Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Outgoing shield spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Adherent
May 20, 2010
I'm not sure what an "outgoing shield" is. Do you mean a trap?

If you mean a shield, the Libraries in Wizard City and Krokotopia sell most of the shields as treasure cards. The Bazaar also sells a lot of shields as treasure cards, if they're in stock, and they'll be less expensive than at the Libraries.

If you want to train the shields as spells, you can train them with Sabrina Greenstar at the Fairegrounds in Wizard City.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
to clarify... the circular shields with the blades (or swords) that appear above the trap and other shields during a battle.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Blades can periodically be found for sale in the bazaar as treasure cards, but all schools learn the blade spell at the appropriate level. You can also learn multi-blade spells from the balance tree in Krokotopia once you are the appropriate level.

Blade treasure cards can also be harvested from Honey Sickle plants.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
becca2003984 wrote:
to clarify... the circular shields with the blades (or swords) that appear above the trap and other shields during a battle.

I am guessing, but I think you mean a dispel. You can find all the Dispel Spells in Colossus Blvd in the hidden house by Mindy PixieCrown, I think that is her name.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
but all schools learn the blade spell at the appropriate level.
I am level 35(ice school). I am pretty sure that is apprpriate. My only option for a possible blade currently is to summon my minion.

I am guessing, but I think you mean a dispel. You can find all the Dispel Spells in Colossus Blvd in the hidden house by Mindy PixieCrown, I think that is her name.
No I do not mean disspell. THose are the shields with the jagged edges. The blade spells I am looking for are smooth.

I was told that perhaps teh blade came with the purchase of an amulet. But I have to find an amulet with a blade.

THis is more than frustrating since alot of wizards have them, but no one seems to know from where.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
You will learn Iceblade from your professor at level 38. Until then you can grow Honey Sickle plants which randomly drop blades from all schools. You can also speak to Niles the Balance Tree in Krokotopia and learn (1 training point) the Elemental Blade (gives one fire, ice, and storm blade). This blade will work in conjunction with the Iceblade to give you a total of 75% increased damage.

Different schools learn their blade spell at different levels, which might be why you see other wizards with a blade spell at a lower level.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010