Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Annoyances of Wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I have one character, Death school, I am kind of new. ( I am level 20- 23) I have found a few Annoyances of this game. Perhaps someone will read this and fix some of the problems. First, lets start with Wizard City. When you get into Nightside, the place behind the waterfall, Sunken City should be easier! I know you are supposed to do it with other people, but no one EVER wants to go there. I bet you, whoever is reading this, if you have friends who have done it before they will say, " No way! I defeated it once, I'm not going in there again!" The people who have done it before are more likely NOT to fail. By the way, I hate trying to play the game with other players! They are nice, but still! Anyway, let's move on. In Kroktopia, I have found the tracker doesn't work as well and has some glitches. The only problem I have in Grizzleham is that are no sidewalks!!!!!!! I mean, couldnt you at least have sidewalks? Especially in the areas where there are literially mobs of enemies! I hate getting pulled unexpectedly into fights. Is there any way to stop that? And in other places with sidewalks, enemies walk to close to the sidewalks and you get pulled into a fight.
This message is not meant to bash Wizard 101, it is truly a great game! :D
Comment of you agree or protest anything in this, or post other annoyances!
Thanks,
Nicole NightWhisper, Death Student

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
nikkiwhitetail wrote:
I have one character, Death school, I am kind of new. ( I am level 20- 23) I have found a few Annoyances of this game. Perhaps someone will read this and fix some of the problems. First, lets start with Wizard City. When you get into Nightside, the place behind the waterfall, Sunken City should be easier! I know you are supposed to do it with other people, but no one EVER wants to go there. I bet you, whoever is reading this, if you have friends who have done it before they will say, " No way! I defeated it once, I'm not going in there again!" The people who have done it before are more likely NOT to fail. By the way, I hate trying to play the game with other players! They are nice, but still! Anyway, let's move on. In Kroktopia, I have found the tracker doesn't work as well and has some glitches. The only problem I have in Grizzleham is that are no sidewalks!!!!!!! I mean, couldnt you at least have sidewalks? Especially in the areas where there are literially mobs of enemies! I hate getting pulled unexpectedly into fights. Is there any way to stop that? And in other places with sidewalks, enemies walk to close to the sidewalks and you get pulled into a fight.
Thanks,

Your 1st complain- I agree. I completed Sunken City already (and a long time ago) and now I'm like "heck i'm not going in there anymore" unless it's helping a friend (that doesn't have anyone else helping, or needs a healer) or for a quest. And i'm a level 38!! I guess you can say i'm not a big fan of Sunken City, and so are a lot of people.

Your 2nd- I haven't has any problems in Mooshu. Yet.

Your 3rd- I agree. Some places are nightmares when you try to cross it. (Ex. Boar Camp)
And wait until you get to Marleybone. The only crossing-thingies are planks. No sidewalks in the mob area. (I'm not saying there's NO sidewalks, it's like, ramp with planks on the left and right side only, not in the middle of the ramp, then the mob-area rooftops with no planks on the rooftop, then ramp with side planks again.) I seriously hated crossing MB rooftops. :?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
It took me 5 whole hours to solo sunken city on my grand! its like imposbile at that level....

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
well honestly i didnt like to do sunken city i mean the grubb has 1,000 health and what if a low health person goes in by there self and i mean your not gonna defeat it if you low lvl because you barely have any health

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
If you need help with Sunken City, just hang around in Nightside and ask, I gather mandrake in Nightside pretty often and have done Sunken City 4-5 times a day when someone asks for help, my only requirement is "I get the mandrake". We even "clear the streets" sometimes, that's a weird feeling when you walk back out after Grubb and the streets are empty.

Look for Logan Skullrider (53 Balance), if I'm there, I'll do it.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Okay, listen.
1st complaint: You must know that you CANNOT defeat a world all in solo! Its not like nobody has the same quest to go to sunken city, and its NOT like nobody wants to help you like you said in the complaint- there are plenty of people who agreed to help me when i first had the quest.
2nd complaint: This is a game with more than FIVE MILLION PLAYERS. Its a game for family, kids and adults. If you dont want to play a game with other players, then thats truly your problem that Kingsisle cannot do anything about because its originally a crowded game, and will always be. I dont understand how you dont like playing with other players when your first complaint was about not enough players wanting to help you...
3rd complaint: I cant really say anything about this, because you need to explain more about the glitches in the tracker.
4th complaint: There ARE sidewalks. In Grizzlehiem, there are places for you to run past the bosses, they are just invisible. If you stay right by the side of the road, then you most likely wont get caught. If the bosses are too powerful for you, than you should probably be in a world your level. In marleybone, all you have to do is stay behind the bosses and just TRY not to get caught. Marleybone has worked for many others, and i guarentee (sorry for my spelling) that you can live through it.
-Mary Ravengem, Balance, Death, Star, Sun, lvl 60
-Luna0616

