Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
iheartcheesypie on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

I have like a bunch of these...

I actually bought one for 9k crowns and then started opening packs and i got 3 more from the packs...

my home is a pet sanctuary for pets i do not use, I made a graveyard just for the spectre's, ghosts, wraiths,
zombie's that i do not use to wonder around in and feel at home.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
There is no rarest pet, all are equally easy to get from hatching. The exceptions:
Sheep pet: All hybrids result in a Goat Monk
Pioneer Dragon: All hybrids result in a Frontier Dragon
Stray Piggle: All players obtain one

I am not saying that all pets are equally rare. I am saying that there is no rarest, as it's very easy to get any of them and none are particularly rare.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
dbomb12345 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop is the Life Troll from Krokopatra

I think that the rarest pet (in general) is the Sheep, limited only to the KingsIsle staff. You cannot hatch a Sheep, any hatch with a Sheep results in a Goat Monk. They did this so that there is no possible way to repreduce the Sheep, so it is REALLy only limited to staff.

I think that the rarest hybrid pet is the Pet Egg (hybrid). The Pet Egg (hybrid) is not the pet that you can purchase for 2,000 crowns in the Crown Shop. The Pet Egg (hybrid) is the result of Dragon + Colossus.

I hope you have found this post helpful :)
Um ... Not exactly you got the king isle stuff right but king isle staff only gave it to some people ( not kingisle staff) I have personally seen one

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
The Axenos Obliterater wrote:
I think you are right ibeamazing101. I have seen like, 2 people have it ever, and seemed like a good pet.
I have never seen it in my life

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Squire
May 10, 2013
PyromaniacCaleb on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel
The Sea Dragon is tied with a Pemunda Drake with the Pedigree.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Zebulous Newt on Feb 5, 2011 wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.
I never win the silver chests it is hard!!! maybe I can get today?

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
7starfairy on Dec 30, 2010 wrote:
saraph
I see that pet all the time :p it is not rare
doh

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
My guess would be a yellow fire elf, never seen one actually.. yet they do exist.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Scarecrow pet does not exist.
It absolutely does exist.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
stix2620 wrote:
It absolutely does exist.
It sure does. I even have one that hatched as not tied to death school, so I can use it on any of my wizards. I also have the storm version of the scarecrow. It has a beautiful blue cloak.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Lol The best pet i have on wizard101 is a sea dragon pet with health gift, spritely, one disarm card, and pain giver. I have a yuletide spirit that may cast unicorn. I also have a betta fish with may cast healing current and storm striker. My other good pet has may cast windstorm and some other good stuff i cant remember. I don't know what the rarest pet would be.

Noah DawnRider
See you in the game
I have a pagoda and like to share.
Friend me

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Crimson Specter, Arctic Ninja Pig, Death Bat.

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Begrim Emeraldbane Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 90

William Wildweaver Lv 90

Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
I have seen that a lot of you are saying saraph is the rarest but I get it a lot while buying packs, I currently have 8 of them and I have no use for them

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
louer1 on Feb 4, 2011 wrote:
Idk what the rarest pet is but i will say that ice sherph
its called a frostcaller I hatched with someone and have it its really good with healing and mines on teen with a bad talent

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
iheartcheesypie on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

I think it would be Ianthine spectre

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
i think ice school pets are the best and crowns pet that may cast heal like nightmare

user:talonwildcloud
school:ice
pet:nightmare
add me sup

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
If you are thinking about commenting on some of the first responses, please read this!
The individual who mentioned the Seraph pet had mentioned it before the Hoard of the Hydra Pack was released, which allowed everyone to easily receive it. This response was added when the only way of getting the pet was through drops by Stoker in Kensington Park.
The other individual who mentioned the Stray Piggle, it was meant as a joke. Yes, everybody knows that everyone gets it at a low level. You will not be the first to solve the puzzle.
Please read the dates of when some of these earlier comments were posted, so you do not sound ignorant when you respond.
Thank you!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
And Angelocean, KI didn't hand out sheep pets. It's a pet for KI employs and game moderators only :p

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Angelocean wrote:
Scarecrow pet does not exist.
dude where have you been death gets that pet at lvl 58 of course it exists I have like 12 from failed hatch attempts.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
danger hound because if you hatch you either get your pet or a ghost hound