Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt and Judgement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Everyone seems to be in an uproar about the demoting of the Wild Bolt spell and the still-powerful Judgment. It seems to me that both spells should be observed. Lets not whine and complain about how these spells are treated and instead come up with a compromise.

Starting with Wild Bolt: Diviners, it IS NOT the end of the world. I must say that Wild Bolt is in general a very rigged spell, I have gone up against many people in PvP that would have been an even match for me only to die within four turns from a feint and a Wild Bolt with blades and stabilizers. True, some people only used it as a last-ditch effort to live, but far too many people abused its power and made it their only attack spell. It was two pips, and with a balance and storm on same team not counting gear it could be raised to 30% and tried until succeeded. I have storm as a secondary school and I have beaten people my level (34) with only cards I got from training points and maybe a blade or two. However I'm am upset with the fixed version, its useless and is a waste of power for a Storm wizard. I think KI should remove the spell completely and with help from the community make a spell to replace it that does more realistic damage and has a better chance of succeeding.

Judgment: I myself am a Sorcerer, but I use Judgment almost completely for PvE and at sometimes in a 4v4 PvP. I agree that usually Balance wizards that get it use it far too often in PvP, but only because the strategy worked so well. Only Tower Shield, Anti-Blades, and gear can reduce the damage, but the Sorcerer has to build up pips to use it. If you make them heal and use up pips, Judgment does no real damage. And once used, the Sorcerer has no pips to do anything with.

Some of you might complain that I said people abused Wild Bolt too often and only vaguely mentioned it about Judgment. I repeat, Wild Bolt is 2 pips for 1000 damage and Judgment is 5+ pips for 1000+ damage. And Wild Bolt can have any number of blades and traps applied to it.