Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't like Marleybone. Anyone agree?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Well to me it seems boring and pointless. Cats , dogs, mice? Really, I think this world was invented to kill time. My opinion, and not trying to offend the makers of wizard 101 and Marleybone.

Alexandria Ashstone, LvL 32 Magus Death/Storm

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
amay11 wrote:
Well to me it seems boring and pointless. Cats , dogs, mice? Really, I think this world was invented to kill time. My opinion, and not trying to offend the makers of wizard 101 and Marleybone.

Yeah I totally agree with you!!! Mb is pointless, boring, and it needs, SIDEWALKS!!!! UGH!!! I get caught in a least 1 battle everytime I visit Mb!!! Mb is the worst world ever( no offense).

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
agreed marleybone is my least favorite wold, they should add some side walks, and maybe better boss drops. the only good place to farm there is big ben. it also takes to long to beat, perhaps some adjustments could be made?

-angus skyrider, level 52 life wizard

Survivor
May 16, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
amay11 wrote:

Yeah I totally agree with you!!! Mb is pointless, boring, and it needs, SIDEWALKS!!!! UGH!!! I get caught in a least 1 battle everytime I visit Mb!!! Mb is the worst world ever( no offense).

It doesn't need sidewalks it is based on rooftops, when was the last time you saw sidewalks on a roof?

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
I don't like Marleybone at all it needs sidewalks i get caught in battles all the time just if you think you don't like krok wait till you come to this place it is hard

(I edit this)
I think i take that back. It is quite fun but you need friends most of the time
it way easier but seriously i still kind of don't like Marleybone and i do think it is kind of pointless no offense to wizard101 it still a great game

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
amay11 wrote:

do you see side walks on roofs,NO!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
kittaaas wrote:
agreed marleybone is my least favorite wold, they should add some side walks, and maybe better boss drops. the only good place to farm there is big ben. it also takes to long to beat, perhaps some adjustments could be made?

I know right! I am currently in the Katzenstein's Lab part of Mb and I am defeated everytime I go in! All of my friends, except my brother, are having the same problems I am! If any of the Wizard 101 Creators read this, everyone who wrote in this subject wants some C-H-A-N-G-E-S.

-Emma Starcatcher, Lvl. 31 Balance Wizard 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
mb is my favorite world

robert earth breaker lvl. 49 pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, I agree. It could REALLY do with some pavements! I get pulled it to battles A LOT. It could also do with a bit of better signs coz when you first come to MB it's hard to find the shops. Other than that though I dont think it's too bad.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Well I'm not sure because I'm only a rank like 13 or something.But I bet Marleybone is pretty fun,though.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Meh, I don't have any complaints.

To be honest, the lack of sidewalks is a good thing. The skill gap in this game was horrid in WC and KT. Although I find it annoying sometimes to get caught in a battle, its not too much to handle, cause i mean really, everyone in MB is easy.

Christopher Frosthammer - Legendary Ice
Christopher Duskhammer - Adept Myth

Hero
May 27, 2009
It could be said that the whole game is "a waste of time" but I actually liked Marleybone better before they changed the paths of the enemies. Used to be, you could just run down the middle of the rooftop and be safe.
Changes that make some people happy only make other players unhappy. There is no pleasing 100% of the players.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
fireslash1234 wrote:
I don't like Marleybone at all it needs sidewalks i get caught in battles all the time just if you think you don't like krok wait till you come to this place it is hard

You call Marleybone a hard world? Ha! wait until you see MooShu, Dragonsypre, and Celestia...much harder. So stop complaining!

Survivor
May 28, 2010
sms333 wrote:
kittaaas wrote:

I know right! I am currently in the Katzenstein's Lab part of Mb and I am defeated everytime I go in! All of my friends, except my brother, are having the same problems I am! If any of the Wizard 101 Creators read this, everyone who wrote in this subject wants some C-H-A-N-G-E-S.

-Emma Starcatcher, Lvl. 31 Balance Wizard 8) 8) 8)

Come on, it ain't that hard! Just think postive.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
Elliemewmew wrote:
Yeah, I agree. It could REALLY do with some pavements! I get pulled it to battles A LOT. It could also do with a bit of better signs coz when you first come to MB it's hard to find the shops. Other than that though I dont think it's too bad.

OK, I have a trick for ya when you get pulled into battle by accident.

1) Go to the Crowns shop even if you got no crowns. ( I got no crowns)
2) Go to houses page
3) Preview a house
4) When you are at the house, wait a moment.
5) Finally, go back to the door and you will go back to the place you were in but out of the battle you have been pulled into.
Simple.

Michelle Dragonheart LVL 46 Balance

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
adriane13 wrote:
Elliemewmew wrote:

OK, I have a trick for ya when you get pulled into battle by accident.

1) Go to the Crowns shop even if you got no crowns. ( I got no crowns)
2) Go to houses page
3) Preview a house
4) When you are at the house, wait a moment.
5) Finally, go back to the door and you will go back to the place you were in but out of the battle you have been pulled into.
Simple.

Michelle Dragonheart LVL 46 Balance

Cool idea! Thanks!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
What?!? Marleybone is my favorite world!!! I love the whole turn of the century London thing, the music is awesome and you get good drops for the first time in the game. I have both the MB houses and miss the world now that all my wizards have moved beyond it.

Re the sidewalk thing, it isn't that difficult. But as your parents taught you, look both ways before you cross the street. Or in this case, go up a ramp which can be tricky. In addition to the crown shop/house preview trick, you can also just quit and log back on. As long as the enemy has moved on, you will be back where you started but not in a duel.

So lighten up on MB, it's a great world!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Mb is the worst world!!!!! I am so glad that I finished it. Big Ben took me more that 2 hours because I spilled the milk. Don't do that unless you want an extra fight with another boss. :( :( :( No offense to the people who made it, not a good job not having sidewalks. Same with Grizzleheim.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
amay11 wrote:

well i for one LOVE MB!!!!!!!! its probably the best world there your looking at the negative side the positive is that this place has a really fun storyline!! and plus sherlock bones is cool 8) and this is where the battles are actual starting to get fun unlike krok this place has actual good enemies and here are solutions!!! the sidewalks u need to watch where ur going and time ur self on when to go and stay to the far side of ur roof TAH-DAH!!!! make believe sidewalks and for big ben being too long get some really good friends and go in there i promise u the best time EVER!!!!! :D so enjoy your time in mb and enjoy the sites and sounds and the dogs and cats and rats and crazy scientists

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
HOW DARE YOU! You say Marleybone is the worst world? Wait till you get into DragonSpyre. It's a fun storyline, fun characters, it's not even that long. Only took me a week or two. The Air Balloon rides are cool and so is the gear. The pets, they have a secret trainer, plus, there's tons of xp!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
i was in big ben and completed it but got no credit,i am so mad!

connor900s wrote:
i was in big ben and completed it but got no credit,i am so mad!

Just teleporting to a friend does not count, you must have the quest required to complete the assignment in that dungeon.

Once you get the quest to complete the clocktowers and big ben, you will get credit for the quest.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
jacobandhannah wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
amay11 wrote:

It doesn't need sidewalks it is based on rooftops, when was the last time you saw sidewalks on a roof?
Yeah, but I think KI should make it easier to get thourgh MB!!!!

Survivor
May 06, 2009
True! I love marlybone, BUT, I HATE how much I get sucked into battles!
Kingsile- Some of us actually WANT to beat bosses, not get sucked into battles every five seconds!