Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

greyed out spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Why do spells stay greyed out when you DO have enough pips to cast them? Also, why do some spells use more pips than what the card says? One example is the pixie heal card for 2 pips. It always uses more if you have them. Other cards do the same thing??? :(

Administrator
A quick look through the How to Play section of the Players Guide reveals the answer:

Players receive a PIP each turn of the duel. PIPs are represented by small white dots along the front inside arc of the sigil that the player is standing in. If the PIP is a Power PIP, it should be glowing brighter and yellow.
Power PIPs count as TWO PIPS towards spells in your main school of focus.
Players are eligible to receive Power PIPs after level 10. You can increase your chance of receiving Power PIPS with certain clothing and jewelry.

Spells require a certain number of PIPs before they can be cast. Some spells have a PIP requirement that is represented by an X. This means that the spell will be more powerful of you have more PIPs when you cast it.

Note, Power PIPS only count as two when used for spells within your main school of focus! Spells outside your main school of focus will only see the Power PIPS as a single pip.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
3331dork wrote:
Why do spells stay greyed out when you DO have enough pips to cast them? Also, why do some spells use more pips than what the card says? One example is the pixie heal card for 2 pips. It always uses more if you have them. Other cards do the same thing??? :(

not enough mana?
Robert Earth Breaker lvl. 49 pyromancer

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
well if the card is a different school and its greyed out its because its not your main school so it will prob take a like 2 or 1 more pip thats what i think cause i half fire and my cards are sometimes greyed out so ya but idk bout the pixie hope this helped you out :D

Destiny DeathBlade lvl 26