Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Planting many of the same seeds WHY?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
i have got heaps of energy and the seeds with the right plot base (normal, enchanted soils etc) but it seems that i cannot plant more than a certain number of the same thing.
with dandylions i can only plant 4 of yellow and it doesnt matter if there are more plots and more seeds of the plant, i cannot plant any more.
also, only two prickly bear cactus, 4 daffs, 1 evil snow pea....

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
With the magic menu activated, on the lower left corner of the screen is a number showing how many garden items you are allowed to have in the area currently occupied and how many of them have been used. My Royal Palace from Marleybone currently shows 80/100. This means I am allowed 100 "garden items" outside the Palace interior and 80 of them are already used. Every pot, prepared soil space, and plant counts toward the total. I am unsure if medium and large plots and plants count as more than one, I don't think so.

If you have unused pots and prepared soil spaces in your garden, picking up the pots and putting them in the attic will create more room for plants. I have also had to delete unused plowed soil spaces to make room for actually seeding the plants I wanted to grow.

A smaller house I own has room for only 40 gardening items in the "yard".

The dorm room limit is much smaller than that.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
i am aware of all of that and it didnt answer my questions
i have 72 spaces left for gardening - the point is: i cannot plant more than a certain number of one specific plant in the whole area. all i want to know is why cant i have as many as i wish? i figure with 72 spaces i wanted to have a lot of some good plants, no limited to only, say, 3 daffodils

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I've had up to 6 dandelions planted at the same time. Not sure if it is some issue about the house you have???

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Lolli, I did not mean to NOT answer your questions, only relate what had happened to me to see if it applied to your situation. Sorry it did not help.

I have had 7 pink dandelions in a dorm room, all planted at once.

I have had 6-8 stinkweed plants in the greenhouse of the Marleybone palace planted 1 at a time (one each morning for 8 days in a row). This was intended to give me harvests everyday, but the staggered pest infestations make it a BAD idea ... lol.

I have had 7 laugh-o-dills all planted at once along a pathway.

I have totally torn up and replaced 15-20 plant sections at one sitting.

Your message indicates you can't plant more then three yellow dandelions?

If you have the space, the soil, the seeds, and the pet energy ... Mike is right ... we need to look at WHERE your garden is being planted.

It would also help to know what rank gardener you are, what rank seeds you are trying to plant, and specifically what kind of seeds you are planting.

So far, I have yellow, pink, and orange dandelion seeds ... some of these seeds I had to hold onto until I had advanced in rank far enough to plant them.

I sincerely hope you find a solution to this problem ... I am planning to limit my "gardening" to single species "farming", changing the variety and plant ranks with each "crop". I hope to be able to support 21 small plot plants of the same variety without having to spend crowns for pet energy.

So, please post your solution to this when you find it ... ;)

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
I would have to agree with Alex in that you need to look specifically at the area itself you're planting in. It should seem obvious that a nice, wide open space is best for planting large numbers of seeds, whether they be the same kind or not. Currently I have 8 deadly fly traps planted in a circle around a maelstrom snap dragon and have found that I have no issue with planting more if I wish. My girlfriend, as another example, has I believe 14 dandelions planted in a large space in her 'imperial palace'. I may be wrong however, as I've not run into the problem as you describe it. My suggestion would be to get a house (or find a nice wide open space) to plant in. And plant in circles! Rows are evil!

Duncan J
Lvl 54 Conjurer

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
lolliwhelan wrote:
i have got heaps of energy and the seeds with the right plot base (normal, enchanted soils etc) but it seems that i cannot plant more than a certain number of the same thing.
with dandylions i can only plant 4 of yellow and it doesnt matter if there are more plots and more seeds of the plant, i cannot plant any more.
also, only two prickly bear cactus, 4 daffs, 1 evil snow pea....

dude what are u talking about I LITEREALLY have like 50 dandilions in my garden lol ok not that much but still!

Defender
Sep 11, 2010