Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does Headmaster Ambrose want?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
Okay, so today I was playing on my Life wizard. Just leveling him up and such. However, when I reached Level 25, I received a Tutorial Tip from Headmaster Ambrose asking me to return to his office because he had something important to give me. But, when I returned to his office, I spoke to him, and all he said was the usual "The Spiral is in trouble, you must continue to help" speech. There wasn't a Quest Icon above his head either. I just want to know why he called me for absolutely no reason at all. This has happened on more than one occasion, too. This also occurred when I was using my Death wizard. He called me to his office, and had absolutely nothing whatsoever to say. KingsIsle, I know that this is a minor bug, but I would really like to see it fixed as an attempt to make Wizard101 even greater than it already is.

Kyle ShadowStaff,
Grandmaster Necromancer
Devin SpiritRider,
Adept Theurgist

Administrator
Headmaster Ambrose wants you to read the Frequently Asked Questions section of the message boards:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29105.ftl
Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
that happened to me allot to but i believe professer greyrose because merle is always the same :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Professor Ambrose will call you in at just about every multiple of 5 level starting with level 25. When you arrive, he has nothing to tell you. Some think that Mr. Ambrose is just checking on you to make sure you're still around, others believe that he's getting up in years and forgets what he wanted you for. Technically, it's a game bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
well if you are using a different computer than you what you were using last time you played on wizard101 when you lvl up it will always show you the ambrose icon on the side even if it means nothing

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
lol when the head master calls you back with nothing to do he wants to give you a break and for you to get up and walk for a minute and to get something to eat...

can not have wizards starving them selves for sake of the quest
can we now....

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
9crash97 wrote:
Okay, so today I was playing on my Life wizard. Just leveling him up and such. However, when I reached Level 25, I received a Tutorial Tip from Headmaster Ambrose asking me to return to his office because he had something important to give me. But, when I returned to his office, I spoke to him, and all he said was the usual "The Spiral is in trouble, you must continue to help" speech. There wasn't a Quest Icon above his head either. I just want to know why he called me for absolutely no reason at all. This has happened on more than one occasion, too. This also occurred when I was using my Death wizard. He called me to his office, and had absolutely nothing whatsoever to say. KingsIsle, I know that this is a minor bug, but I would really like to see it fixed as an attempt to make Wizard101 even greater than it already is.

Kyle ShadowStaff,
Grandmaster Necromancer
Devin SpiritRider,
Adept Theurgist
He wanted you for a grizzelheim quest at that level. The reason he didnt give you the quest is because you didnt complete the part of grizzelheim Merle told you before.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
woot000 wrote:
9crash97 wrote:

Kyle ShadowStaff,
Grandmaster Necromancer
Devin SpiritRider,
Adept Theurgist
He wanted you for a grizzelheim quest at that level. The reason he didnt give you the quest is because you didnt complete the part of grizzelheim Merle told you before.

Hmm, that could be why... It kinda makes sense too LOL. With my Life character, I don't usually quest in Grizzleheim because of the low XP and the uselessness to the story. Not that Grizzleheim isn't a great World, because it is, and I love the theme of it, XD. Thanks for your reply. :)

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
colagada wrote:
Professor Ambrose will call you in at just about every multiple of 5 level starting with level 25. When you arrive, he has nothing to tell you. Some think that Mr. Ambrose is just checking on you to make sure you're still around, others believe that he's getting up in years and forgets what he wanted you for. Technically, it's a game bug that hasn't been fixed yet.
well he is over a thousand years old