Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with Sorcery Stones MiniGame & Vista

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
I really love this game and I'm so excited because I've had so few problems with running it on Vista. I'm not sure if the mods/developers are aware of it or not. When I play the minigame "Sorcery Stones" on my computer with Vista, it gradually slows down. I mean really slows down.
It lags so much that I can barely move my mouse. (I can usually only complete up til level 3 on the Vista computer. I've gone up to level 8 on my computer with XP.) Once I quit Sorcery Stones, there's not a problem. Also, I haven't had any problems with any of the other mini-games nor in Wizard101 game itself. Thanks! Monica

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I've gotten to level 11 on a computer that ran Vista, so Vista itself isn't the problem. Vista plus a slow computer could be a problem, I guess. How much memory does your computer (with Vista) have?

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I've gotten to level 10 on Vista without a problem. Don't know what your issue is. I have an HP with Vista Home Premium.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
Also running Vista though 64 bit edition and Ultimate no issues with slowness.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Well it's not an issue - don't take offense. I'm just bringing it up because it seems strange that it's the only area that it has problems in. And yes it has plenty of memory. I'm just bringing it up because it seems to be some sort of anomaly. The computer is not slow in any other area of Wizard101 - just that game. Why would the computer be fine in all of Wizard101 and all of the other minigames but not in Sorcery Stones???? Just curious if it's a bug or what.