Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet and gardening energy: A big problem

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Look, this is one of the few things i actually complain about in this game (other the noobs in worlds they shouldnt be in). 2 of my plants died today because i got my jelllyfish to ancient. We are in serious need of a seprate globe, one for pet energy, and one for gardening. Otherwise i'm not doing gardening anymore. Make a seprate globe for gardeening (orange) This would solve so many problems! So if you support this say 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
All you do is complain, complain, complain. You should learn to balance out your energy between gardening and pet games. It's extremely easy, you sound like the type that has a garden almost bigger then the energy globe can manage.

Edit: Yes, I do garden and train my pets AND I have found a balance.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
I agree with this. My pets are suffering or my plants are. I would personally rather have the pets to help in battle. The plants are becoming too much along with the pets that use the same energy.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
i am only rank 3 gardener so i dont feel your pain, BUT i still agree,and nice color suggestion for it :P

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Look, this is one of the few things i actually complain about in this game (other the noobs in worlds they shouldnt be in). 2 of my plants died today because i got my jelllyfish to ancient. We are in serious need of a seprate globe, one for pet energy, and one for gardening. Otherwise i'm not doing gardening anymore. Make a seprate globe for gardeening (orange) This would solve so many problems! So if you support this say 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!

I hear you completely man. This is the reason I don't do gardening AT ALL. I would much rather max out my pet fully and be able to defend myself better than worry about some plants which might not even give out some decent items/cards etc.

So long story short: 8) 8) 8) 8) KI WE WANT A NEW GLOBE!

Historian
May 15, 2009
lol daniel once again i see your whining again

seriously you need to think before you act in game, its not KI's fault you wasted all your energy

you need to divide your energy and think conservatively

i myself have gotten my life scarab from baby to ancient AND still had energy to tend my plants every day
( i have 3X dandelions, 2X pink dandelions, 1 boom shroom and 2 honey sickles)

what you have to do is take it one step at a time
plants tend to only really need caring for against the elements about once a day, giving you plenty of time to recharge energy and train your pet

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Yea i just gonna put a 8) 8) 8) 8) for the idea I:

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I think it is a good idea to have different energy globes, one for plants, the other for pets. I'm a rank 4 gardener, and i also have 2 hybrid pets that i want to train. It's getting hard to balance them out.
P.S KI plz find a way so we can see what rank the pests are. I'm getting tired of using 2 or 3 spells to get rid of them.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
there is a way to see what rank the pests are. when you hover over the plant it tells you which rank the pests are. But either way, i agree that there should be another way to get energy. or as we are using spells be able to use mana. I have 7 plants. thats it. and today, one of them had rank 4 pests. that was 20 energy just for one plant. let alone the water that it needed. or how about the one plant that had 5 needs of its own. water, sun, magic, pollination, and pests. rank 2 pests which cost 10 energy. my other plants needed either water or polination, or music. everything being about 3 energy. i ran out of energy, before i could get them taken care of. i don't have the money to buy crowns to refill energy.

now i love to garden. the rewards from it are awesome. I have gotten 11 black pearls from harvesting. i have recieved diamonds harvesting, and golden pearls. all rare reagents. i have also gotten different treasure cards. some useful, some not so much, as an example 2 earthquake treasure cards. different blades, sheilds and traps.

i wish there was a better way to get energy, or like i said to be able to use mana. and yes i know, that it has been said that for us to use mana to garden people would abuse gardening. but really, who wants to just sit around and garden? go take care of the plants that i have, and then go battle and quest.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
abhorsen16 wrote:
I think it is a good idea to have different energy globes, one for plants, the other for pets. I'm a rank 4 gardener, and i also have 2 hybrid pets that i want to train. It's getting hard to balance them out.
P.S KI plz find a way so we can see what rank the pests are. I'm getting tired of using 2 or 3 spells to get rid of them.

