Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strong Spell (sun school)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
There is a spell called strong. I bought it in hopes that it would power up my Death spell, but sadly it only powers up attacks. Death spells are Steal health spells, so they cannot be affected by this spell. I would like to change it, but don't know how. I figured that you guys could do something. Comment if you agree or know something that I don't.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It sounds like you bought a damage increasing spell and was surprised that it only increased damage of attacks.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Strong (up to Gargantuan) and other Sun school power-boosting spells don't work on life-stealing spells (Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, Scarecrow). It will work on spells like Wraith or any spell represented by a fist on the spell card.

As far as what you can do about it, the only two options are to keep the spell or go to Mr. Lincoln and fork over about 4,000+ crowns to re-train your secondary spells. If you have the Crowns, the latter may not be a bad idea, if you want to re-train more than just the one spell.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
markers99 wrote:
There is a spell called strong. I bought it in hopes that it would power up my Death spell, but sadly it only powers up attacks. Death spells are Steal health spells, so they cannot be affected by this spell. I would like to change it, but don't know how. I figured that you guys could do something. Comment if you agree or know something that I don't.

you cant use it on wraith vampire or ghoul, at least i think thats how it goes, but you can on the other spells

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Angelocean, you never seem to get the point. I've read several of your comments and they all read like "well, guess it sucks for you sucker". If you can't make a constructive comment or put up some argument (or at the very least be nice), then simply don't post.

Back to the topic, I think whether Strong buffs drain spells or not should match Balanceblade and Spirit Blade, since those two also have only the fist symbol. Hence Sun school spells should buff up drain spells as well.

Actually I have one direct suggestion: replace all drain (broken heart) symbols with the fist symbol. Right now the broken heart symbol causes inconsistencies, and there seems to be no spell that deals with only drain spells. Just the fist is good; a lot of fist spells do a lot of extra things (stunning, debuffing, etc), and I'm sure healing is an acceptable extra effect, too.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
i agree entirely that the sun school buffing spells should affect drain spells. even if death has to give up our ability to go around absorb type shields i would rather that than have to fork over a whole lot of crowns to fix the problem