Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm getting Weaker?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, we all know about the new Wild Bolt, and most of us hate it. Especially the PvPers that are Diviners. So does this count as Storm getting weaker? Also for Leviathan. Its pretty much a suckish move for Storm. It only does just above the damage for Triton and for MORE pips.
To many it seems like fire is catching up with Storm. And maybe even Ice is stronger!

Also I think that storm has a bit TOO low of health. In PvP everyone always kills the storms first and its getting a bit annoying.

So does this result storm getting weaker? Maybe so. :-(

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Okay, we all know about the new Wild Bolt, and most of us hate it. Especially the PvPers that are Diviners. So does this count as Storm getting weaker? Also for Leviathan. Its pretty much a suckish move for Storm. It only does just above the damage for Triton and for MORE pips.
To many it seems like fire is catching up with Storm.

Yah i noticed that they changed the wild bolt. Now it is weak, I took it out of my deck and now i will most likely never use it again, "sad". I used to put it in deck because when you do get it you feel over joyed, since it has a 10% chance of happening. But now it is useless, i get the 10 and 100 damage the most. Now it is just a wast of pips, at least thats what i think.

Marcus StarShield: 60 Legendary Diviner

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I'm a pyromancer, but I do feel your pain. They biggest problem with wildbolt before was as someone said earlier, the accuracy (especially with sun magic) could easily be boosted to the point where people were pulling off massive damage that wasn't relative to the pip cost.

I think they were on the right track in changing things, but not in the execution. Maybe swing the accuracy back down, but not all the way back to 10%, and change the it to like 200, 500, and 1000.

I'm not sure what to do about leviathan. Adding too much more damage could make it overpowered, which is touchy for storm. Maybe give it some sort of benefit like adding a buff or debuff after using it.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Yeah storm is losing ground to the other schools. Much of this is really due the introduction of gargantuan and lacking an efficient way to deal with shields. Most diviners do not carry much in the way of buffs in the arena since most often, you'll just waste it trying to wand off a shield. It's better that turn just to cast a powerful spell, if your opponent is open, since you never know when they will shield up again. Most other schools have effective DoT's that allow them to deal with shields. Fire of course has always had multiple choices in this category. Ice gained a lot with their 8 pip Angel DoT, to complement frost bite. Leviathan in my mind is inferior to Triton, since it does the same damage per pip. It will remove two positive charms from your opponent, but my experience is that schools that use blades, use the elemental/spirit blades often enough, your'e more likely to remove blades that they weren't counting on using anyway.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
fire hits with meteor for around 1800, I think fire has already passes storm in PvP damage

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
The sad part about that 10% was that you could easily make it over 50%.

Yeah, easily over 50%! So that means you will always hit wildbolt and never fizzle! oh wait? isn't that 100%?

Oh, yeah, that's right, like it is now! You can hit wild bolt now at 100% and if you add on Gargantuan of 250 and have your critical gear with a vengeance you can do, wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

429 or 858 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%
577 or 1155 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%
2062 or 4125 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%

Yeah, I know, card says 70% but gear gives you 24% accuracy and pets give 6% accuracy so that makes 100% any way you look at it.

So you are right, storm is getting weaker, thanks for pointing that out!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
No, now let me explain why befor you get all bent out of shape. Although Wild Bolt has been changed for the worse and is now a useless spell (I still can't believe KI changed an entire spell for an optional activity in the game), the potential damage of the spell is the same. Also, read what you said about Leviathan carefully: "[Leviathan] only does just above the damage for Triton and for MORE pips." Although that is true, that doesn't change the fact that Leviathan does an amount of damage "just above" Triton. Just above doesn't equal weaker. Now let's examine the evidence by comparing these spells' difference to the other Storm spells' differences. As shown here,the difference between Storm spells decreases as the rank increases *:

Difference of 100 between Thunder Snake (Rank 1)- Lightning Bats (Rank 2)

Difference of 90 between Lightning Bats (Rank 2)- Storm Shark (Rank 3)

Difference of 85 between Storm Shark (Rank 3)- Kraken (Rank 4)

Difference of 70 between Kraken (Rank 4)- Stormzilla (Rank 5)

Difference of 65 between Stormzilla (Rank 5)- Triton (Rank 6)

Triton has a damage range of 795-875 and Leviathan does 1030 damage; that might only be a 155 damage difference, but as you can see it's the largest difference between Storm spells. What you're complaining about is actually KI being nice. They could've easily gone lower, but they chose not to.

