Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet and gardening energy: A big problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
lol daniel once again i see your whining again

seriously you need to think before you act in game, its not KI's fault you wasted all your energy

you need to divide your energy and think conservatively

i myself have gotten my life scarab from baby to ancient AND still had energy to tend my plants every day
( i have 3X dandelions, 2X pink dandelions, 1 boom shroom and 2 honey sickles)

what you have to do is take it one step at a time
plants tend to only really need caring for against the elements about once a day, giving you plenty of time to recharge energy and train your pet

Actually, my plants need tending to at least two to three times a day. Of course I have to use all of my energy with tending to them as they often have Rank 5 pests which costs at least 20 to kill and I only have 70 energy to start with.

However, we are all still adjusting to this change, and with change, comes complaints and things that people like and don't like. Take some time to practice gardening and training your pet so you can find a balance. Yes, I do feel like complaining that every time I go back to my house something in my garden needs something and uses energy, even if I just tended to it a few hours earlier. But, KI does tweak these things for 1) to make money by you buying extra energy, and 2) to try to make their wizards happy.

Hope you all find a balance sometime soon and start enjoying your gardening.

Rylee Dreameyes
Legendary Sorcerer
Grandmaster Artisian
Master (almost Grandmaster) Gardner

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
I have two options that don't include separating the mana globes. To be honest, I like them combined. It allows for more innovation. Imagine if they had to add a new globe every time there was a major upgrade. It'd get WAY too cluttered. But I think it's a problem too, but here are a couple solutions for it.

1.) Lower the time it takes to spawn mana. 10 minutes for 1 point is a LONG time. Especially since legendary wizards have a max of 70. That would take 700 minutes or 11 hours and 40 minutes to refill your mana from zero. That's absurd. I think 5 minutes is a perfectly acceptable rate to respawn. This would put it at just under 6 hours to fully regenerate your mana. That's a lot more acceptable. It's disgusting trying to clear as many pests as I can before going to bed, waking up in the morning, having even more pests than I started with, and my globe is only about 2/3rd full.

2.) The spell cost should be lowered drastically. I think 1 point per pet per affliction, 3 points for the medium, and 5 points for the large area would be ideal. The pest spells are just flat out ridiculous. If I get a Level 5 pest, it takes up almost 1/3rd of my mana right off the bat. For ONE SPELL! Normally, if I get one, I wait as long as I can actually hoping for more pests so it's not a total waste. Unfortunately, I usually cast Dragonflies if I have the excess mana and that means the chances are highly unlikely. 25 points for one pest is flat out ludicrous. These should be lowered to 2 points for Level 1 up to 10 points for Level 5. I think 10 is still a little high, but it's a far deal better than 25.

Another idea I just had would be to employ crafting into the mix. We could craft some of the treasure cards like the "Cast magic on all plants" card. Maybe even some grandmaster crafting items, like a scarecrow that requires one of every Level 42 spell card (Hydra, Stormzilla, Wraith, etc.) along with Black Pearls, Golden Pearls, etc.) to craft but will always scare away pests to any plant in the area. It'd be a pain to get, but would be OH so worth it. It'd also incorporate treasure card trading (which is something that is fading I think) as we'd have to craft extra 42 spells, to trade with others in order to get them all (since an Ice character wouldn't be able to craft Helephant).

There are many ways to tweak gardening, but I'm with the OP here that says it needs to get done, and there are ways of doing it that aren't as bad as separating the mana globes.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Look, this is one of the few things i actually complain about in this game (other the noobs in worlds they shouldnt be in). 2 of my plants died today because i got my jelllyfish to ancient. We are in serious need of a seprate globe, one for pet energy, and one for gardening. Otherwise i'm not doing gardening anymore. Make a seprate globe for gardeening (orange) This would solve so many problems! So if you support this say 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!

Ok, i support this fully and have tried to "civlize" the situation but have not found too much resolve. if KI does not give other globes, here is the only other thing i can think of:

if you have plants, work on your plants until you have elders and harvest them and once they are all gone, work on your pet until it is fully leveled and then start planting when your done with your pet but still:

" 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!"