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
OK sunken city is a side quest so it doesnt matter. THERE SHOULDNT be sidewalks because there needs to be a challenge. And yes sometimes stuff gets glitchy.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
nikkiwhitetail wrote:
Thanks,

Hi Nicole,

I have been playing since July. When i first started I was overwhelmed by how hard everything seemed to be and navigating the social environment of wizard101. Now I have a legendary life wizard, a level 21 myth wizard, and a death wizard that is still pretty low level. Nothing seems too hard and I have done sunken city so many times I can't even count them. I have so many good friends now! Some of them were people that seemed really close for a while and then we drifted apart, or they deleted me for whatever reason, or we just didn't like each other, but a few have been really good friends for the long haul. It took me awhile to find them but having them makes playing so fun and a lot easier. We quest together, help each other, and help other players.

In GH, stay to the far side of enemy areas. Often there are little rocks that 'outline' what would normally be the sidewalks.

I too dislike MB. It is my least favorite place. I don't like being pulled in all the time and I don't like the colors- how grey and drab everything is, or the 'squareness' of everything.

But here is my persepective on being pulled in: if this wasn't a cartoon fantasy game and it was real life and you were running through enemy territory, you would be attacked and ambushed by enemies. I think that is what this is simulating.

Good luck and I hope you continue enjoy playing!

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
It took me 5 whole hours to solo sunken city on my grand! its like imposbile at that level....

Wow you must have a bad strategy.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
might i remind you, Sunken City is 100% optional. I didn't do it until I got to level 35, and I soloed it.

for GH, take a few seconds to map out the paths of the enemies

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

You love to make stuff up huh?

Survivor
May 03, 2010
With Sunken City, I believe only one thing needs to be changed: The game should warn you that this dungeon is gonna be HARD HARD HARD, not just "hard". Give players reasonable information so they can be prepared: new players will never be able to know that Sunken City will be hard and Palace of Fire will be easy. I think this is only fair, but now all dungeons simply say "beware, it's a dungeon" and the real hard ones don't stand out. Same goes with Tomb of the Beguiler and especially, Kensington Park, which are the most difficult areas (at the level when you get the quests).

What makes Sunken City so bad is not the boss HP, as even a boss with 3k (and 30k for you grands) health can be taken down if it's left alone. The worst part about Sunken City is that you have to deal with 3 mobs at once, both on street and in towers. If one pip equals about 100 damage, then you're looking at 300 damage on you a turn on average. (Non-Life) Pixie can no longer keep you healthy here, since in every two turns you're taking ~600 damage, so if you don't kill at least one of them soon, they'll eventually take you down. Eventually as in pretty fast. With two teammates it's much, much better (it's 3v4), and with a full team it's a breeze. Just remember to heal often, and don't get seperated into two fights.

If you do want to solo, wait til you're around level 30 or 35. Death has a easier time soloing because of the self heal, but always put Death Prism first on death mobs.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
af6at wrote:
If you need help with Sunken City, just hang around in Nightside and ask, I gather mandrake in Nightside pretty often and have done Sunken City 4-5 times a day when someone asks for help, my only requirement is "I get the mandrake". We even "clear the streets" sometimes, that's a weird feeling when you walk back out after Grubb and the streets are empty.

what serever beacause i want to go in there and see what goodies i can get. plus i cant do this thing for the life of me.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I have just recently become annoyed with Wizard 101. Has anyone else noticed that minions have become almost useless?
I have a death minion, and if i only use 2pips or less it has always used low level spells and been stupid, but when I used at least 3Pips it was great at slowly killing the bad guy. Now it doesn't matter if I use 2 or 10, he mostly uses firelfs, taunt and puts up death bubbles. Every now and then he might use a goul or vampire in a fight, but only one or two in the entire fight. The taunts are useless, and the death bubbles hurt me more than they do the bad guys.
Before when I put out a low level minion, I got firelves, but I also got spells equal with the level of minion I put out. I wish they would change my minions back to useful fighting partners. I was so excited when I first got the minion card, now it is only usefull to draw fire from other characters.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
sunken city is not a quest required to move the story along therefore you can wait on it till you're at a level where you feel comfortable tackling it. I myself put it off awhile and did it solo at level 25 with no problems. If you want to go earlier and look for help thats your call but there is no need to get bent out of shape over the difficulty of a lower level "optional" quest.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I did Sunken City with my friend when we were lvl 15 and 16.

Its definitely not as hard as you make it seem.

Just keep one guy in the battle,

(ex, if you run out of mana, flee, let your partner waste a few turns while you collect, port back, and rinse and repeat.)