*Irregular spells (Tempest, Storm Lord, etc.) have been excluded.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Well Efreet isn't exactly that much stronger than Helephant either so i think Storm is still the heavy hitter class i've done Leviathan with over 10,000 damage! Who in the world would think that is weak that's enough to beat Malistaire in one blow.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
The sad part about that 10% was that you could easily make it over 50%.

Yeah, easily over 50%! So that means you will always hit wildbolt and never fizzle! oh wait? isn't that 100%?

Oh, yeah, that's right, like it is now! You can hit wild bolt now at 100% and if you add on Gargantuan of 250 and have your critical gear with a vengeance you can do, wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

429 or 858 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%
577 or 1155 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%
2062 or 4125 if Critical for 2 pips at 100%

Yeah, I know, card says 70% but gear gives you 24% accuracy and pets give 6% accuracy so that makes 100% any way you look at it.

So you are right, storm is getting weaker, thanks for pointing that out!

Uh, you kinda twisted what I said, but I could see why. But I was not efering to storm getting weaker. I was refering to the fact before they changed it grands could win battles in a couple minutes with the high accuracy boosts. But, that's my opinion, I don't pvp enough to say how sure I am.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I am a storm, and i am wishing i was balance because fire is getting better and storm is getting worse. It seems like KI is trying to make storm feel humiliated. It's so annoying when your saying to someone else "Your dead" but then it fizzles. i feel so humiliated. And then the person your dueling wins. :(

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
ok listen up its fair cause you storm use to say "Oh how strong storm is!" well what about us other elements! you deserved to be weaker so if you complain think about how other elements felt when you said how strong storm was

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
To many it seems like fire is catching up with Storm. And maybe even Ice is stronger!

are you people being serious? 1040 damage without any blades isnt enough for you thats just sad. if you cant make due with that make a new wizard. and ice stronger? NO it is not stronger take it from me and ice wizard. i cant believe you are complaining about your damage

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
darthmaul1 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

are you people being serious? 1040 damage without any blades isnt enough for you thats just sad. if you cant make due with that make a new wizard. and ice stronger? NO it is not stronger take it from me and ice wizard. i cant believe you are complaining about your damage

But another reason that if you kill the enemy due to the damage then there is no point in the blades.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
darthmaul1 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

it's 1030 not 1040

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
The reason for the low health is because they have such high hits, and i like the idea that fire is getting closer just because i am one. Fire dragon is just about the same as storm lord but just without the stun.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
seasnake wrote:
fire hits with meteor for around 1800, I think fire has already passes storm in PvP damage

dude, i think you are talking about meteor with critical because thats what i hit with it.

Defender
May 17, 2009
slashersword4 wrote:
ok listen up its fair cause you storm use to say "Oh how strong storm is!"

That is our only advantage. We also have low health, accuracy, and power pip chance.

well what about us other elements! you deserved to be weaker

No we don't, the point of storm is raw power

so if you complain think about how other elements felt when you said how strong storm was

Fire has several DoTs and got an amazing level 58 spell. Ice has humongous amounts of health and resistance, and just got the strongest level 58 spell, a powerful AoE and DoT in one! As lord Pilaf from Dragon Ball once said, "I didn't know there were people that stupid."

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
I don't think storm is getting weaker I think myth is getting weaker myth needs more attacking spells and less useless spells

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
slashersword4 wrote:
ok listen up its fair cause you storm use to say "Oh how strong storm is!" well what about us other elements! you deserved to be weaker so if you complain think about how other elements felt when you said how strong storm was

I have absolutely no idea what you mean, just to let you know.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
i highly doubt that storm is getting weaker. You Storms have some of THE strongest spells at lower lvls. (Kinda like balance) (I only talking about for your lvl, not compared to EVERY other spell) You guys have some of the Hardest hitting spells ever. Dont start complaining just because one of your spells got changed. (Though it was one of your strongest) I'm not saying this just because i'm a fire wizard, I'm saying this cause there really isn't no use to complain. You guys have PLENTY other spells that you can use that AREN'T weak.

Austin DragonTamer. Adept Pyromancer lvl 25.