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
All you do is complain, complain, complain. You should learn to balance out your energy between gardening and pet games. It's extremely easy, you sound like the type that has a garden almost bigger then the energy globe can manage.

Edit: Yes, I do garden and train my pets AND I have found a balance.

Wow I know this may have been said, but seriously. this message board AND THIS AREA in particular is a place to air concerns and complaints and find solution. I made that mistake too of making a largge garden but at the time i was not trying to train any pets. the problem is that if you are trying to train and gardening you can not do much of either.

That is a fact and a place where you feel balanced. But other may use cash to meet there needs. But it is simply a decision that is made by those who own and operate the game. She is only asking in truth is there anyone with her problem and the answer is yes many have this problem. The other option to answering her question is to offer a solution, I have none to offer because I have not found that there is a balance except that if you have more than one wiz train your pets with one and garden with the other.

I did not see your solution in your reply. Just a quick retort about how the poster is always complaining. And to that I say, so what?

You're a "grandmaster" on this board. having posted a lot and for awhile, so your lack of understand of this person's contribution or to simply to dismiss it rude and you may want re-evaluate your position of authority to member, what you actually are. We are all members, can we try to remember this before we reach dismiss anything you dont agree with as if your feelings are the only feelings that should be counted? OR We can simply do the mature thing and just move on to a post we think IS worthy of us. I know I could have moved on but i see this so much in every post that I have to address it when I do. If Someone is asking about an improvement (in their eyes) its okay say you dont agree and why but it is not cool swagger about this "better and more important than you attitude I read too often here. Why? one because the question is so clearly aimed at KI and not anyone else many questions here are aimed at the company because this company has no real direct communication. I suppose they could send an email and many do that as well, but they post here first to hear your input and get an understanding they may not have been aware of. Still, that said your response would have only served as a dead end.

Can we please learn to be more civil here? This constant need to show off/ mock people who did not get something is juvenille and not worthy of us. I understand that this game is for families and therefore there are more kids than adults but astundingly the most offensive posts here come from adults. Yea, we can do better than this. We are not all as young as our chars, its only fair that if can look like adults that we allow ourselves to behave like are in fact adults here.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
All you do is complain, complain, complain. You should learn to balance out your energy between gardening and pet games. It's extremely easy, you sound like the type that has a garden almost bigger then the energy globe can manage.

Edit: Yes, I do garden and train my pets AND I have found a balance.

Wow I know this may have been said, but seriously. this message board AND THIS AREA in particular is a place to air concerns and complaints and find solution. I made that mistake too of making a largge garden but at the time i was not trying to train any pets. the problem is that if you are trying to train and gardening you can not do much of either.

That is a fact and a place where you feel balanced. But other may use cash to meet there needs. But it is simply a decision that is made by those who own and operate the game. She is only asking in truth is there anyone with her problem and the answer is yes many have this problem. The other option to answering her question is to offer a solution, I have none to offer because I have not found that there is a balance except that if you have more than one wiz train your pets with one and garden with the other.

I did not see your solution in your reply. Just a quick retort about how the poster is always complaining. And to that I say, so what?

You're a "grandmaster" on this board. having posted a lot and for awhile, so your lack of understand of this person's contribution or to simply to dismiss it rude and you may want re-evaluate your position of authority to member, what you actually are. We are all members, can we try to remember this before we reach dismiss anything you dont agree with as if your feelings are the only feelings that should be counted? OR We can simply do the mature thing and just move on to a post we think IS worthy of us. I know I could have moved on but i see this so much in every post that I have to address it when I do. If Someone is asking about an improvement (in their eyes) its okay say you dont agree and why but it is not cool swagger about this "better and more important than you attitude I read too often here. Why? one because the question is so clearly aimed at KI and not anyone else many questions here are aimed at the company because this company has no real direct communication. I suppose they could send an email and many do that as well, but they post here first to hear your input and get an understanding they may not have been aware of. Still, that said your response would have only served as a dead end.

Can we please learn to be more civil here? This constant need to show off/ mock people who did not get something is juvenille and not worthy of us. I understand that this game is for families and therefore there are more kids than adults but astundingly the most offensive posts here come from adults. Yea, we can do better than this. We are not all as young as our chars, its only fair that if can look like adults that we allow ourselves to behave like are in fact adults here.

