Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
egans wrote:
By far the Nightmare! Hands down the Nightmare.
Helephant + Unicorn Hybrid

not plus unicorn hybrid, i pretty sure it is helephant plus normal unicorn. i know it doesnt sound rare because its a hybrid with a unicorn but it is impossible to get when you hatch. i neveer seen any one with it

p.s. it might be retired because i think they said that the only hybrids were between lvl 48 now 58 pets

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
The Storm Hound as a drop from Malistaire was fairly rare, as well as the Death Leprechaun from Vladimir Darkflame. Since both were crowns pets as well though, it is hard to know how rare they were as drops.
The Zombie pet from Lokar in Hall of Valor isn't that rare. Got 2 in 2 battles. I think most people just don't know he is there rather than it being a rare drop.
There are 2 'extra' bosses in Tree of Life that most people skip as well. One (Youkai) drops a Minotaur and the other (Akuji) drops a Red Banshee.
There is an optional boss in Vigrid Roughlands that drops a mustard troll. I haven't seen a lot of those around Wizard City either.
I got 2 pixies from Smogger, but neither had a card. Does he drop 2 versions?
I know the pet drops change from time to time too, so some of those I listed may not be available anymore. I really don't know.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
natenkate wrote:
I got 2 pixies from Smogger, but neither had a card. Does he drop 2 versions?
I know the pet drops change from time to time too, so some of those I listed may not be available anymore. I really don't know.

The wife and I both got pixies about a year ago from Smogger and both have cards. When did you get yours ?

Semper Fi,

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
luck9 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel

this pet isnt really rare at all you see tons of them everywhere

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
I have changed my mind, rarest pet is Frost (not Ice) Hound. Or the KIfreegames pet, so rare no one knows what it is.

What? ive seen tons of these

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Scarecrow pet does not exist.

well it does now lol

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
zamoi wrote:
Hi, i was wondering what the rarest pet drop in the game is because i am a BIG collecter and have lots of pets thanks

Blaine DeathBreeze

Ianthine Spectre, of course!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
The rarest pet is the Sheep since it was staff only. But the rarest hybrid of all is Grove unicorn(Gold Unicorn) which is from a FOG unicorn and any other pet. Though FOG unicorn is quite rare since i dont think the code is available anymore. But yes all three are pretty rare

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
schooling1 wrote:
The rarest pet is the Sheep since it was staff only. But the rarest hybrid of all is Grove unicorn(Gold Unicorn) which is from a FOG unicorn and any other pet. Though FOG unicorn is quite rare since i dont think the code is available anymore. But yes all three are pretty rare

I have seen about 4 FOG unicorns in my time on wizard101, only mutes had them

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Garrett15141 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
I have changed my mind, rarest pet is Frost (not Ice) Hound. Or the KIfreegames pet, so rare no one knows what it is.

What? ive seen tons of these

You really need to read the date of these posts before you reply to them >.> Angelocean posted before they brought the chance to get a Frost Hound hybrid back to the game.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
After the advanced pet update pixie had no card (smogger drop.)
Hardest pet: Tell me: who here has seen the elusive danger hound, or storm beetle? oh, almost forgot: how about the fire bats?
thought so. these are all gifts for major bugs, much like the unstable ones we've been having i hope :D
-Ronan
Oh, almost forgot to mention: i never see one pet. you know what pet that is? myth ghoul. it's not a drop i don't think, but good luck finding someone with one.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
[TheTrueRonan31173 Jul/5/2011 11:21 pm Subject: Re:Rarest Pet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardest pet: Tell me: who here has seen the elusive danger hound, or storm beetle? oh, almost forgot: how about the fire bats?
thought so. these are all gifts for major bugs, much like the unstable ones we've been having i hope
-Ronan
Oh, almost forgot to mention: i never see one pet. you know what pet that is? myth ghoul. it's not a drop i don't think, but good luck finding someone with one.
]

I have a Myth Ghoul wandering the grounds somewhere. Like the Life Troll, which I have as well, you don't see them because although rare, they are WEAK, and so are parked at home.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
luck9 wrote:
The real rarest pet in the game:sea dragon (biggest pedigree)
dropped by Salgio in the Chancel

No, you can buy it. No again, it is dropped from Astraeus, (I got one from him :D) (My friend got too from him! :D :D) No for the third time: MANY, MANY people have them....

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I've only seen one of them, but the rarest pet that I have seen was a death beetle (that was not the name, but I do not remember the actual name). She got it for finding some bugs in the game.

I'd like to see someone with a sheep pet. That would be cool.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
ibeamazing101 wrote:
is the skeletal pirate rare i got it from snow crusher it looks like sergeant skull splitter and it has like 51 pedigree and i have never seen anyone but me with it and when i go to the pet paviollon to train i get a million hatch requests
I got two of them from snowcrusher

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
schooling1 wrote:

I have seen about 4 FOG unicorns in my time on wizard101, only mutes had them

Not to mention the 2 I got from KIFreeGames.Com

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
It depends of the accuracy of more getting the chance or less getting the chance, I seen only less people has seraph pet so I would say seraph pet.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

It is now.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
thought so. these are all gifts for major bugs, much like the unstable ones we've been having i hope :D
-Ronan

i have all of those. Including myth ghoul. The rarest pet in my opinion is that of the inferno salamander. Not that a lot of people have it, but that it's a challenge to get, the WHOLE Tomb of the Beguiler dungeon. So strenuous. Also the seraph but it's way easier to do kensington at the level you get the "The Grind Routine" quest. Tomb of the Beguiler now that's a challenge at the level you get that quest.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
iheartcheesypie wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

That actually is not true, the rarest pet is a sheep. Only wizard 101 workers and people who recieve special gifts from workers can obtain it. Sadly it has an extremely low pedigree and terrible stats. The sea dragon is also a rare DROP item. It only drops from bosses in Trial OfSpheres

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Angelocean wrote:

Got a Fog Unicorn from the KIfreegames :)

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

I must be really lucky then! I got one as a drop from him in only 10 tries!
(P.S., the Ianthine spectre used to be the rarest, untill Ki made it obtainable in the crowns shop. :x :( :x

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:

Yes it does! You can get it by getting to level 58 in the death school! :x

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
nijac wrote:
iheartcheesypie wrote:

The rarest pet drop is really the Ianthine Spectre, it's really hard to get dropped without buying it. I heard it's the hardest thing to be dropped. Not the Sea Dragon. People barley even have the Ianthine Spectre. Wizard101 wiki says that this pet is a really rare drop.

Wizard101 wiki isn't complete compared to Wizard101 CENTRAL wiki.