Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Hound... does it even exist?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Well, you can all guess what I'm going to ask. Where can I find an ice hound pet? I'm not talking about the orthrus/collosus hybrid, but the real thing. Who drops it? Does it even exist at all? If the answer is a "spoiler", could someone perhaps suggest a fansite link that I can look up? I've already visited WizardCentral's pet forum about pet drops, but haven't found it yet. Any tips would be great. Thanks! 8)

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Uh, Ice Hound is an Orthrus + Collousus mix.

If your refering to the Frost Hound, it does in fact exist. I have seen it. But it's harder to find then a sheep pet.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
the ice hound really does exist, i actually have 3 of them (yes the one head, yes the one that MUST be epic to have a spell card (only dang pet that is this way)
I hatched the first 2 in a hatch between my accounts using my myth and ice and each account got the ice hound. My third one was a result when I hatched my frostcaller to a friend's ice hound - he had hoped the get the frostcaller to cross over.
I will only train one hound since it must go all the way to epic , and i only have one hound on my account that has ice wizards lol

i went thru a long period of no mixes and i think KI eased the % maybe, and now with CL i earn enough gold/items to hatch almost every day LOL

Keira and the Guys

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Well it's a simple answer NO it's an Hibrid mix pet ;-). I hope this helps Answer your question.

From, Megan DrakeHeart
Magus Myth Wizard

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
maxiummumdarkness wrote:
Well it's a simple answer NO it's an Hibrid mix pet ;-). I hope this helps Answer your question.

From, Megan DrakeHeart
Magus Myth Wizard

Frost Hound was a hybrid, but KI took it out after a week it was a hybrid.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
maxiummumdarkness wrote:

From, Megan DrakeHeart
Magus Myth Wizard

sorry angelocean but you are worng, i hatched my twins, hmm be in november and the last hatch was after christmas 2010

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
kiranda wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
maxiummumdarkness wrote:

From, Megan DrakeHeart
Magus Myth Wizard

sorry angelocean but you are worng, i hatched my twins, hmm be in november and the last hatch was after christmas 2010

FROST hound is not ICE hound.

Edit: The only way you can get FROST hound anymore is by mixing with a FROST hound. I put emphasis on FROST and ICE to make sure people don't mix the 2 up, which happens a loooooooot.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Angelocean wrote:

If your refering to the Frost Hound, it does in fact exist. I have seen it. But it's harder to find then a sheep pet.

never heard of a sheep pet who drops it. anyway i think there is an ice hound drop.

Administrator
Before this veers terribly off topic, I'm going to state that the sheep pet is a VIP pet only. It is not available as a drop, it is not available through hatching. This exclusive pet is only given to a rare few VIPs who are outstanding in our community.
Asking for a sheep pet immediately disqualifies you from being able to receive one.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
chipper632 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

never heard of a sheep pet who drops it. anyway i think there is an ice hound drop.

Yes to what Greyrose said. But Ice Hound (as I will repeat myself for the umpteenth time) is a mix between an Orthrus and a Collosus and Frost Hound is a retired pet.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
viradis wrote:
Well, you can all guess what I'm going to ask. Where can I find an ice hound pet? I'm not talking about the orthrus/collosus hybrid, but the real thing. Who drops it? Does it even exist at all? If the answer is a "spoiler", could someone perhaps suggest a fansite link that I can look up? I've already visited WizardCentral's pet forum about pet drops, but haven't found it yet. Any tips would be great. Thanks! 8)

no one drops it
flint nightbreaker lvl 60 pyromancer

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
So, uh what's the difference between a FROST hound and an ICE hound? I've seen an ICE hound, gives card at epic, yeah we all know that, so what is a FROST hound, and like the first guy asked, who used to drop it?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
RedWolff wrote:
So, uh what's the difference between a FROST hound and an ICE hound? I've seen an ICE hound, gives card at epic, yeah we all know that, so what is a FROST hound, and like the first guy asked, who used to drop it?

Did you even take the time to read my multiple posts straining how to get FROST hound? It's a retired pet, it's an Ice Hound with 2 heads.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
RedWolff wrote:

Did you even take the time to read my multiple posts straining how to get FROST hound? It's a retired pet, it's an Ice Hound with 2 heads.

For your information I did read your MULTIPULE posts, and if its retired how did you used to get it? Someone somewhere said it was dropped, or was it just the first collossus orthrus mix? And if it was why was it changed?