Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some confusion wrt buying Wizard 101 gifts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Hi,

I'm an older player and was in Kmart earlier today. While bravely battling back waves of unspeakable monsters , I over heard a rather plaintive cry. A female voice was trying to explain to another female voice that a certain nephew had been VERY good that year. The nephew did not want call of duty nor anything "stupid" but only wanted some time cards for wizard 101 which said nephew's teacher approved of.

Said woman was clearly at her wits end finding these cards; in fact she was fairly certain she unclear what she was even looking for. She had found some cards, but the wrong ones (aion, Free Relams, Gaia and Gpotato). After hearing her, I introduced my self and told her that local gamestop, one of two local walmarts , and rite-aid all sold the cards. She asked why cards were better then money in his account and I explained that you get neat extras for using cards vs just paying irl money for in game play time or in game money. She looked haggered and a tad annoyed (it's clearly been too much shopping and I complete empathize) so I explained that if she visited wizard101 she could buy an email gift certificate and be done with it.

After this conversation, it occurred to me it would be a really nice idea to have someplace on your site that clearly and cleanly explained how to buy wizard 101 services (no need to explain game time vs game money) and list the methods and their comparative perks so that someone who plays your game can point a non computer user to single approachable site to get a player a gift.

Im not certain how this would implemented, weather it's email that a user could send to a prospective benefactor or a link off your main site (e.g. Looking to gift time, click HERE). However the information was delivered it would be really nice if the information could lead to a map that the user could customize to the closet store (s) that sold time cards perhaps mapped as close to home or close to work.

I can say that my other half found your site VERY confusing and never did find the pictures of the time cards nor the retailers that sold them. He recounted later to me he remembered the NAME wizard 101 and found some kids at a local store one of whom recalled seeing the cards in rite aid and game stop.

Yours

Gabriel something or other.
Or whatever my name is today

P.S. Since it was a Christmas gift my other half was unwilling to check with me, wanting to surprise me. I've since shown him the site and he's indicated that upon seeing it he is no more informed then before since all he needed to know was "go buy a $10 or a $20 for a few stores don't spend too much in one store since the extra goodies are store specific"