Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Scarecrow pet does not exist.
lvl 58 pet it does now its for death i have a tundra warden ice scarecrow

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
I have changed my mind, rarest pet is Frost (not Ice) Hound. Or the KIfreegames pet, so rare no one knows what it is.

The only KI Free Games pet I've heard about is the Fog Unicorn, but me, my cousin, my friend, and my friend's friend have one so it can't be that rare... I guess what you're talking about is so rare no one knows what it is!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
zamoi wrote:
Hi, i was wondering what the rarest pet drop in the game is because i am a BIG collecter and have lots of pets thanks

Blaine DeathBreeze

I think it would be some time of patriotic leprechaun, since they are retired, i havent seen a ton of people with them, i think i have seen two others then myself.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Survivor
May 30, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
The skeletal pirate is a rare one. I know one person that has it. Another rare one is storm serpent.

i have a storm serpent from somewhere in kt i havent seen any other people with it but i not everywhere at once!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

scarecrows exist i see them million of times

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
mskrbec wrote:
The rarest pet is the death bat it is dropped by Kagemoosha Tree of Life Mooshu ( he is the first form of the death oni ) it takes 17 hours to hatch gives death bat card i currently just got it

i am siding with the seraph people just because i only see a few people with regular seraphs and btw i have six deathbats so it s definetly NOT the rarest pet

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Tobimaro wrote:
I've only seen one of them, but the rarest pet that I have seen was a death beetle (that was not the name, but I do not remember the actual name). She got it for finding some bugs in the game.

I'd like to see someone with a sheep pet. That would be cool.

the death scarab was given of a special promo code and were rare but now they are given in ki games so now they are not as rare

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
lola6247 wrote:
tweetybird18428 wrote:
The skeletal pirate is a rare one. I know one person that has it. Another rare one is storm serpent.

i have a storm serpent from somewhere in kt i havent seen any other people with it but i not everywhere at once!

I have a storm serpent to and i got mine from MB

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
nijac wrote:
iheartcheesypie wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

The rarest pet drop is really the Ianthine Spectre, it's really hard to get dropped without buying it. I heard it's the hardest thing to be dropped. Not the Sea Dragon. People barley even have the Ianthine Spectre. Wizard101 wiki says that this pet is a really rare drop.

Crowns pets are are not rare at all...

They are rare drops though. It's hard to get crowns drops. I've only gotten a few. I'd say a rare pet would be... hm, well the Bronze Oni is kind of hard to get considering it's only acquired by buying it with 750 arena tickets. Or that Magma Colossus for 1,000. Sheep is rarest overall, and you can't get it from hatching.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
From personal experience i would have to say that the life minotaur is one of the most rarest pets, i had to beat Helgrind Warren about 30 times to get him XD

-Logan
lvl 60 diviner

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
rarest pet dropped :) if you ask me, i think to the highest point that the rarest pet dropped is the death bat pet as i have recieved one and i have not seen anyone else with one yet other than myself :-o and as far as the seraph thing going as some people have said is the rarest pet, i have seen a TON of people with seraphs. P.S the death bat was dropped by the boss before the oni in the tree of life dungeon, his name starts with a k ( i forgot ) but i do think the death bat is the rarest pet dropped because i am the only one i have see with it :D :D :D :D and it does give a good card especially to death people like me let me know if you have see anyone else with this pet! :P

Rachel Ghostleaf lvl 48 necromancer and master gardener/ Rachel Icebreaker legendary ice, pet captain

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
1. Sheep
link: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sheep

2. Seraph

Dropped by final boss of Kensington park. Very low drop rate.

The only pet rarer than sheep never made it out of the test realm.
Icezilla
Here is what Greyrose says about this pet

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/22260.ftl

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:

Scarecrow pet very much does exist! My legendary death character has it equiped right now. It gives 1 ominous scarecrow at baby and i got it at level 59 from a quest.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
The Ianthine Spectre isn't that hard to get. I got it on my grandmaster storm the third time I fought the gurtok demon. :D

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I dont think any pet is rare since there probally still many that they have out there that we have not discovered yet. Such as ice bats and Magma man. To actually tell the truth the rarest one right now is fire beetle since no one has it and its a new pet discovery but, If you want the rarest try and see if the spells I just mentioned are real pets and start mixing them like they did with rain beetle. They probally are!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
If you guys want some of the rare pets, go to wizard101 central. Also for all you people who are looking for new hybrids, there is a conversation going on there that you would be interested in. :D

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Is it true that they changed the result of collosus + orthrus mix to frost hound? if it is then you probably can't hatch to get it any more... I would say it is the rarest pet then since the only people that had it would be the ones who previously got it... if that's not true then just ignore this message

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
btw does anyone know what you will get if you hatch a diseased wildclaw with a deseased wildclaw

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
All of you who are commenting on:
Angelocean Said:

look at the date, at that point the scarecrow pet didnt exist.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
chessmaster wrote:
Guys it's hands down the jade oni drops from jade oni.
And Malistaire, jade oni isn't very rare at all. I used to have 7 all from Jade Oni!

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:
luck9 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel

this pet isnt really rare at all you see tons of them everywhere
Duh cause people get them from dragons hoard, crowns shop, celestia, or hatching. as a drop it is RARE!

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
These are VERY rare pets released in 2010, never seen but said to be drops otherwise (Until further notice)

Treant (Currently available from wyvern hoard but otherwise it is almost impossible to get from farming) Dropped by a dude in DS

War Oni (Currently Never been seen but said to be a drop) Dropped by a dude in DS

Myth Lepruchaun (Currently a VERY rare drop) Dropped by someone in DS*

Hope this helped!

*Possibly in MooShu

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
edmtdew wrote:
Luvas wrote:
I say the rarest pet is either the Sheep (Staff-only pet), Pioneer Dragon (Beta Pet), or Frost Hound (Long-retired hybrid).

I've obtained a Seraph myself from hatching so I believe it is not as rare as people say.

OK First Off
Sheep Pet - VIP Pet (KI picks players to have it)
Pioneer Dragon shouldnt have been said, because there is no way for anyone who dont test the game to get it.
Frost Hound - Was a Bug that lasted for about 24 hours, and KI let the pet stay in game. (there are a total of 3 people on Wizard101cental with one)

Now if you would really like to have a Rare Pet, Try for the Fire Beetle in the KIfreegames.com you have to have a very high score.
But if your looking in game I would say NONE!!
Most pets are now hatchable so anyone can get them, if you are a die hard collector like myself then you should go and collect the Promo Pets (unless you have them)
There are also the PVP Pets which I dont see alot of people running around with, might wanna try for them.

Good Day!
The fire beetle for a FACT is a very rare HYBRID! Not a KIFG pet!