Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafted Lvl 55 wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
For the time and money and/or friend help to make the lvl 55 staffs, they should be better. I think they should give a 130 hit and 50 crit not a 110 hit and 30 crit. why craft something that is worse than the wand your given as a quest reward for free? plz fix this. the crafting community agrees.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
The KI people cant do that because it would be unfair. A lot of people don't want to be crafters so they cant make the wands. So it would be pretty unfair.

Defender
May 31, 2010
GreyG wrote:
The KI people cant do that because it would be unfair. A lot of people don't want to be crafters so they cant make the wands. So it would be pretty unfair.

Not so sure I can agree with this. How do you account for the crafted gear and decks? To me, they are better than the level 58. I keep both level 58 gear, and the level 55 crafted gear. I only wear the level 58 when I need the shields. To me the 55 is better for all around attacking.

Not sure if I agree that it is unfair. Because anyone can earn the crafting badges. Also there is special gear/pets as rewards for PvP and pet derby. Would you consider those rewards unfair too, because not everyone wants to play those games?

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:
GreyG wrote:

Not so sure I can agree with this. How do you account for the crafted gear and decks? To me, they are better than the level 58. I keep both level 58 gear, and the level 55 crafted gear. I only wear the level 58 when I need the shields. To me the 55 is better for all around attacking.

Not sure if I agree that it is unfair. Because anyone can earn the crafting badges. Also there is special gear/pets as rewards for PvP and pet derby. Would you consider those rewards unfair too, because not everyone wants to play those games?

This marks a very good point. As it turns out, I am one of the players who doesnt like/want to PvP at all. So wouldnt it be unfair that i cant get that Kyanite Trophy cause i dont PvP? If we fix this, the same concept would come into play. Those who dont want to PvP/Craft dont get the rewards and people who do get those nice things.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I totally agree! If you work to make these staffs/wands they should be better than the ones that you receive from the quest, not worse. Please consider this KI!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010

And these recipes are NOT easy to make. So like most folks here, I also agree that the stats for the crafted items should be at least a little better than what we can get from the quest.

Oh, and p.s. my wand looks like a flashlight. Can KI change that? It looks goofy and unweildy.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
The whole point after working so hard to become grandmaster artisan is to be able craft items which are better than other that you can buy easy at bazaar. I do not use my badge anymore because I found that this achievement is mean-less since i got better gear from bazaar and boss drops.

they 55lvl gear is badly lacking of power pip chance. they only reason to wear it is to get better success rate with spells.

my suggestion:
why not to allow for grandmaster artisan to make epic gear with a restriction of "NO PVP"? so anyone who equip even one part of it will not be able to registrar for PVP match till he remove it.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
i would like to see the stats on the lvl 55 crafted wand Raised, all the lvl 55 crafted clothes and decks are imo better then the lvl 58 gear, so why not make the wand just as equal to the rest of the crafted gear . i wear the lvl 55 crafted death clothes and deck and would like to craft the wand But only if they change its stats.

Defender
May 17, 2009
GreyG wrote:

Look, just because you guys don't want to work hard, you don't get to stop those of us who do work hard from getting something we earned by doing the crafting quest.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Completely agree! Why spend time farming regents to craft a weaker wand than what's available at the bazaar? Grandmaster artisans go through alot of trouble getting to where they are and deserve, at least, a better looking wand with equal stats. Pls change this KI.