You can...... look at the plant with the pest and check it out

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

seriously you need to think before you act in game, its not KI's fault you wasted all your energy

i myself have gotten my life scarab from baby to ancient AND still had energy to tend my plants every day

plants tend to only really need caring for against the elements about once a day, giving you plenty of time to recharge energy and train your pet

dude that aint whining. its a complain that is actually gonna effect the game in a good way. same with making a lvl recontamination in cl but that isnt the topic. how many times have daniel complain. only 2 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you on the other hand have complained over 1,000,000 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and daniel has over 30 plants so you can c his stress with that

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
They do need different energy for plants and pets. The only way you could have enough energy to train pets and garden is too have only low level plants or one or two higher rank plants.

I have multiple wizards. I have 3 wizards designated as pet trainers and 2 gardeners. There would be no way possible for the gardeners to have enough energy to train pets. I only had 12 plants (most of the high ranking), and i still had difficulties keeping up with the needs. A previous poster commented about a rank 4 pest. Try a rank 5 every time you log on. That cost 25 energy right off the top. That only leaves 45 energy for other needs.

Now, I know some of you will say "Don't plant high ranking plants". Well if they did not intend for people to have high ranking plants, they wouldn't have put them in the game.

What I have learned is to not have a lot of high ranking plants and to make sure the 'garden' fits into one spell circle. Even with this tactic, I will not have enough energy to maintain a garden and train pets on the same wizard.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life (grandmaster gardener)

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I would like to see gardening energy replaced with mana as well ... the loot from gardening is much better than I expected it would be ... meanwhile ... until KI changes something ...

are you using Medium and Large plant water, sun, music, pollination, and magic spells?

The 3 point SMALL spells work on medium and large plants.

The only time using a non-small growth spell makes sense is when the number of plants INSIDE the treatment circle multiplied times three is GREATER than the mana /energy cost of th spell being used.

Historian
May 15, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

dude that aint whining. its a complain that is actually gonna effect the game in a good way. same with making a lvl recontamination in cl but that isnt the topic. how many times have daniel complain. only 2 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you on the other hand have complained over 1,000,000 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and daniel has over 30 plants so you can c his stress with that

then there is his problem he is trying to raise too many plants couple with trying to raise a pet at the same time
its not KI's fault
its his for trying to power train to grand gardener aand train his pets to epic all at the same time
if he has that many plants he needs to either

A. dig up some of those plants
or
B. stop training pets until his plants are finished

and Daniel Stronghunter, you need to learn some manners, if you don't learn to be nice, no one will like you, in fact not many like you already because of your rudeness

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

i do feel how you feel i have about what 16 plants and 2 of them are wilting trumpet vines i can't care for them because of energy i don't do pet training anymore due to my plants but thankfully the plant population is going down rapidly (elder harvesting).

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have been carrying out some experiments, and it seems like there are some considerations with number of plants you can handle.

I am using an energy of 60 as my baseline, as that is where the characters I am testing with currently are leveled.

Without any energy for pets:
12-15 first level plants in triangles (med) and hexagonal (small) so that you can hit with the 8 mana spell (yes, it is only one point for the mediums, but it is 13 energy points for the smalls). To get the hexagonal arrangement, just line up six pots around a central pot, and focus the gardening effect on the central pot. Best if all the plants are the same (I am using pink daffys I got from drops) so they all have the same needs. First level plants should never need more than the simple lvl 1 pest.

Higher level plants have an increased 'need' list, so instead of expecting just two types of needs, maybe three (or more). Pests can also be a killer.

I would guess 7 small plants of any level could be maintained (even with a level 5 pest, you only spend 25 points for all the plants, and even with 4 needs, 4 x 8 = 32, so a total of 57 points at a time.

Medium and large plants....my guess is the higher level, you only want 6 of these in two triangles that can both be covered by the same pest spell.

Diversity is a pain, as it means a different set of needs, and it is tougher to use the higher level, less energy per plant spells effectively.

ANyone notice anything I am missing?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
I have been carrying out some experiments, and it seems like there are some considerations with number of plants you can handle.

I am using an energy of 60 as my baseline, as that is where the characters I am testing with currently are leveled.

12-15 first level plants in triangles (med) and hexagonal (small) so that you can hit with the 8 mana spell (yes, it is only one point for the mediums, but it is 13 energy points for the smalls). To get the hexagonal arrangement, just line up six pots around a central pot, and focus the gardening effect on the central pot. Best if all the plants are the same (I am using pink daffys I got from drops) so they all have the same needs. First level plants should never need more than the simple lvl 1 pest.

