Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
SwordSaint Ninja wrote:
The rarest pet drop is really the Ianthine Spectre, it's really hard to get dropped without buying it. I heard it's the hardest thing to be dropped. Not the Sea Dragon. People barley even have the Ianthine Spectre. Wizard101 wiki says that this pet is a really rare drop.
I have it but not dropped.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I would think it is was the Pink Jellyfish...
My best guess is probably the Danger Hound like another said.

(Please help me on Malistaire if you can find me ;) )
- Destiny Swiftstalker lvl 47

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Yes, I understand. There are whole lot of rare pets, but the rarest one overall is so rare only a handful have it. Kingsisle selected few people to have the sheep pet. I'm estimating only about a hundred where given out, and there are millions of players. This is a pet you won't see in the commons everyday. Hope this helps!

" Knowledge is key, my friends. " Katie Duskleaf, almost level 50

Survivor
May 14, 2011
i agree the sheep is the rarest. i have yet to see one and i have been playing for about 4 years. good luck trying to find someone with it and if you just so happen to get a glimpse of one you should consider yourself lucky. :)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
The rarest pet is the Frostzilla. (the retired one!) Besides, Sheep that you can only get through hyrid hatch or being a KingIsle worker, there hasnt been a single Frostzilla out there. Come on, really, have you seen one? That's my input.

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Survivor
May 10, 2011
I had no idea frost hound was rare, I have several of them if anyone wants to hatch but I have a line -_- and I wont hatch unless its either a good pet or I know you

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
MegaGamer611 on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
I had no idea frost hound was rare, I have several of them if anyone wants to hatch but I have a line -_- and I wont hatch unless its either a good pet or I know you
From my experience of being in the hatchery for hours, the frost hound is a little less then common as I see many (from different players, of course.).

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
PyromaniacCaleb on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel
guys seraph orthrus and sea dragon are NOT rarest pets. if everyone says them then that means everyone knows about them and their not rare. :P I don't even know what the rarest pet would be cause I don't know them all but my rarest that I have is probably spirit of earth walker

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I say the strom beetle is one of the rarest pets because i have rarly seen it on anybody else but myself

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
if you want to get something to drop (not get in a pack or game card) maybe a forest Cyclops or wildfire treant or firezilla.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
superron1299 on Feb 5, 2011 wrote:
The Stray Piggle
That's probably the most common.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
The Seraph pet most definitely. I've only seen it once or twice.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Cupig I have one and i havent seen anyone else with won since i got mine ;\

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
PyromaniacCaleb on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel
i would have to disagree on a few things. i will not deny you on the highest pedigree because that is by far true. this sea dragon i think has a 70 pedigree and it is a PET DROP! and to me that is insane because i am a huge pet trainer and a warlord and i don't see very many good pets that hit over a 70 pedigree. one big thing that i need to disagree on is that the sea dragon isn't even dropped by the boss Salgio in the chancel. ask anybody. the sea dragon is dropped by the 3 boss battles in the trial of spheres in celestia. (last dungeon in celestia) the another thing that i need to disagree with is that the sea dragon can't be the rarest pet drop in the game because i have about 4 of them in my house from only doing this dungeon about 2 or 3 times when helping friends out

Sarah SparkleCloud 95pet warlord

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
This is woot000 wrote:
How? You get it as your first pet(unless you get it from shared bank) and you can buy it at the pet shop in the shopping district!
He was joking my wizardly person

Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
melman2 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
any one looking to hatch with any pet come looking for me
i been farming for years think i just about got them all
Quinn
Quinn are you still looking to hatch?
I have been trying and trying but no luck i really really would like a clockwork spider also called spider golem

Thank you

Heather Dragonrider

Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
fyromancer on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
I saw really good pets in the crown shop on grub guardian
Hi i have been playing for a few years, and most things say you cannot get another schools school pet like: say your a life wizard and you hatch with a fire helephant and you hatch. it is possible to get another schools pet although you cannot equip it hope this helps some of you wizards > * u * <

Heather D.

oh and also from all you grub guardian fan out there, if you are thinking of using crowns in it by the star and avalon guardians i think they're the best :) hope i help ya

Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
fyromancer on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
I saw really good pets in the crown shop on grub guardian
Hi i have been playing for a few years, and most things say you cannot get another schools school pet like: say your a life wizard and you hatch with a fire helephant and you hatch. it is possible to get another schools pet although you cannot equip it hope this helps some of you wizards > * u * <

Heather D.

oh and also from all you grub guardian fan out there, if you are thinking of using crowns in it by the star and avalon guardians i think they're the best :) hope i help ya

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
Scarecrow pet does not exist.
There is a Scarecrow pet, its just for death school only.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
The Stray Piggle
You get that in the quest to learn about the pet pavilion, and it only has 30 pedigree.
Alexander Wintermender Level 8

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
zamoi on Dec 30, 2010 wrote:
Hi, i was wondering what the rarest pet drop in the game is because i am a BIG collecter and have lots of pets thanks

Blaine DeathBreeze
The best pet are these Sea dragon from last boss in cl Ghost dragon from Nightmare pack

dragon buddy i forgot where to get rescue Rover on a holiday pack i forgot what it was called

Storm beetle you can get a boss drop or a hatch it a rare pet Zeke use to give away

Snow owl is a rare pet on on a holiday it can be bought Snowball is a rare pet only on a holiday it can be bought

Ghost hound from nightmare pack
This all i remember Blaine

Cole drake haven

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
The Stray Piggle
Actually, even though you were joking, you may be right in some terms. Lower levels, no, it isn't rare, but at higher levels it is. That is because there is a difference between the Piggle and the Stray Piggle, the normal Piggle is sold from the shop while the Stray variation is obtained fro a quest, but since it can't be dyed, it's talents are rubbish, and you can't hatch eggs with it, most end up gone. Sure, it isn't the rarest pet, but if your a higher level with one hang on to it. As for the rarest pet I'd have to go with the sheep because only few people have it besides KI staff.