Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plague Oni is Annoying!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I guess the title says it all. I defeated the Plague Oni once and now I have to do it again because I'm a Level 38 Storm Wizard. I have to do it in order to get a new spell. It's really annoying. Whoever agrees with me here post please! I wish I had help like before. It just makes me sad. However I won't give up and I will pass! Who agrees? :(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you think Plague Oni is annoying, wait until you get to Dragonspyre (not to mention Celestia).

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
WHAT!!!! You have got to be kidding me?!! But-
Well I will be a stronger wizard by then I'll have stormzilla, triton, storm lord...the only reason I am truly annoyed is because I have to do the quest twice! I have to get the triton spell and Halstron Balestrom told me that I have to defeat the Plague Oni! I will though! It's just really annoying! I thought I was done with that...guess not....However everybody and I mean everybody says that DragonSpyre is a lot easier for storm wizards because of Storm Lord. Well I guess I just got to face the facts...

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
lol i got to lvl 38 right after i got plague oni quest so i did 2 quests in one :D i soloed him also.....so easy

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Lucky!! lol! I didn't do him solo though... I did all the other parts solo and i actually skipped wavebringer! I just walked around so I wouldn't get caught in a battle with the Diseased Water Spirit and I went in and there they were! So I called on a friend and they helped me defeat him! Now I'm in DragonSpyre though. Jade Oni was so hard! I didn't do him solo either! However I did do Cyrus Drake solo after. Since I'm storm my spells were a boost on him...
~Kayla Master Diviner (Level 40)
~Emma Stardust Journeygirl (Level 16)
~Jennifer SpiritWielder Initiate Sorcerer (Level 10 I think...)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Talk about annoying - I actually did this dungeon practically 3 times - in one night... I was doing this solo on my death wizard at level 40 or 41. But I knew the ropes and was doing fine until I accidentally ported out - lol.

I had to go back for the key - back in the beginning and so on. I beat the Oni (yay) and walked out the dungeon - so progress is gone.

Then what do I see - I still have Wavebringer on my quest book - to get the Purifier badge... ugh! So I did it from the beginning - again, until I beat Wavebringer and talked to him. Did not fight the Oni again... had enough of the dungeon for one night!

Nora RaveSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 42 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
colagada wrote:
If you think Plague Oni is annoying, wait until you get to Dragonspyre (not to mention Celestia).

So,Right man

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah I agree. I am not a storm wizard, but that does seem really annoying!!!!!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Hey people! Oh wow I haven't been on this topic in a while. Plague Oni was nothing compared to Malistaire. Yeah that's right I beat Malistaire with a friend. He has 10000 health but I kept hearing he used to have 100000. I can't imagine how anyone would beat him with that much. It was awesome!! I'm doing side quests to get to Celestia though. MooShu was so beautiful but now I learned not to judge a book by it's cover you know what I mean?

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Plague Oni is a peice of cake. I solode him yesterday. with only 2 spells. Peonix and Imolate{of course with charms and traps}.

lvl 42 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
See you in the spiral :D :D :D

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
Same here. I came to the Storm School, happy and victorious. Then, like you, I found out that I had to fight him AGAIN!

Katherine GoldCaster
Level 38
Magus Diviner

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
You think it's annoying? I am currently a Level 51 Grand Balance but I had to go back to defeat Plague Oni for the Power Nova quest. You think it's annoying? The Plague Oni is Balance and puts up shields for every school, making it even harder for Balance wizards to fight. If you think you are annoyed by it, see it in our eyes. I barely made it out alive!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
You guys are so right. Wow time flies... I am now Level 55 and in Celestia! DANGGGG! It's really hard. I can't believe I thought Plague Oni was annoying then.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
I agree that plauge oni is annoying. Especially for me. I'm Balance class. I can use my life and death spells and all but using the spells of my class is easier.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
colagada wrote:

Or wintertusk?

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
For my level 38 spell i had to defeat the plague oni too. Though there is a cheat, you don't have to use the shrines; you can go right up to the temple and fight the plague oni. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Diana Dragonpyre
Life:58

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Heyy don't just feel sorry for storm us detah wizards have to beat the WAR oni twice one for empower (totally useless spell) and the other for the main storyline.

Dylan Darkthorn