Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few general hatching questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010

1) If I hatch 2 lvl 48 school pets, and I don't get a hybrid, can I get one that looks like the other pet? Or is it either a hybrid or a copy of my own?

i.e. my hydra and his helephant...can I get a helephant, or just a hybrid or hydra?

2) Can 2nd generation versions of lvl 48s produce hybrids? i.e. if I get the helephant mentioned above, or even the 2nd gen hydra, can I possibly hatch a hybrid with it? Does the chance (small to begin with from what I understand) go down as the pet gets more generations away from the start of the line?

3) What happens when you hatch hybrids? Or can you? Will you get a dupe of one of the two parents? Is their a chance you could go back a generation and get a "grandparent"

Thanks for the help.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
1. You have a chance at all pets possible, even the other hatchers.

2. No only 1st generations pets can make hybrids.

3. Not unless your mixing your hybrid the one of 1st generation pets needed to make the hybrid.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Actually 2nd gen pets can make Hybrids

A Hybrid will not create a new type of Hybrid - if you Hatch two Hybrids the offspring will be the same type as one of the Hybrid parents.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
cotguy130 wrote:

2) Can 2nd generation versions of lvl 48s produce hybrids? i.e. if I get the helephant mentioned above, or even the 2nd gen hydra, can I possibly hatch a hybrid with it?

Yes.

Does the chance (small to begin with from what I understand) go down as the pet gets more generations away from the start of the line?

Talents that manifested in the parents have a greater chance of manifesting in the offspring.
So, the answer depends on which Talents you have tried to strenghthen and which you have chosen to ignore or weaken in your strategic Hatching.