May I assume at the time when he made this thread the majority of his other threads within a small period all had to do with why the game is bad?

I treat everyone fairly, but when I see a person who never says why this game is good, I get irritated at why they want to play a bad game.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Well all I do is wait till my garden is long gone, train my pets, then make a new garden.

Brianna Wildblood, Expert Gardener (Rank 7)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
I agree. I have 70 energy and I usually waste it on planting. I usually try to find Orange Dandelions because: they have a pixie around it (it's smart and cute btw), it doesn't need a lot of things like water, sunlight, magic, etc. And when it's ready to harvest, it gives you good things.
So keep an eye out for Orange Dandelions, cause those are one of the best to garden.

Ashley Shadowgem Life Legendary
Intermediate Gardener (I think is rank 5, idk lol)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Personally in my opinion, what would work out best is:
1. lower the cost for killing pests and lower the large area spells. About each rank up for pest killing should only cost 3 more energy not 5, and large areas should only cost 12.
2. Give it some time! I had the same problem for about 2 weeks or so and now i am putting SEVERAL silver trumpet vines easily! and i always have enough for training my pet.
3. Maintain the needs of your garden first, then use up all that extra energy for pets, works for me.
4. If you prefer training pets first, use some energy, go until about you have about 15-35 extra energy, depending on your needs for the plants.
5. if you never have enough, even after waiting about 2 weeks, go on in the morning, then later in the afternoon, the needs are reduced majorly, allowing you to have about 40-55 extra energy for pets, depending on your needs.
6. Use plants such as: Pink Dandalions, Silver Trumpet Vines, and other plants with rank one pests until you found time to manage your garden easily.
7.If you use higher rank things, such as fiery boom shrooms and frozen evil peas (or something like that), dont plant to much, cause thats how everything dies, not enough energy, plants go bye-bye.

Well, I hope this helped, if you ever see anything that could be revised tell me, otherwise, good luck gardening ;)
-Nicholas RubyShard, Level 56 Pyromancer at the moment, btw I am a Journeyman Gardener and Adept Crafter so I feel for you people who can barely manage higher rank pests and plants

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
How about instead of all this rioting and flaming go on, has anybody suggested more energy, rather than a whole new globe? At level 60, you get about 70 max Energy, which is kind've outrageous for high levels, because we tend to use it on high level pets. A whole new globe is unreasonable, because trying to balance out the use of it instead of separating it, gives the person much more of an experience to actually TEACH them how to spend things. Pr, instead of raising the max amount, how about faster regeneration?

Sean Stormshard, Legendary Astral Sorcerer

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Moser wrote:
How about instead of all this rioting and flaming go on, has anybody suggested more energy, rather than a whole new globe? At level 60, you get about 70 max Energy, which is kind've outrageous for high levels, because we tend to use it on high level pets. A whole new globe is unreasonable, because trying to balance out the use of it instead of separating it, gives the person much more of an experience to actually TEACH them how to spend things. Pr, instead of raising the max amount, how about faster regeneration?

Sean Stormshard, Legendary Astral Sorcerer

Faster regenaration could work. but is there any negative things that could happn by adding a new globe

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I am a level 7 gardener on my legendary. But I have decided to stop replanting so I can focus on training and hatching pets.

What I have found useful are my lower wizards. (Provided they are able to be equipped with the pets.) Initially, I lose all my energy on the first transfer from the shared bank. But after that, ALL 4 of my wizards can work on pet training. :)

Once my hydra reached epic, my balance started training a leviathan and a jellyfish. My death is training a jade oni. My myth is training a dragon. And my storm is training another leviathan and a fatezilla.

Even though the lower wizards have less energy, the training to adulthood require less energy than getting to ancient and epic. And with some mega snacks - it takes no time at all.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 46 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 16 storm

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Look, this is one of the few things i actually complain about in this game (other the noobs in worlds they shouldnt be in). 2 of my plants died today because i got my jelllyfish to ancient. We are in serious need of a seprate globe, one for pet energy, and one for gardening. Otherwise i'm not doing gardening anymore. Make a seprate globe for gardeening (orange) This would solve so many problems! So if you support this say 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!
When did I say I wanted another globe?