Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden Imps!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I am having a SERIOUS garden imp problem! I have at least 2 everyday! Once I came back for the first time that day and had 2 of them on my plants, thankfully the plants were close together so I was able to take them both out at once. Then about 3 minutes later one appeared on my trumpet vine! There went 50/70 energy. They ought to reduce the frequency of these pests.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Agreed, I deal with 2-3 imps and/or explosion bugs every day. My only suggestion: Plant in circles so that you can nail ALL your plants with one spell. It's a pain when your plant is ready to harvest and you have to wait 5 hours to get the energy to clear a pest, but also keep in mind that it takes quite a long time for pests and/or needs to kill of a plant. Specially the hardier ones like fly traps.

Duncan J
Lvl 54 Conjurer
Master Gardener

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
hobi wrote:
the imps love flytraps
oh great i just bought a fly trap i'm in for a treat now :( :(

Hero
May 27, 2009
Maybe you're checking those plants too often. If a plant gets a pest, it's not going to die or even wilt within a couple of hours (at least, mine never have). Especially a plant close to becoming Elder, if you leave its needs un-addressed, it may just go Elder and you won't even have to spend Energy on it at all.

As for Fly Traps, the early stages seem to be the most needy. Since the second harvest, my Frozen and Deadly Fly traps have only gotten pests once, but before that, it seemed like every day.

Just like a new mom needs to learn not to freak out over every noise the new baby makes, we have to learn how to give our plants enough care without exhausting our Energy in the process.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Yea without pest swap or what ever its impossible hope you got 25,000 gold buddy :(