Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the CL schools worth waiting for?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
I am only in Mooshu right now but I have a few friends in Celestia and they're always talking about the new star moon and sun spells and usually using them in battles (whether they need to or not) So the last thing I bought with my training points were the triple blades you can get in KT. I don't have anything else really that I want to use training points on, so I was wondering if I should save up for the new CL spells. Are they really that useful, or would I be better off with something I could find from the normal schools?

Thanks in advance

Christina Skyblade lvl 35 conjurer

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Well, it depends. I think Moon magic is helpful when you cant heal, and you can turn into a tree and heal. Star and Sun magic are mainly for boosting your spells or your ways of combat.
So if you are bad at healing or favor the magic of Polyporh, use moon magic.
If you want easy boosts that dont cost pips to put on your damage spells, use sun magic.
If you want cool looking shielding or boosting or critical boosting then i would use Star.
-luna0616

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
Rubywolff wrote:
I am only in Mooshu right now but I have a few friends in Celestia and they're always talking about the new star moon and sun spells and usually using them in battles (whether they need to or not) So the last thing I bought with my training points were the triple blades you can get in KT. I don't have anything else really that I want to use training points on, so I was wondering if I should save up for the new CL spells. Are they really that useful, or would I be better off with something I could find from the normal schools?

Thanks in advance

Christina Skyblade lvl 35 conjurer
well later in the game you should consider getting them because they are useful but here is how i see it: moon is basically just a backup incase you run out of cards or something Star: increases your stats or your defense Sun: increases your accuracy/attack

so just think that they are like add ons to the game

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
My friend beat celestia and leanrs from the celestia schools.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Depends on the type of player you are actually.

Since you are in Moo Shu, ask yourself a question:

Q: Do I rely on my school's spells plus healing?
N: I use lots of other spells because they are neat but inefficent.
>>>> Don't get the spells, spend them on fun spells.

Y: I milk my school's spells for all the damage I can, you can't use pips with the other school's, so why???
>>>> You will love the spells. Pop off a 0-pip spell that feeds you back pips, or boosts your damage, or increases your crit rating, etc. Most of us are saving for our big spells (6-8 pip), so a free crit boost (which can double your damage) is pretty much a no-brainer. Run out of Spells in a long battle, 'morph and get a fresh deck, etc.