Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inter mural or School Vs School tourneys

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Dont know if this idea has been presented yet but as the subject line indicates, How about Inter mural or School vs School tourneys?

Hello all i am a college student and Wizard 101 kind of reminds me of my school (with out the monsters and magic lol). In my school we have inter mural tournaments were students of that school participate in sport challenges against other students of said school. My idea of this for Wizard 101 is to have school PVP tournaments within all the schools to see who is the top conjurer of each school IE the best wizard of Fire, Myth, Storm, etc. In my school they are held once a year, but for Wizard maybe once a month?

My 2nd idea is the School vs School tournaments. The idea is the same as the inter mural idea but this time between all the schools. also can be held once a month or every few weeks.

I think both of these ideas are pretty good, with the skill and strategy of this game( unlike other games were many hours and level grinding make you better) it makes these ideas "any ones game." :D I know someone is probably thinking that there is already a PVP ranked tournaments coming soon that kind of has both of these ideas in mind. But these bring more competition and team work within the schools and the game itself (my opinion of course). So tell me what you guys think...

Administrator
You may want to try out our Test Realm - our new Player vs Player system will allow you to create this dynamic.

For more information on PvP, click here .

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
This idea is good but some schools have more players than the others and that may make it harder on the less popular schools. Great idea once again .

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You may want to try out our Test Realm - our new Player vs Player system will allow you to create this dynamic.

For more information on PvP, click here .

i have tried the test realm and like it i just want to make it more official like the winning person or school could be shown on the site some thing like that.

and to you Zeafs12 thx for agreing lol and yea maybe advertising it can bring more players but yea if could happen there is always room down the road

Defender
Jul 31, 2008

Post Jan/4/2009 5:08:54 pm Subject: Re:Inter mural or School Vs School tourneys

Professor maybe I misunderstood him, but maybe what he means is that instead of this being something that comes out the students, It's the school itself which sponsors this event. For example, maybe once a month the professor from each school will make a call to his or her students to find out which one advanced the most in this month. The winner can take special prizes and a new title. (The tittle would only last until the next competition)

Then again, there is nothing stoping us from seting up a tournament ourselves here in this forum once a month. But I would like it more if it where the same academy of magic that sponsored these tournaments.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
That sounds like a great idea! I remember in Harry Potter, the schools had a score type competition and the highest scorer had their banners hung in the cafeteria or something.

It can be the same for this. Monthly or quarterly tournament competition. Set it in weight classes(level range so its not like a lvl 50 team vs a lvl 10 team) so everyone can enter. Then some sort of point system for the victor.

As for who participates, why not an interschool entry tourney. Lets say 10 teams of lvl 20s want to join the tourney but so it won't be overpopulated, a seperate tourney within each school to see who represents the school for the main tournament.

I'm not sure if i'm making any sense, just spouting off ideas in my head.