Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

skeletal dragon sheild bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
ok, this is weird, and one thing that is majorly overlooked, but if you put up a shield and then skeletal dragon hits, you take less damage from the dot, i have noticed this many of times, i usually hit for 1500-1600 with my clothes, but i have noticed on many times that if there is a shield on a enemie, then it affects all the damage, not just the initial

take this as a example: i used garatium(the sun +225 spell, sorry if i mispelled) and a blade, before, he used a spirit shield, i hit for about 220 on the initial, which i can understand, that is about what i hit with my clothes, and the blade is about almost half, and then that enchantment, but then the next turn comes, he takes around 400, which i usually do without blade and enchantment

i have noticed this multiple times, with also tower, death, and life and myth sets of shields, all the while, the enemie doesnt have a resist, i am going to experemetn with a friend to see if this is true or just me, but please, if it is a bug, fix it

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
All dots are affected by this. Otherwise your blades and traps wouldnt carry over either.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
All dots are affected by this. Otherwise your blades and traps wouldnt carry over either.

Ok, I have not looked into this, but I will now that I have heard about it. However, Wiler, what and why are you posting? Do you even understand the complaint or the issue? A shield works for 1 turn, not 4!

Why people will use DOT spells! Blades carry over time, but not traps, you have to set traps again for each and every round. But Blades and Equipment stats do carry over the rounds. So, you should see those in damage each round, not the shield. I will check it out!

Please, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't post, you only cloud the issue with gibberish and nothing will get done.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:

Actually that's not true. DoT damage is affected by blades, but shield and trap changes are turn by turn so if a shield is knocking down damage for every turn, then something is wrong.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:

Blades carry over but traps and shields don't. For example, whenever the opponent uses a fire elf and I have a tower shield up it only lowers the initial damage, the DoT part does the normal amount of damage. Whenever I use Skeletal Dragon the traps don't carry over round after round.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
No they carry over from the starting damage. I have a fire wizard so i know.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I don't have skeletal dragon. I do have poison, since poison is the other death dot you may want to see how shields affect poison. Cast poison with the same set ups. If the poison dot is not reduced by the shields then you have a pretty strong argument.

though I guess fire wizards would also know how shields and dot interact...

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
zebulous wrote:
I don't have skeletal dragon. I do have poison, since poison is the other death dot you may want to see how shields affect poison. Cast poison with the same set ups. If the poison dot is not reduced by the shields then you have a pretty strong argument.

though I guess fire wizards would also know how shields and dot interact...

poison doesnt do this, i have used poison many of times when i have a blade up and dont want to waste it when a shield gets thrown up, and i have a fire that has fire elf, and i have not noticed a decrease in damage with dot with a shield

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
well, i was finally able to test this out, and it seems to be fixed, either that, or i was just going crazy, well, guess this is a load off my mind