Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best wizard build for group play?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
A friend and I enjoy playing together, but we are often online at different times, so we are not always on the same quest. We would like to create a two person wizard "team" to quest together. He is set on Storm and I want to know what school I can play that would compliment that.

Our current wizards are lvl. 52 Balance and Fire. Neither of us has a second school, since we tend to spend our training points on "skills" like Feint and Tower Shield. We enjoy working the two schools together to create a solid team. We tend to keep lean decks. We are both new to Wizard 101, so other than our own schools, we really don't know much about the other spells that would compliment our primary choice.

Any recomendations for a solid build, from class, spells, gear, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Invest is the Sun or Star school spells. You can't make wizards in them, but they are greatr secondaries once you find the trainers outside the CL base camp.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Thank you for the advice. I just started CL with my Pyromancer, and am looking forward to the boost from the sun school.

What we want to do, however, is start a new wizard team, from scratch, and only do the quests together. My friend will be Storm, so I would like opinions as to a good school to play, as I battle with him. I was sort of thinking of Death, Life or Balance.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
hhb123 wrote:
Thank you for the advice. I just started CL with my Pyromancer, and am looking forward to the boost from the sun school.

What we want to do, however, is start a new wizard team, from scratch, and only do the quests together. My friend will be Storm, so I would like opinions as to a good school to play, as I battle with him. I was sort of thinking of Death, Life or Balance.

all have their pros and cons:
LIFE
Pros: healing since storm is weak in the life field
Cons: not able to kill as easy
DEATH
Pros:average health with one healing spell that i know of with steal
Cons: a greedy wizard
BALANCE
Pros:the ability to shield the storm wizard against everything but balance (it does not have a shield) as well as trap and heal
Cons: weak does not last long in a pvp fight

over all i think life would be the best with balance as the secondary

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
hhb123 wrote:
A friend and I enjoy playing together, but we are often online at different times, so we are not always on the same quest. We would like to create a two person wizard "team" to quest together. He is set on Storm and I want to know what school I can play that would compliment that.

Our current wizards are lvl. 52 Balance and Fire. Neither of us has a second school, since we tend to spend our training points on "skills" like Feint and Tower Shield. We enjoy working the two schools together to create a solid team. We tend to keep lean decks. We are both new to Wizard 101, so other than our own schools, we really don't know much about the other spells that would compliment our primary choice.

Any recomendations for a solid build, from class, spells, gear, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, Life or Balance would be the most beneficial for group play. I would recommend you create a Balance wizard, though. Here's some tips on secondary schools/spells:
For the Balance )
- Death to Feint.
* The rest is entirely up to you. Balance has a bit of everything, so other than the Feint, you're all set.
For the Storm )
- Life to Satyr.
- Ice to Tower.

Balance does not need Tower because it has the Spirit and Elemental shields. Storm does not need Feint, because it's damage is already great. With those secondary spells, you two should make a fine team.