Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spirits Pillars in grand forum(stormriven)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
There is a serious problem with this spot. Either A, you can NEVER find a spot no matter how many times you change realms, or B the people you fight with are rude and don't listen causing you to have to fight for an hour per fight.
My suggestion to this problem is simple, enclose the pillars in a room where you have to enter by sigils like you would for a tower or dungeon. This will also fix the problems of you being able to get in but not your friends :-)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I agree, it is nearly impossible to find an empty realm to use the pylons. However, the same problem exists with the Kraken in WC, the Minotaur in Krok and the Plaza of Conquests in DS. There's also a guy (wraith) in MooShu that you have to fight that can be difficult to find an opening for.

Adding to the problem in Stormriven is the fact that people camp out there that can't even use the pylons themselves. They'll hang out until someone summons one of the bosses and then rush in before your group can. It's very annoying.

The only way the problem will be solved is by making all of them loadable instances, as the OP suggested. Too many players just don't care if others want to fight too. It is especially bad for the other areas where it's required as part of a quest.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Agreed, I prefer to solo the pillar bosses, or just do it with a friend or two, because too many people jump in without having a clue about how to fight that boss or are trying to be power leveled and either get you killed or drag the fight out so much its not worth doing. Would much much rather prefer it to be an instance.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It's not that hard to find a realm with an open spot.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I found it hard to find an open spot over the weekend during the day, matter of fact, I gave up.

Why not something like Nidavellir, or Winterdeep Warren, or whatever its called, you need a sigil to get in, then you can go to any room you want.

I thought there was a sigil up at the top, just put it there.

Or just make it a side room off of the Trial of Spheres.

I will admit it, I made a BIG mistake and trained up to polymorph bandit, now I don't have enough training points to get Sun School Gargantuan, and being Death, you can't enchant Ghoul, Vampire, etc. So against that boss that is 3 pips or less you pretty much are stuck with Banshee, and stuck spending 500 gold each for Garg at the Archivist, hardly worth my while. And if someone calls it up, will, got to find an open spot then on another realm. Yuck.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
OK, there is a sigil up top, and maybe it was part of a quest line, I can't remember. If so then my idea would not work. So just make one next to it. :-D

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
like others i am sick and tried of never being able to find a open realm
and not wanting to be rude and try to steal another team member spot
i keep looking getting very annoyed at those that just try to steal team
member spots please don't use excuses well i pay so i have a right
everyone there pays common curtsy and sense says you should at least ask
i run it with my to accounts but if i see someone else wants in i sit one wizard out to let other join.
i was going to mention the idea of the poster and like to add
if you can put all the pillars in the room so you don't have to leave the room after the fight.
cause it will still be a big problem every one trying to get in with there groups
at the front door after every fight