park hates everyone, i have to agree with that.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
FloridaH20 wrote:
Kensington Park is an evil place full of mean people that has like 2,000 health, at least the people there aren't as gross as the gobblers, who kind of eat too much and then has gas after, and aren't as bad as Malistaire who has, i heard, 10,000 health, but i never heard of the creatures there focusing on just your friend, i dont really get it, they usually focus on the first player or the player that the creature came in because, for example, if theres two creatures and one player and another player joins then another creature joins, the creature that just joined would focus on the player that just joined, i never seen all the creatures just focusing on one person, and i know that may have been confusing but thats what i usually see, but kensington park hates everyone, i have to agree with that.
What is up with Kensington Park the Rank 5 elites are all acting like they are rank 9 or 10 bosses! we had 4 players and got wiped out in short order!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
I was in Kensington Park with a friend last night. My Legendary Theurgist was unable to progress through the place because ALL of the mobs hit her exclusively in every battle. It was impossible to do anything but shield and heal myself, which is usually not a problem, even with the hardest bosses. However, since the mobs hit over and over and over and NEVER hit anyone but me, I couldn't get off any damage hits. After three battles in which this happened, we gave up.

I've done Kensington Park several times, and have not ever seen such a focus on one player before. What's the deal?

I am pretty sure that using a healing spell attracts hits in much the same way as attacking an enemy. In battle the enemy usually starts off with either a preference to attack the first player, or the player opposite them in the battle.
However, if you cast a healing spell for say 400 health, and no other player has attacked the enemy for more damage than 400 then the enemy will be more inclined to attack you on their next turn. It is kind of like taunting them when you use healing.

Perhaps you have noticed that in a group battle if one of the player uses their wand to attack and the other player just use shields, traps or blades then the enemy are more inclined to attack the person who used their wand.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:

I am pretty sure that using a healing spell attracts hits in much the same way as attacking an enemy. In battle the enemy usually starts off with either a preference to attack the first player, or the player opposite them in the battle.
However, if you cast a healing spell for say 400 health, and no other player has attacked the enemy for more damage than 400 then the enemy will be more inclined to attack you on their next turn. It is kind of like taunting them when you use healing.

Perhaps you have noticed that in a group battle if one of the player uses their wand to attack and the other player just use shields, traps or blades then the enemy are more inclined to attack the person who used their wand.

You are absolutely correct. A heal spell is just as damaging as an attack (scales with healing amount). This is why Calm is important to a Life Wizard, or an Ice wizard taunting the healing aggro off the life wizard.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
One time when I was in kensington park 3 people ganged up on my friend and fought. My other friend and me ran to help.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
FloridaH20 wrote:
You think mallistare is bad or kensington park is bad I have heard a certain boss in the waterworks, Luska Charmbeak is level 12 and has 15,000 or more health

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
kitties1234 wrote:
FloridaH20 wrote:
You think mallistare is bad or kensington park is bad I have heard a certain boss in the waterworks, Luska Charmbeak is level 12 and has 15,000 or more health

Yea, Luska Charmbeak is Rank 12 and has 21,000 health. It took 3 Legendaries and me, another Legendary, to defeat him (This was back on my old account). Just NEVER hire minions when facing him. He cheats BIG time when you break his rules. We all died once except the Life Wizard. We kept stacking shields, defenses, remove wards on him so he wouldn't die!

Taylor LifeWhisper (all my accounts end in LifeWhisper!)
Legendary Sorcerer
"Waterworks Warrior"

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Kensington park is just for respect to show everyone you got the seraph or stuff like that

Survivor
May 08, 2011
blackbird32 wrote:
I have to agree. Kensington Park hates everyone. The creatures have 2,000 health.

Yeah. That's why I bought back my training points and traded my secondary school for life. xD

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
Enemys always go for the person who is
A) attacking them loads or
B) Healing loads.
My advice is to leave Kensington 'til you've learnt better spells or become insane.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
thing124ok wrote:
Enemys always go for the person who is
A) attacking them loads or
B) Healing loads.
My advice is to leave Kensington 'til you've learnt better spells or become insane.

What are you talking about I beat it yesterday. 8)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
FloridaH20 wrote:

Yeah, Malistare is way worse.

Nicole AshBlade
Master Pyromancer Level 46

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
do kensington park when you level 60, also kensington park was a breeze for me when i was level 60.

- john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 21 adept necromancer

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
you where just unlucky,...
but they do hate Deviners :-P
all bosses are storm 0.0 (at least the first ones, many...)

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
You're not alone. After the FIRST (yes I said FIRST) boss (we were lower levels at the time), 3 of the 4 of us had died. We gave up then and there and swore never to do Kensington park again. So far I've kept my promise.