Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Rooftops of Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
saamoz610 wrote:
This is what i do. whenever i gt pulled into a battle, i press escape and quit, then wait 10 seconds to let the bad guy go away and then press play.it only works about half of the time but in my opinion it is better than fleeing every time.

Jose Titandreamer Level 29 Pyromancer

Thats what i do to.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
You cqn leave marks you know.

Actually, this was back when we couldn't mark, but why should I have to pay for a sidewalk flaw?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
dragonSSO wrote:
my theory actually works, i dont always like to get roped into a battle, it just gives a little challenge, try my theory, it works.

-dragonSSO, legendary pyromancer

Obviously your "theory" works; you're not doing anything about the problem. Maybe you don't get the concept of "I've tried everything." I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. What language do I have to say it in for people to understand?! What challenge does getting roped give you? How many times can you get roped and still have enough life to do whatever instance you were trying to get to in the first place? That's what happened to me, and no, by the time I finally got to the instance I had no potions left. It isn't a challenge; it's a tedious setback. Don't we have a right as paying customers to be able to get to where we have to go unscathed?

well, if you dont think my theory works, thats your problem. i beat mb a long time ago and i barely ever got caught. well all i have to say is good lick with mb because you can't seem to get anywhere without getting caught.

-mark thunderheart, legendary pyromancer/ aaron dragonsong, apprentice theurgist

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It's taking me far too long to beat Marleybone with my Diviner...

No, it's not because my health is low and I keep dying (actually my health doesn't even matter; Storm's powerful attacks make up for my low health and I've had an easier time in Marleybone than with any other school); it's because I can't fly two blocks without getting roped into a match! I refuse to waste mana, so I flee and collect mana wisps. Then I get caught again and I have to collect mana again. I could be standing way out of harm's way and still get caught! It's getting ridiculous! I know having sidewalks on rooftops obviously breaks the illusion, but the monsters walk too close to the "safe zone", and there's constant debris (boxes, cans, garbage, etc.) that's more obstructive than eye-pleasing. I'm the most careful flyer I know (my friends constantly depend on me in instances to get us where we're supposed to go without getting roped into a match) and everywhere else I'm fine (except when it comes to the corners of MooShu, which is a different story), but in Marleybone I'm useless. Could you make the monsters walk closer to the middle of the street or make their area of grasp smaller?

what i do is i wait for the monsters to go off of the bridge so i dont get in battle.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
The reason you are getting advice is because you are not giving constructive criticism. You are talking about a problem but not how it affects things in the game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
The reason you are getting advice is because you are not giving constructive criticism. You are talking about a problem but not how it affects things in the game.

That's not constructive criticism (just saying), and I've been saying how this problem affects the game. Because of this problem, it's taking the silent majority and I longer to beat Marleybone. Not because we're unskilled, because we can't go five blocks without getting roped into battle. How simple can I put it? Furthermore, exactly how does having the monsters walk a little bit closer to the street's center negatively impact the game?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
I dont know but i never have gotten "roped" as you call it and when i do i just quit and come back its easy as 1 2 3 this topic is really unimportant anymore.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
I dont know but i never have gotten "roped" as you call it and when i do i just quit and come back its easy as 1 2 3 this topic is really unimportant anymore.

Like I said, this doesn't work for my computer. I can do it as many times as I want and still be in the same battle. If this topic is so "unimportant" to you, why are you still posting responses on this thread? No one asked you to.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It's taking me far too long to beat Marleybone with my Diviner...

No, it's not because my health is low and I keep dying (actually my health doesn't even matter; Storm's powerful attacks make up for my low health and I've had an easier time in Marleybone than with any other school); it's because I can't fly two blocks without getting roped into a match! I refuse to waste mana, so I flee and collect mana wisps. Then I get caught again and I have to collect mana again. I could be standing way out of harm's way and still get caught! It's getting ridiculous! I know having sidewalks on rooftops obviously breaks the illusion, but the monsters walk too close to the "safe zone", and there's constant debris (boxes, cans, garbage, etc.) that's more obstructive than eye-pleasing. I'm the most careful flyer I know (my friends constantly depend on me in instances to get us where we're supposed to go without getting roped into a match) and everywhere else I'm fine (except when it comes to the corners of MooShu, which is a different story), but in Marleybone I'm useless. Could you make the monsters walk closer to the middle of the street or make their area of grasp smaller?

you should try kensington park with all its fast golems lol. or did they make them slower yet? idk

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
matthat10 wrote:
you should try kensington park with all its fast golems lol. or did they make them slower yet? idk

Yep, Kensington Park has remained unchanged.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

Like I said, this doesn't work for my computer. I can do it as many times as I want and still be in the same battle. If this topic is so "unimportant" to you, why are you still posting responses on this thread? No one asked you to.

I dont know i just like proving a point.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
I dont know i just like proving a point.

Me too lol I always do this. On a serious note, would it really change the game that much to have the monsters walk a little closer to the center of the street? Walking through the center actually seems a little safer than walking on the make-shift sidewalk, when according to every other world that shouldn't be the case.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
I completed Marleybone. On the rooftops I didn't have any issue with the regular stretches of the rooftop. If you get to an intersection that is another story. You just have to learn to wait till the mobs pass. Occasionally you run into an issue with an obstacle being in the way and you have to go around. Same applies there. I think Marleybone is more about patience and taking your time. Visually it is a cool world but I thought the rooftops just seemed to drag on and on. I think I would have skipped Marleybone and rather have done GH instead if given the option.