Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why don't the pets help us at all?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
My dad and I have been playing wizard101 for a while and haven't figured out what the pets do. Shouldn't they be able to heal you or carry your pips or something?

Administrator
Many pets do help you a great deal.

Some (not all) pets come with a spell card that goes in your deck like a wand. The spells on some of the pets are very powerful!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 21, 2008
It's true, my Pixie pet gives me a Pixie card, and I also had a Kraken Pet that gave me the kraken card, on beta. Not sure what happened to it though. :[

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
But why use gold to buy pets that do nothing, because I have only seen a couple that add spells.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Because, getting pets from drops is a real pain, and most have very low drop rates. So you can buy a pet for gold, as a vanity pet.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Professor, is it not possible to either give the pets more abiities, help them grow or something of that sort? Vanity pets are only show, and the pleasure of having them wears of after a while. Maybe if we could help them grow (even if they did not help in batle at all) or have some type of interaction with them, the pleasure of having vanity pets would remain for a longer time.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I had an idea for a pet for each school for example a stompzilla for storm you could get it as a baby and help it grow and every time it levels up it would give you a stronger spell!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
What if you can enchant pets! a heckhound pet doesn't give you a card but if you enchant it you can get a heckhound spell same as a ghoul pet

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
QuinnHexthief wrote:
It's true, my Pixie pet gives me a Pixie card, and I also had a Kraken Pet that gave me the kraken card, on beta. Not sure what happened to it though. :[

How did you get the kraken I want one

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Some (not all) pets come with a spell card that goes in your deck like a wand. The spells on some of the pets are very powerful!

please how do you get a kraken pet and were does it drop from please tell me

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i do have a school pet called wraith and poffeser grayrose you are right the spell it gave me was insanly powerful it gave me a wraith spelll and if you srsly want it you get create a death wizard make it level 48 and your teacher says come to me you go to him ( you have to be member to get this pet ) and he tells you how to get the scarecrow spell first he asks you to get the conquense of fear then the seed of death next some branches from morits ( death tree ) then a towl or cloth from a lady in olde town then go back to your teacher and he says go to the end of the haunted cave and when you get there a scarecrow appears he talks to you in a SSSSSSSCCCCCCCAAAAARRRRRRYYYYYYY! voice ( its not so scary to me since i have very high experience with scary stuff and it takes like a soul sucker poping out of nowere ripping my soul out in lees then a second to scare me ) then after the scarecrow talks to you go back to your teacher and he says congrats now you have the scarecrow spell after you talk to him you get the wraith pet! hunter legend wraith level 49 necromancer ( i'm a grandmaster now )

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
moonlit wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

please how do you get a kraken pet and were does it drop from please tell me
There is no kraken pet. But i am sure it used to be one in beta.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Finarel wrote:
Professor, is it not possible to either give the pets more abiities, help them grow or something of that sort? Vanity pets are only show, and the pleasure of having them wears of after a while. Maybe if we could help them grow (even if they did not help in batle at all) or have some type of interaction with them, the pleasure of having vanity pets would remain for a longer time.

Actually, if you read the Ravenwood news, their coming out with a pet hatchery soon. which will let you raise pets that can help you in battle.

Not sure how yet, but more details are sure to be released in the upcoming days.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
flash33 wrote:
Finarel wrote:

Actually, if you read the Ravenwood news, their coming out with a pet hatchery soon. which will let you raise pets that can help you in battle.

Not sure how yet, but more details are sure to be released in the upcoming days.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Zbucu wrote:
My dad and I have been playing wizard101 for a while and haven't figured out what the pets do. Shouldn't they be able to heal you or carry your pips or something?

In a few months, they are releasing things for your pets, I think one was Pet Derby or something.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Well they're coming out with new pets that you can hatch and train.I bet it's gonna be AWESOME. Joe Hexblood lvl 48 and yay i got fire dragon.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Zbucu wrote:

Does anyone know what the drop rate for the pet Sprite is from Alicane Swiftarrow is anyone?