Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions on levelling multiple wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
I would like to pose some questions to those who have done this.

Did you level them one at a time i.e. lvl. 1-60 on your death, then 1-60 on your balance, etc. or were you levelling multiples simultaneously?

If you are levelling more than one at a time, did you have a system? I was going to level multiples simultaneously, and my system was going to be that I would do 5 (that quickly became 10) levels at a time for each one. That's pretty much been abandoned, as getting just the second wizard through those tedious WC quests is painful. I can't imagine doing it 3 more times.

So, back to my question, how did you do it? If you've done it both ways, which was more rewarding? I just bought a year's sub, so I'm going to be here awhile.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Depends on what you want exactly. I know people who speed through leveling their wizards just to get all legendaries.

But, if you are in no rush, and you want to experience the game in a new perspective with the different schools, then take it at whatever pace.

For me, I like the variety of working different levels in different worlds. So if I am tired of being in krok, I can work on my wizard in mooshu.

Plus, I pass any good equipment to my lower wizards. For example - the same jackect of withstanding and acsendant staff have been passed down to my 4 wizards to use as needed.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance (just finished celestia and need grizzle)
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth (in mooshu)
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 26 death (just made it to marleybone)
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire (in krok)

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Well i started by going with one through and started my next one. And then Celestia came out and i was working on both. Well more on my second my death. Then on the Gardening the test realm i got bored one day and started my balance so yes i just kind of go on which one i feel like.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
cotguy130 wrote:
I would like to pose some questions to those who have done this.

Did you level them one at a time i.e. lvl. 1-60 on your death, then 1-60 on your balance, etc. or were you levelling multiples simultaneously?

If you are levelling more than one at a time, did you have a system? I was going to level multiples simultaneously, and my system was going to be that I would do 5 (that quickly became 10) levels at a time for each one. That's pretty much been abandoned, as getting just the second wizard through those tedious WC quests is painful. I can't imagine doing it 3 more times.

So, back to my question, how did you do it? If you've done it both ways, which was more rewarding? I just bought a year's sub, so I'm going to be here awhile.

Well, I started with Fire, and leveled him to GrandMaster. While doing this, and trying to get my grand gear, I got the gear for storm. So, I started a storm character and leveled him to 36. I got a little frustrated with storm and all the fizzles, so I started an Ice, Death, Balance, and Life. I then started questing with all of them, taking them each through one area, then then next through that same area. This Started to get tedious, since you need help to get the items faster, So, I started a Second Account! And made a myth character. I leveled him up fast, and caught up, then took myth and life higher. Then ice, and death, until they all finally caught up with storm. I then Finished them all close to the same time, Storm was the next Grandmaster, then life, then ice, then death, then balance, and myth. Then, I started another Life character on the second account and decided, I had enough guys! So, I made my first female character! I quested her very fast with the help of any wizard I chose, except myth of course! Now, that celestia has opened up, I have taken My fire and myth to Legendary and completed Celestia, and I took my Life and Ice to Legendary and completed Celestia.

However, I have now, also, without doing any questing, taken Death, Life, Balance, to Legendary. I have also made another Storm and Balance, and a female Ice and gotten them all to Legendary without any questing. My female ice is Legendary and still has to finish Unicorn Way! Am I proud of this fact? Well, doing it the first 8 times is nice and all, and I love WC, but Kroktopia and MarleyBone, they leave a bad taste. The Best part of Marleybone, is Big Ben, because you know you are finally done with it! The ramps I think are a big downer in MB, because you get stuck on them all the time, or pulled into battles when you shouldn't.

So, there are good ways to level and bad ways to level, but the game all in all is great and should be experienced. You need to get to know your character, the strengths and weaknesses. Give each of your characters a personality and have it differ from one character to the next! That, truly makes the game fun and interesting!

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Lvling with more then 1 account at the time if your computer can handle it is the way to go or just have multiple computers like me and my GF.

Currently we have 6 lvl 60's that is fully geared. Taken about 2 month and that's including pet lvling, GM crafter, GM Gardener, 4 warlords and just genrally messing around.