Higher level plants have an increased 'need' list, so instead of expecting just two types of needs, maybe three (or more). Pests can also be a killer.

I would guess 7 small plants of any level could be maintained (even with a level 5 pest, you only spend 25 points for all the plants, and even with 4 needs, 4 x 8 = 32, so a total of 57 points at a time.

Medium and large plants....my guess is the higher level, you only want 6 of these in two triangles that can both be covered by the same pest spell.

Diversity is a pain, as it means a different set of needs, and it is tougher to use the higher level, less energy per plant spells effectively.

Mike,
Our discussion in a different thread has had me experimenting. I keep a small 4-6 plant garden now. I am experimenting with higher level plants. I use the lower energy spells for water, sun, magic, etc most of the time. I use higher spells for bad pests or if two or more plants need the same thing. I also am experimenting with layouts. My energy usage is much better now. I can do both most times if I want. Those higher level pests are an energy eater. lol Thanks for all the back and forth and ideas you gave me. The energy dilemma has decreased. :D

I plan to try more plants when things settle down from the holidays.

Megan

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

You would have a nice garden but no energy for pet training. Which is the reason for this thread. I am assuming that was the point you were making with the question.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I agree and disagree at the same time lol. I do agree the needs of plants surpass the energy we're given to care for them insofar as that I as grandmaster gardener CANNOT manage a full sized garden even if I stay on it full time with no pet training at all. why give us the slots for gardening if we are by no means able to use them even at a grandmaster gardening level???

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I agree 100% please make a new globe or give us more energy KI.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

If he's so stressed out by it, why's he trying to grow a Thatcher Park?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
The other thing is with 66 energy it takes 11 hours for all of it to come back. Your solotion repllace it with mana or something new would be good or they could reduce the time to 5 minutes that would take 5 and a half hours which os pretty good. I have about 20 plants and i have a hard time upkeeping them.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
I agree!!! This is totally frustrating. KI has done a good job of coming up with things to keep us busy between the makings of worlds. It is actually only in their best interest to not make us choose between gardening or pet leveling. I pay for a subscription for three accounts each month and I really don't think that I should be made to buy crowns in order to give more energy to do both of the above mentioned. It is also, confusing that when I increase a level in gardening that this energy does not fill up.

KI, I understand that when you implement a new change that you will have little tweaks to work through. This is one of those tweaks that I believe that I can speak for everyone who does pet leveling and gardening could agree that needs to be made. What is even worse is that like this morning I only did some gardening and only had nine plants to cure elements on, but ran out of pet energy before I was able to complete all because of the requirement of a rank 4 pest spell. This is really unfair. I now have zero energy to do any pet games or finish curing my plants. My choice now is to spend more money on crowns or wait. This really needs to be fixed. I know you guys can do it cause you guys are amazing with the things you have done.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I appreciate Mike's posts as well.

I am, however, getting higher ranked pests on lower ranked plants.

I had a pink dandelion with a rank four pest today. For the record, I also had trouble harvesting after I cleared the pest. There were 8-9 harvestable plants, but no matter which plant I tried to "interface with" the message called to press "x" to harvest evil snow peas. The peas were harvested first, but the other plants were desperagus, rye bread, dandelion, pink dandelion, boom shroom, baby carrots, heliphants, fly trap, and fickle pickle, NOT peas.

Leaving and returning 5 minutes later corrected the problem, but the "hinkiness" of the whole addressing a specific plant affair leaves me wondering if the pest was REALLY on the dandelion, or actually on a higher ranking plant nearby. The pop-up specically said the pest was on the dandelion, but still ... the pop-up also said I was harvesting evil snow peas when the plant I was standing next to was NOT a pea and there were no peas within the treatment circle involved.

No matter what caused the rank four pest on a dandelion, I think Mike's close arrangement idea IS what we should do until KI changes things.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
abhorsen16 wrote:

I agree.I don't spend much time on gardening but I know it takes alot of energy. Im a rank 2 gardener. Oh yeah and if you just hover above the plant while in gardening mode and the plant has pests, itll tell what rank it is

Luke skywalker: lvl 45 diviner
Neophyte gardener
:) :)