Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I am a pyromancer. (fire) I need help deciding what my "secondary school" should be. little help? 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
metalj10 wrote:
I am a pyromancer. (fire) I need help deciding what my "secondary school" should be. little help? 8) 8) 8)

well, i am a pyromancer so i know three schools that are helpful.

storm: that was my secondary school, it has very strong spells but fizzles a lot. this is better if you want to cause more damage in battles but keep in mind, you might be better of with healing.

life: that was my third school, it is pretty useful because you get to heal people. its a good secondary school for fire wizards cause fire spells are strong and life spells are weaker. they cancel each other out so it is a good match.

myth: this is the secondary school of my life wizard but i think its a better combo with life, i'm not so sure about fire

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'd say Ice, because it's the opposite of Fire. It might just be me, but most of my wizards' secondary schools are their opposite school and I find it's easier to fight that way. I wouldn't go with Storm because it fizzles. A lot. I wouldn't go with Life either because the only healing spells you get are Satyr (which in my experience takes too long to cast) and Sprite (which doesn't give you much health; I hardly ever use Sprite, even with my Theurgist) and the other spells aren't very good unless you're a Theurgist. I'm not a fan of Myth (however when I play as a Conjurer, I might change my mind); the attacks aren't great as a secondary unless you're a Diviner, so I'd say no to that too. In the end the choice is yours, and you can always buy back your training points (with Crowns) and choose a different secondary school.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
I went with life and them storm because storm gives you good attacks at fire bosses and with life you can heal.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I used Myth as mine and it served very well early in the game, especially in the pyramid where most enemies were fire. As I got higher, I found that really just tend to use the shields, but earthquake can come in handy sometimes.

Really any of the spirit schools (life, death, myth) are good if only for the shields. Myth has some good hitters, life can help you heal, and death has the ever popular feint.

Ice or torm can be helpful early on, but later in the game you will rarely use your secondary attacks so while tower from the ice school is very useful, I'd stay storm isn't worth it. You'll do more damage buffing your fire attacks.

As for balance, I suppose you could go for a full secodary if you like, but definitely invest in elemental blade and elemental trap from the balance tree. These both stack with your fire buffs.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Hmm... You ppl mke very good points. But im going to go with storm because Ive gone up to storm shark now.