Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are they really there, or is my sight failing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
Lately I have been in Ddragonspyre doing aquests, and I still have this one quest in drake hatchary which is to collect some textbooks from a terrorwing monster. I dont remember what type of terrorwing it was but I cant find him!
My compass keeps telling me that he is right in front of me but it is usually a different type of monster. Or sometimes, there is nothing in front of me. So I ususally dont go forward just in case. But just the other day, HE WAS FINALLY THERE , but there was only one of them when there is supposed to be a few of them, I looked everywhere for the others but they werent there when my compass told me that they were . I have had this problem before but in different worlds. So when it is a different monster of if the terrorwing guy isnt there at all, is it just a glitch and he is there, or is my compass and my sight failing me? Help me out here please! :(

- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 6 pyromancer

Explorer
May 20, 2010
No your sight is not failing you. I have had this happen in other worlds. Dont follow the arrow, the map usually shows you an area where there are more of/just that monster, go there. If this doesnt happen, I have had to get into a random battle with the guys that are in the area in order to make the guys I need appear.

Hope this helps.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:
Lately I have been in Ddragonspyre doing aquests, and I still have this one quest in drake hatchary which is to collect some textbooks from a terrorwing monster. I dont remember what type of terrorwing it was but I cant find him!
My compass keeps telling me that he is right in front of me but it is usually a different type of monster. Or sometimes, there is nothing in front of me. So I ususally dont go forward just in case. But just the other day, HE WAS FINALLY THERE , but there was only one of them when there is supposed to be a few of them, I looked everywhere for the others but they werent there when my compass told me that they were . I have had this problem before but in different worlds. So when it is a different monster of if the terrorwing guy isnt there at all, is it just a glitch and he is there, or is my compass and my sight failing me? Help me out here please! :(

I have found that two things help with this.

First: look at the map. The guys I need might be showing on the map in a location a little bit further away that where I can see only one (or in some cases, none). I go to the other area on the map, and they are usually there without all of the "other" guys that I don't need. (Just a side note: I find this is happening a LOT in Celestia too.)

Second: if the map shows me that the guys are supposed to be where I am standing, and I can't see any of them, I switch realms. It might have been that someone else was just in that area and got rid of all the ones that I am looking for. So changing realms usually solves that problem.

It's frustrating to say the least.

I have one question for you. Are you really only a lvl 6 in Dragonspyre? Or was that a typing error?

Jasmine StormWalker

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:

i dont mean to be a smarty pants, but did u mean lvl 60, or somthing else beacause i doubt that u are lvl 6

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
ibeamazing101 wrote:
TROJAN250 wrote:

i dont mean to be a smarty pants, but did u mean lvl 60, or somthing else beacause i doubt that u are lvl 6
Hey its me, sorry that was a typo, I meant to say 46 so that is my error, ty for your help.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 48 (I leveled up a few times)