Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spells would you change and/or add?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
There are many spells I don't like and would change and some spells I would add so let's hear them! Here are some of mine to get some ideas flowing :-)

Giant Squid- Water rises as it does in Triton, a giant squid comes and whips its tentacles around like Thunder Snake and zaps the enemy.

Death Calls On High- The gates of death open and the grim reaper comes out (wraith with a scythe and no wings) and shoots into the air, aims the scythe and a black beam will come and hit the enemy and a flash will happen and then everything would be over for that spell.

Pharaoh's Curse- A closed kroko mummy sarcophagus with two ancient stone tablets appear with hieroglyphics on them the hieroglyphics would glow the sarcophagus would open and a kroko mummy would take come out and suck in the enemy's soul like in scarecrow.

Lava Burst- The center would turn into a little island surrounded in lava with a man standing on the center he would stick his hand out and lava would shoot out and hit the enemy.

Ice Princess- While snowing, a ice princess would appear and aim her wand and a column of ice would come out.

True Form- A ball of light would grow on the tip of the players wand and it would grow larger and explode out and heal all players and when it caved back in on itself it would damage all enemies.

Loch Ness Monster- a lake would appear and the lock ness monster would appear and attack the enemy with its mouth like in storm shark.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
My thoughts on your ideas:

Giant Squid- Technically the Kraken is supposed to be a giant squid, and I think you can come up with a better name that.

Death Calls On High- Eh...not a fan of this spell, especially the name. For the most part, spell names are a literal description of what happens in the spell (ex: Ra, Vampire, Evil Smowman, etc.).

Pharaoh's Curse- Nice name and awesome spell idea, but needs a different attack effect. Maybe a modified version of the Krokomummy's natural attack.

Lava Burst- The man isn't really needed in my opinion; the spell would be great with just the island volcano.

Ice Princess- I like this; nothing needs to be changed.

True Form- Ask any Theurgist: Life does not need another healing spell.

Loch Ness Monster- I can see this being a carbon copy of Leviathan. Myth usually features monsters that aren't School specific; Loch Ness monster screams Storm.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
I think there should be a life spell where a giant Venus Flytrap (with arms and legs of course) pops out of the ground and heals the wizard fully.For fire i think there should be a a gia nt flame and it has arms and eyes, and it throws fire at every enemy. :)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
My thoughts on your ideas:

Giant Squid- Technically the Kraken is supposed to be a giant squid, and I think you can come up with a better name that.

Death Calls On High- Eh...not a fan of this spell, especially the name. For the most part, spell names are a literal description of what happens in the spell (ex: Ra, Vampire, Evil Smowman, etc.).

Pharaoh's Curse- Nice name and awesome spell idea, but needs a different attack effect. Maybe a modified version of the Krokomummy's natural attack.

Lava Burst- The man isn't really needed in my opinion; the spell would be great with just the island volcano.

Ice Princess- I like this; nothing needs to be changed.

True Form- Ask any Theurgist: Life does not need another healing spell.

Loch Ness Monster- I can see this being a carbon copy of Leviathan. Myth usually features monsters that aren't School specific; Loch Ness monster screams Storm.

Actually KI gave the kraken a twist to give it a more human like structure therefore it is NOTHING like a squid at all. Lava Burst sorta does need a man otherwise what it just sits there and does nothing? Third True Form it does damage to all and heals all. Loch Ness Monster is entire myth and yes it would be a spinoff but maybe put a boat in the water (no clue) but yes KI would have to twink it a bit i agree but those are actually not some bad ideas in my opinion and thats the only bad thing about the forums, its hard to describe and explain how its good and the vision of it is just too hard itself. Last Death Calls On High IS a description of the spell I its IN the name Death Calls On High ... Grim Reaper shoots into the air and attacks WHILE in the air in a DEATH move and the Grim Reaper is said to CALL you so thats where i got Death Calls On High.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Of any spell to really change it would probably be the minotaur spell. To increase the 445 to 480. At 5 pips, while a good medium hit spell, 490 would be really nice:

Deaths names for certain spells are funny to me. They have poison, which is fine as a damage over time spell and plague.
Plague sounds like it should be the name of a poison all attack spell for death and not a weakness type spell. That always bugged me...