As for the sidewalks, get used to it. In MB you gotta shoot the gaps on the rooftops, and it relies entirely on luck if you get through, xD

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
af6at wrote:

The thing is for me in Sunken City, there's a BIG glitch! Whenever I'm walking on the sidewalks in there, I get pulled into battle! Can you believe it? The sidewalks don't work! If anyone else has this problem PLEASE quote and reply.

-Emma Starcatcher, Lvl. 31 Balance 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
sms333 wrote:
af6at wrote:

The thing is for me in Sunken City, there's a BIG glitch! Whenever I'm walking on the sidewalks in there, I get pulled into battle! Can you believe it? The sidewalks don't work! If anyone else has this problem PLEASE quote and reply.

Its supposed to do that. Its been proven that Kingsisle wants you to get in that first battle. No matter how many people you're with, you will give 4 of those Lost Soul's.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
SuprSyzeDat wrote:
sms333 wrote:
af6at wrote:

Its supposed to do that. Its been proven that Kingsisle wants you to get in that first battle. No matter how many people you're with, you will give 4 of those Lost Soul's.

Ummm sorry, but I can't say I agree there at all. Sunken city USED to do that to me but when I went into there recently to help out the newbies I(which I agree it's ridiculously hard for someone who first gets the quest) was able to walk right up to martha (or whatever her name was ) and continue.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Londonl wrote:
I have just recently become annoyed with Wizard 101. Has anyone else noticed that minions have become almost useless?
I have a death minion, and if i only use 2pips or less it has always used low level spells and been stupid, but when I used at least 3Pips it was great at slowly killing the bad guy. Now it doesn't matter if I use 2 or 10, he mostly uses firelfs, taunt and puts up death bubbles. Every now and then he might use a goul or vampire in a fight, but only one or two in the entire fight. The taunts are useless, and the death bubbles hurt me more than they do the bad guys.
Before when I put out a low level minion, I got firelves, but I also got spells equal with the level of minion I put out. I wish they would change my minions back to useful fighting partners. I was so excited when I first got the minion card, now it is only usefull to draw fire from other characters.

I agree with you completely. Especially with the higher pip death minion.
It is as useless as the spectral minion for balance. And you are quite correct about the taunts and death bubbles. They do more damage to you than the enemy. If you are going to have a minion, they should be fighting minions as those of your enemy is a fighting minion. Not one that just taunts.
I like to solo occasionally, but with this minion, what is the use. If they can't be of more use in battle, then there is no point in using it.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
nikkiwhitetail wrote:
Thanks,

Dear Nicole,

Being that you are a new wizard, I can certainly understand your concerns and annoyances over some things. Keep in mind that if everything in Wizard101 were easy, then you would not continue to play and pay your subscriptions or crowns. So, KI does make some things harder than others. Don't you like a little challenge??? lol

As for sunken city, I have done that place hundreds of times. If you hang around and ask people for help, most will help you. There are many, many nice wizards running around the game. If you find it hard to ask people for help now or you like playing alone, you will never make it in the higher worlds, especially Celestia. You absolutely can not solo that world. So, you must ask people for help or take people with you to those fights in Celestia. KI has set this game up in a way that requires social networking. If you are not one to be social, then maybe this game is not for you.

If you ever need help, and see me around, please don't ever hesitate to ask me for help.

Good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Rylee Dreameyes
Legendary Sorcerer
Grandmaster Artisian
Master Gardner

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
Yes, Sunken City is a little on the difficult side for the levels that get the quest( I believe around 11 or 12). But it's possible they wouldn't make it that difficult if the Wizard101 company didn't have absolute confident in us. In Krokatopia the tracker fails and points you in the wrong direction. That's why I only use the map when I'm there. In Grizzleheim, there aren't any sidewalks but just walking as close as you can to the rocks or wall or whatever will still keep you safe.

Historian
May 28, 2009
nikkiwhitetail wrote:
Thanks,

Well, I can do Sunken City if you need. 'O course, there's really not many side walks in GH. But that because that a forest. And it will get no longer original if is all made of side walks and road.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
nikkiwhitetail wrote:
Thanks,

1st complain - sunken city is intended to be hard on purpose and is not really supposed to be for your level at that time. the tomb of the beguiler and kensington park are also intended to be a lot harder dungeons.

2nd complaint - well can't say anything except that before that thing was there i beat the game so don't go complaining and just use the map THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR.

3rd complaint - idk why GH is made for level 20 because really, the whole world is just WAY TO HARD most people do it around grand because it's great to farm.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Marleybone is not as hard as you people make it seem, there are sides of the building where the enemy doesn't walk. Stick to them and when you go up the planks, just stay to the left of them and you'll be fine.