Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple Accounts ??

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
:)
I have a question I would like to get answered by someone at KingIsle :

I have a Subscriber Account with the maximum of 6 Wizards, one of each school except Storm; and I am wondering if I could also start a Free Account so I can also have a Wizard of the Storm School.

I'm asking before I try it, so I don't mess anything up with my paid-in-full Subscriber Account....

Administrator
Of course you can have multiple accounts!

Because each account is its own username there's no way it can affect your existing subscribed account.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You may wish to make the new count a sub-account of your first account. That way if you decide to pay for both, it's only $14/month total (which is still cheaper than one account in some other games), rather than $20/month total. I'm not sure if it's possible to link accounts later if you don't do so at account creation.

A sub-account can't use dictionary chat unless it's paid, though.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Of course you can have multiple accounts!

Because each account is its own username there's no way it can affect your existing subscribed account.

Thank you, Professor; I always like to clear up issues like this through "proper channels" ahead of time. I have been on MMORPGs where such things were not only un-allowed but also grounds for having your Paid Account automatically terminated permanently ... The chief reason I am no longer with any of them ...

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
You may wish to make the new count a sub-account of your first account. That way if you decide to pay for both, it's only $14/month total (which is still cheaper than one account in some other games), rather than $20/month total. I'm not sure if it's possible to link accounts later if you don't do so at account creation.

A sub-account can't use dictionary chat unless it's paid, though.

That's a good piece of advice, Quiz; I think I'll explore that option, since I only plan to create one additional Wizard on it anyway. And if I can't use Free Chat, its no issue; I actually wish I could "bleep out" some of the wannabee comics with way too much access and not enough imagination to go with it ... VERY distracting, especially in a tense moment!