Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
:? hi i'm trying to find the hat eerybody talks about called the "Animate Tri-corn" or Tri-fold and i don't know witch shop to look in help!

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
that hat is from a long time ago it is astral gear i think that what it called and it could only be buyed with crown nad it is no longer availale sry bro i tried looking for it to

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I haven't heard anybody talk about the Animated Tri-Corn hat for at least a year. It used to be a Crowns item that could be purchased from Prospector Zeke and used by level 15+. It's since been retired and isn't available anymore. I believe that's the same hat that was errantly called the "Animated Tri-Fold".

The hat was probably retired because it gave the Level 28 Death spell "Animate" and was thus considered too strong for its level.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
colagada wrote:
I haven't heard anybody talk about the Animated Tri-Corn hat for at least a year. It used to be a Crowns item that could be purchased from Prospector Zeke and used by level 15+. It's since been retired and isn't available anymore. I believe that's the same hat that was errantly called the "Animated Tri-Fold".

The hat was probably retired because it gave the Level 28 Death spell "Animate" and was thus considered too strong for its level.

I find this quite ironic now, since the Ianthine Spectre readily available in the Crown Shop (albeit at a high price) possesses Animate, and neither the Wizard nor Pet need to do any game-work to use it. I actually like the idea though; it is something different from the crappy elemental (Fire,Ice,Storm) Minions, and compliments Life Wizards well when they fight other Life creatures.
I wouldn't consider the spell too strong because other wizards would only be able to summon up to an 800 HP Death Minion with it, since Power Pips do not register. But I could see why they would have wanted to retire the item, because most of the Astral gear really was overpowered.