Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

krok is super long.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ok im not one of those kids who whine this is to hard when they lose on the first try, but krok is way to long. i went through wiz city in less then a week and in two weeks im still on pyramid of sun! this might be because i accendently did some side quests, and im also curious which bosses i need to beat to get the blazes out of there! the only boss quest that i have left are to beat nirini champion and that family of nirinis. is one a side quest beacause ive lost to the champion 13 times and he gives more experince then the family one.ive heard that the other areas are just as long and i wanna get to mooshu cause its awesome!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're supposed to do the side quests. If you don't, you'll run into two problems:

1) You'll be a lower level and have a tougher time getting through the game ( less health/mana, equipment with lower stats, fewer spells, etc.).

2) When you do finish Dragonspyre, you'll probably be level 45 or 46, and you'll have to go back and do the side quests anyway, so you can get into Celestia (which requires level 48).

3) Some of the side quests are actually needed to get certain school spells (Shelus Gruffheart for example).

It may seem like a waste of time, but you'll actually save time in the long run by doing all of the side quests (including going back to Wizard City).

If you think Krokotopia is long, wait until you advance. The worlds get progressively longer.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Its actually much quicker to just do the main quests. If i find i need more XP, i go and do a dungeon with a friend or something. Even with side quests, its still pretty short (compared to dragonspyre)

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
Krokotopia may be long but the Tomb of Storms isn't. You have to defeat seven bosses in a row if you don't do the side quests.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
lol i just relized what took me so long, i picked up literly EVERY quest that i saw. that made the tomb of storms last a LOOOOONG time. oh well, this post was actually from a while ago now i am in mb and wishing that someday that someone would put some side walks there. happy trails!