Currently lvling up an ice+ death duo probably as the last ones.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I have 3 accounts, with currently 4 legendary wizards, 6 grandmasters, 2 level 58 wizards, and 3 wizards that are under level 30.
Each one of them went to grandmaster solo (well, with the help of friends from time to time). I enjoy the times when the teacher calls and you learn a new spell. Getting to the new worlds was always something I truly enjoy, especially leaving Marleybone and getting to Mooshu!
Once I hit Celestia, I started solo, but quickly decided to level up 2 wizards at a time for a couple of reasons:
1. With 14 wizards, I don't have enough time to do each one solo (would take a LONNGGG time)
2. I can help myself, especially when noone else is around. I can coordinate my spells between wizards to compliment each other.

In Celestia, I paired fire with death. Everything went smoothly.

Then I paired storm with life. Again, everything went smoothly.

Next I tried balance and myth. That lasted until the Grotto, where I had trouble with about every battle. I changed to balance and fire, and all is going fine now. Fire dragon with 4 or 5 blades on it is awesome!

I'm in no rush to get everyone up to legendary, as gardening and pet leveling as well as crafting are things I am playing with. I like to enjoy each world for what they are, very often I find something new in each world I visit.

I also from time to time just run around with a wizard or 2 and help out anyone in need. That in itself is rewarding enough for me.

Rogan Firehammer

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Completely agree with Ellie. I have 6 wizards (from Mooshu to almost Legendary at this point) and leveled them all at the same time at various paces. It was nice to be able to move from one world to another when I was ready for a change of scenery. Also, you learn more about the game when you use different schools. And as Ellie mentioned, sharing equipment among your wizards is a HUGE advantage; I find this works better if you can share from a variety of wizards at the same time.

I generally work one wizard to the next significant "level" to have a sense of accomplishment. So I will take a wizard to the next spell, or next 5th level - when new clothes kick in - or to the next area in a particular world. I find this more satisfying rather than just jumping from wizard to wizard without completing some element of the game.

Either way, have fun!

Explorer
May 20, 2010
My husband and I also each have 6 wizards. We played our first duo to GM in DS before the new level cap. Then we adopted the play whatever we feel like (we have each of our wizards paired off) till the updated cap when Celestia came out. We quickly decided to get everyone out of WC before wondering into Celestia ... its a pain I know, and I hated it, I felt like dragging my heels everytime it was suggested. Now we have a Legendary that just finished Celestia, GM that just finished DS, 1 in MooShu, 1 in Marleybone (*sigh*), and two in Krok .... man, I hate Krok lol.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Well I have 6 wizards. I just play with one of them till either I get to a dungeon and don't feel like doing it or I want a change.

It depends on you. The game isn't meant to be tedious or frustrating, even though there are some quest that are, but leveling shouldn't be one of those. I say do it which ever way you enjoy it. Me, I like seeing what each school can do and taking my time doing it.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Thanks to all with the advice. It sounds like tying myself to a system might take the fun and spontaneity out of the game.

I'm definitely going with a more relaxed approach and playing with whichever character interests me the most at that time.

The swapping of gear, pets, etc. is something that I've already experienced on a small level, and I agree that it really livens things up. I'm constantly dumping things in my shared bank for others to use.

Community Leader
cotguy130 wrote:
Thanks to all with the advice. It sounds like tying myself to a system might take the fun and spontaneity out of the game.

I'm definitely going with a more relaxed approach and playing with whichever character interests me the most at that time.

The swapping of gear, pets, etc. is something that I've already experienced on a small level, and I agree that it really livens things up. I'm constantly dumping things in my shared bank for others to use.

Greetings Cotguy,
I do many things while I level. crafting, housing,gardening,and pets. Sometimes I solo sometimes I don't. My thoughts on gaining levels even though I have speed leveled before I found it takes to much fun out of the story line. I found I enjoyed the game more doing the story line as it was meant to be. It also seems I gain levels very quickly doing this just as easy as speed leveling. I run multi leveling wizards, as in one day ill run this wizard the next day this other school.
I now have 7 wizards in Celestia. My advise take your time and enjoy every step. Sell anything you think your might not need for any of your other wizards. Experience everything you never know what you might like or not like .:-)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I have 5 wizards and only one Legendary. The other four are various levels from Level 8 to Level 47. I pretty much just play whichever one I'm in the mood to play, my Level 47 if I'm in the mood for a challenge or my Level 8 if I want something simple.